19 11.4%

16 9.6%

14 8.4%

6 3.6%

7 4.2%

12 7.2%

• Total voters

Alaska49

lol laura probably doesn't even qualify. she is BORING and would never allow her staging to go to the romania lengths she would need because of how damn churchy she is. she'd look like anna without the sand drawing. she'd do as well as ester at best. bella was the one who could do better here.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I don't believe I underrate it. The song is Sul Tsin Iaresque in that it's 2 and a half minutes of slow build up to a somewhat memorable (but not very epic) climax. It's too Sunday School to really go anywhere camp or playful or fun. To get to Kate's level and beyond (which is what you claim would happen) Laura would need to either outsell the live (which she did NOT in Selectia, at least not on the level Tamara did in Tel Aviv) or elevate it with staging (which is always possible, but Ester's staging wasn't too different from the NF either and Dear Father's NF staging is [footage not found]).

Romania was never getting higher than 15th place at best, even with their best option, which was Bella, winning the NF.

Realest

I can only quote myself from around 150 Pages ago to show why she would have done pretty well.

Lets face it, Laura is the huge International Superstar that Europe (a.k.a. the international professional Jurymember and the Casual Viewers) wants to see and hear.

She has the big voice and the a bit dated Song that the international, professional Jurymembers want to hear.
She has the cute look, the stage presence and the charisma which make the Televoter vote for her.
Her song is instant and has the universal appeal to all cultural Regions.
She is a real Superstar who wont disappear after Eurovision, but who will build her career further and further.

Laura-Bretan-Young-Singer-11-768x768.jpg

No way this was gonna dq especially not when :dk: qualifies with 95 Points

Citelis

@BorrisBubbles I guess that we will never learn but i agree that Bella would not go higher than 15th.
Emmelie was probably right for giving 0 Bella.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
sis have you forgotten juries hate opera

but also i want to say that i hated

I don't believe I underrate it. The song is Sul Tsin Iaresque in that it's 2 and a half minutes of slow build up to a somewhat memorable (but not very epic) climax. It's too Sunday School to really go anywhere camp or playful or fun. To get to Kate's level and beyond (which is what you claim would happen) Laura would need to either outsell the live (which she did NOT in Selectia, at least not on the level Tamara did in Tel Aviv) or elevate it with staging (which is always possible, but Ester's staging wasn't too different from the NF either and Dear Father's NF staging is [footage not found]).

Romania was never getting higher than 15th place at best, even with their best option, which was Bella, winning the NF.
this insult to Oto IOTAP

martin

We will never know but I think Laura wouldn't sticked out from the rest, same if France would've chosen Seamone. Bella I am afraid might have been a fan wank and I see her lower than Cyprus but again, we will never know. The only thing that is clear is that both would've qualified for sure.

They also didn't publish a reaction to the SF2 split as they did for the other two shows. All in all this was just a stupid farce were you have no winners really.

Well i don,t think Laura or Bella would have been better than maks top 10. Probably between 12-20. But my point is that Wiwiblogs in this case did a awful job. I,m are actutally very sad for Ester. She did nothing wrong and i actutally like her staging. But Wiwiblogs overrathed her and her songs. The biggest looser is still the Romania People who never get the chance to send the best song.

Let,s hope people learn and not give Wiwiblogs the same power next time.

martin

You're absolutely mental if you think that song would've done better than Zero Gravity did. It would do about as well as Kruna and La Voix did, at fucking best.

and YES finally @ acklowedging Emmelie was the actual saboteur here (even though I also believe her taste is legit that bad! She is Danish, after all.)

What? Danish People have great taste :)
So many good songs the last 10 years and so many good points to Norway x12s

Realest

Just noticed Eurovision Romania deleted 1000s of Comments on Facebook. Im wondering what they were about?

Btw. 147K Viewers, probably less than Iceland despite having 19 Mio Inhabitants more.

Ezio

Veteran
Romania has to up its game in Eurovision in order to stay relevant.

OK songs with irritating performances don't sell anymore. Those 3 minutes of On a sunday felt so dull. I didn't like the song to begin with. But I didn't like the Swiss entry neither, but it slayed.

When was the last time I though Romania's got talent? I can't remember.

Except for Laura Bretan.

Preuss

Ilinca was a talent but her partner or whatsoever was not nearly as good as her
I'd love her to represent Romania alone :D

John1

Ilinca was a talent but her partner or whatsoever was not nearly as good as her
I'd love her to represent Romania alone :D

he was soooo full of himself though, look at what he stated regarding salvador's win back then.

Loindici

Veteran
Laura would've had strong televoting support but also would've drowned like Katerine in the end, so no justice would be served.

Realest

Esters TV-Debacle:

Moldova | 1
Italy | 2
Ireland | 10
United Kingdom |10
Switzerland | 11
Lithuania | 11
Austria | 12
Kroatia | 12
Malta | 12
Azerbaijan | 12
Albania | 12
Denmark | 13
Sweden | 13
Norway | 13
Macedonia | 13
Russia | 13
Germany | 14
The Netherlands | 14
Latvia | 14
Armenia | 17

23/24 Points came from Countries with a relevant romanian Population. If she competed under the Austrian/Swiss/Czech/Maltese etc.. Flag she would probably get the same 1 Point from UK and nothing else. Im still wondering how....

John1

I've got to say that Ester got robbed big time at ESC. Her song was dope tbh and deserved to make it to the final.

randajad

Veteran
Yes, but that performance concept was very bad from the backdrop to the outfits, and that unfortunate chair. The song was good and vocals were good.

randajad

Veteran
It does matter tho. Much better songs have failed because the song wasn’t accessible to the audience. It was a mess and looked cheap.

Citelis

The staging didn't work but she was amazing and the song was great too. Every time i remember that she got Romania's worst result ever i want to cry!

Realest

No Melody, no Chorus, horrible Pronounciation, no Charisma, unsympathetic Stagepresence, cheap Outfits etc.. The Entry got exactly what it deserved. Thank God something like Karma exists. A shame that Lauras Dream had to be ruined for a Nonqualifier.

Top Bottom