Contact us

Romania ROMANIA 2017 - Ilinca feat. Alex Florea - Yodel It!

How do you rate the entry?

62 26.4%

17 7.2%

13 5.5%

20 8.5%

15 6.4%

9 3.8%

14 6.0%

12 5.1%

12 5.1%

8 3.4%

53 22.6%

• Total voters

DanielLuis

Honestly, saying that he doesn't have health problems? Is he actually implying that he is lying about his heart condition?
What a disgusting idiot, he should think about what it's like to be waiting for a life-saving heart transplant before saying that.

ParadiseES

What Alex said is utterly disgusting.

And talking about cheap things after using a cannon to throw confetti while singing a song which mixes rap and yodelling. I'm totally ok with that but MAYBE you're not the most appropriate person to label someone as "cheap" :rolleyes:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Wow, Alex Florea did a great job in proving Romanian stereotypes.

In my time here (and life in general), I've gotten the chance to meet quite a few Romanians (including possibly myself? Idk my genealogy's kinda weird). For the most part, they've been compassionate, polite, they have a sense of judgment, they just are and do lots of things that Alex Florea clearly isn't and doesn't.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Meh. We didn't need this drama at all.

Alex seems to think Salvador got a lot of attention also from being the guy with a heart problem (which in talent shows such as Dancing with the stars, X-factor etc. can get you some pity votes). I can understand where he's coming from as Salvador wasn't present at many ESC events such as rehearsals and our broadcaster kept spewing the same idea over and over (that he has a heart problem).

This was probably the bitchiest way of saying it, but by "head problems" he might refer to Salvador's slightly autistic behavior (i have no idea how autism works, but that's the impression i get, sorry y'all for my impromptu medical expertise).

I'm not trying to defend Alex's statement as it was extremely bitchy, but I'm trying to understand how he came to that conclusion. And it isn't because he's a "sore loser" as some here on other social medias are calling him because he never thought we would win (he personally saw Italy as the winner, he said it numerous times).

Please bear in mind this is Alex Florea's statement and not Ilinca's and NOT Romania's. I get you are excited for getting this moment to trash our entry, but sorry to disappoint you - we still have a fun song that got 7th place.

ParadiseES

he might refer to Salvador's slightly autistic behavior (i have no idea how autism works, but that's the impression i get, sorry y'all for my impromptu medical expertise).

That's how it looks from the way he performs, but it's a completely different story out of the stage. In the interviews Salvador shows himself as a quite funny and crazy guy who says whatever it comes to his mind without trying to be politically correct, not even with himself.

DanielLuis

Please bear in mind this is Alex Florea's statement and not Ilinca's and NOT Romania's. I get you are excited for getting this moment to trash our entry, but sorry to disappoint you - we still have a fun song that got 7th place.

Ilinca is a sweetheart. She was in the same interview where Alex said that and by what she said we can clearly see she doesn't share the same opinion! Or at least if she does she's not dumb enough to express it, especially in that way :lol:

vicki

Ilinca said that she liked Amar Pelos dois and that it was a deserved winner.
The Composer of the song actually voted for it when all the composers were asked to vote for the best composition.
As for the Romanian stereotypes, I'm really curious to hear about that too.

Ezio

Veteran

Centrix

Wow, Alex Florea did a great job in proving Romanian stereotypes. After bringing such a tacky performance with cannons onto the stage, he is not in the position to scorn a winner for his decency.

Romanian result = 95% Ilinca's yodeling, 5% staging, 0% rap part

Romanian stereotype?! This is just an awful reaction. And no, I won't say nothing about Austrian stereotypes.

midnightsun

Veteran
Of course, if Salvador really has a heart problem (I have to admit I didn't follow his story closely) then this is disgusting to say by Alex, but apart from that, he is very right about the fact that Salvador probably benefitted a little bit from having those issues. You can't deny it - this has always been a thing in Eurovision. (And yes, I am well aware he would've been won anyway, with or without heart issues ;-)).

Realest

It's a shame what the swiss, german and austrian Juries did to Romania in the Final and especially in the Semi-Final.
Especially Joy Denalane who put Romania on 25th Place and said that Levina belonged to Top10 and that she really never ever expected this Desaster #Karma

DanielLuis

They are both coming to Eurovision Live Concert in Portugal this year. I wonder the reaction Alex Florea will get after what he said about Salvador.

Realest

Those 12 Points belonged to :md: and not to :nl: oOX oOX

CC92

Downright awful entry. Tacky as hell even by Romanian standards. I'm actually supportive of 100% televoting but for some 'problematical' countries that always get their a**es saved with diaspora no matter the song (:ro: being the prime example) only the jury result times two should contribute to the overall score IMO. As 7th place is still way too high for this.

blue00eyes

Jury score times two?? :lol::lol::lol: jury is a bunch of random "professionals", how could 5 random people have 2x more power than millions of viewers..

Romania's 7th place is deserved, it wasn't achieved due to diaspora only, many viewers liked this song, it was fun and memorable. It's so boring to blame diasporas all the time like if juries were the only true and reliable. Even juries gave Romania points (even more than to marvellous Hungary!) so it means juries have little credibility because no professional could give high points to such a song that relies on fun-factor only .. :rolleyes:

Realest

Downright awful entry. Tacky as hell even by Romanian standards. I'm actually supportive of 100% televoting but for some 'problematical' countries that always get their a**es saved with diaspora no matter the song (:ro: being the prime example) only the jury result times two should contribute to the overall score IMO. As 7th place is still way too high for this.

You must be trolling. Romania was Top10 in 38/41 Countries and the other 3 Results were 11th in :me:, :mk: and 18th in :ge:.
Romania was only 4th Place in typical Diaspora-Countries like :es: while they won the Televoting in :ie: without having Romanians there.
Romania beat this year many Diasporas for example they were:

5th Place in :be: while Armenia was 12th and Greece 13th.
3rd Place in :bg: while Armenia was 12th and Greece was 6th.
2nd Place in :fr: (3rd biggest TV in Europe) while Armenia was 5th and Israel was 8th.
5th Place in :de: (Biggest TV in Europe) while Poland was 9th and Greece was 11th.
6th Place in :is: while Poland was 8th.
1st !!! Place in :ie: while Poland was 4th and UK was 7th.
9th Place in :by: while Ukraine was 10th and Azerbaijan was 11th.

Top Bottom