Contact us

Romania ROMANIA 2017 - Ilinca feat. Alex Florea - Yodel It!

How do you rate the entry?

62 26.4%

17 7.2%

13 5.5%

20 8.5%

15 6.4%

9 3.8%

14 6.0%

12 5.1%

12 5.1%

8 3.4%

53 22.6%

• Total voters

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The jury hated us with the hate of a burning sun. 15th place in semi from juries while getting 3rd place from televote.

I'm really proud of Ilinca and Alex, they did their best and had a lot of fun in Kyiv. 7th place is great too, i guess

DaFlo

Banned
The jury hated us with the hate of a burning sun. 15th place in semi from juries while getting 3rd place from televote.

I'm really proud of Ilinca and Alex, they did their best and had a lot of fun in Kyiv. 7th place is great too, i guess

Moldovan jury loved you tho xheart #friendshipgoals

estonia

So lovely and entertaining performance from Romania! Something original and cool! Really happy for your great result! Ended up being one of my biggest favourites this year! :)

Edward

Indeed kinda robbed by the jury but judging last year and all this has to be seen as a positive return for Romania. What matters is that people loved it. Nothing's more rewarding than being one of the favorites on the televote.

I'm still not sure what to make of "Yodel it!" in detail but looking at the big picture it is an entry I quite like. It was impossible to ignore it in a physical way whenever it surfaced again and again on the recaps. Illinca's yodeling and bubbly personality were so contagious xheart

On the other hand I felt that Alex was a bit over confident...or maybe that's just his personality. Not a fan of the rapping either but I suppose it fits the song.

I'm used to more quality songs by Romania but clearly a song that will go down in Romanian ESC history as one of the good ones. Hard to hate on such a feel good song.

P.S. I'm glad yodeling gets some ESCognition at last, I had already loved when Global Kryner made use of it back in 2005 (though no such success for them back then).

MyHeartIsYours

God bless these two! :lol: Quite possibly my favourite Eurovision entry EVER! I think they fit together perfectly, and the song was so funny and original. Their performance was easily the most fun and energetic, and "the kiss" was probably THE moment of the night :lol: I voted three times for them, then 5 minutes later was like hmm might just give them one more, then another, and another :p

Romania, my winner of 2017!!! xheart :ro:

ParadiseES

Poor Alex :(

C_vAj6SXcAIAOpk.jpg

Ezio

Veteran
The jury hated us with the hate of a burning sun.

But that was expected. Didn't the Romanian people expect that? I thought it was very brave to send a fun song that could only rely on a televote.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
But that was expected. Didn't the Romanian people expect that? I thought it was very brave to send a fun song that could only rely on a televote.

I mean, yeah, but after seeing the jury votes and how high Moldova (another fun song) was there, I'm kinda annoyed at how they only hated us THAT much. :"D

Ezio

Veteran
I mean, yeah, but after seeing the jury votes and how high Moldova (another fun song) was there, I'm kinda annoyed at how they only hated us THAT much. :"D

I think the performance made the difference. The Moldovan performance had a catch with the loose leg trick and looked more expensive than Romania's hot mess for the lolz and the cannons were a low point, I suppose.

Uvaro

http://wiwibloggs.com/2017/05/18/romania-alex-florea-salvador-sobral-cheap-theatrics/189955/
alex talking about portugal winning:
They used marketing to win, as happens in our talent shows as well. His backstory worked and the public ate it up. But from my point of view, Salvador doesn’t have heart problems, but head issues. Everybody thought that Italy would win, but there was a big fuss in Kyiv about [Salvador Sobral] because he was mysterious, he didn’t give interviews, he didn’t take photos and he wouldn’t show up for rehearsals. The Bulgarian representative could also have used his story, as he doesn’t see well, but he didn’t. The Portuguese played a role, that’s what I felt. I saw him on many occasions and I didn’t believe he had [health] problems. On the other hand, his song is excellent and it’s been a while since something like this has been written. But I am annoyed by the cheap theatrics, that’s why I’m so cynical. A lot of people have problems. But don’t use this to win. If you want to win, use what you do professionally, your voice, your show. That’s winning! I’ve had problems myself in talent shows, but I’ve never resorted to cheap deceitful tactics in order to win.

jesus christ could he be any saltier?

Ezio

Veteran
Wow, Alex Florea did a great job in proving Romanian stereotypes. After bringing such a tacky performance with cannons onto the stage, he is not in the position to scorn a winner for his decency.

Romanian result = 95% Ilinca's yodeling, 5% staging, 0% rap part

Laepo1

Wow, Alex Florea did a great job in proving Romanian stereotypes. After bringing such a tacky performance with cannons onto the stage, he is not in the position to scorn a winner for his decency.

Romanian result = 95% Ilinca's yodeling, 5% staging, 0% rap part

you got that staging overrated...those two canons where very cringe worthy :lol:

Top Bottom