Contact us

Romania ROMANIA 2017 - Ilinca feat. Alex Florea - Yodel It!

How do you rate the entry?

62 26.4%

17 7.2%

13 5.5%

20 8.5%

15 6.4%

9 3.8%

14 6.0%

12 5.1%

12 5.1%

8 3.4%

53 22.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
ROMANIA.png

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Re: ROMANIA 2017

Romania is a big ?

I have no idea what's going to happen. They could

A. Pay the outstanding bills or come up with some kind of Payment arrangements if they are eager to return

B. They can't afford to pay anything and will be forced to sit out for another year

C. They are mad as hell the way things went down in 2016 and refuse to take part

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

B. They can't afford to pay anything and will be forced to sit out for another year

This. There is no chance for TVR to pay the debt since they will be put in insolvency soon. TVR is the perfect image of corruption in Romania: nepotism, political incompetence, tax evasion, misuse of public funds and so on. Their ratings are, in general, zero. The only time of the year when TVR scores a little bit of audience is when Eurovision season kicks in. So without ESC they are pretty much dead already. Nobody watches their programs, really.

I guess we have to get our shit together, disband TVR and create a new and more competent public broadcaster, if it's possible (I personally doubt it, many politicians have a lot of interest to keep TVR the the mess that it is right now).

This is probably a farewell, Eurovision. :(

Ritararita

What if there is yet another option:

D. A different Romanian broadcaster becomes a member of EBU and - having no debts - will participate in Eurovision.

Would it be possible?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

D. A different Romanian broadcaster becomes a member of EBU and - having no debts - will participate in Eurovision.

Would it be possible?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intact_Media_Group one of these channels, probably Antena 1
or
RCS & RDS creating a whole new channel dedicated to music in order to become a member of EBU; they have the $$$ and they invest in a lot of stuff so..dunno, maybe.

I wonder if, in order to aquire the membership, said channel has to pay TVR's debt tho :/

Terence

C is the most realistic situation - from the Romanian public & singers. If I were them, I'd boycott Eurovision because of what happened.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intact_Media_Group one of these channels, probably Antena 1
or
RCS & RDS creating a whole new channel dedicated to music in order to become a member of EBU; they have the $$$ and they invest in a lot of stuff so..dunno, maybe.

I wonder if, in order to aquire the membership, said channel has to pay TVR's debt tho :/

Well a lot of the wording from EBU articles suggest TVR was expelled from the contest, not the country itself. Of course people will report it as Romania being expelled but if another broadcaster came along I'm sure it'd be fine

Centrix

If there will be another station, then I hope it will be Pro tv . They can win 2-3 times in next 10 years. But if I will ne tvr, I won't return until the actual director of EBU won't be changed. Because if Tvr had a bad management, EBU had a bad management, too. How they could to come with this decission with 3 weeks before the contest. Why did they wait so many years? They were also bad managers.

Centrix

In debt for who? I guess that any tv station have debt. I am sure that Pro Tv ca solve this and will make a good job. But right, Antena showed more interes for ESC always. Still, money are a problem everywhere. Romanian press is in a big crisis in these times.

JimmyJump

They should bring Alexandra Stan to the contest :)

EscGeek

Veteran

Do romanians pay monthly subscription for TVR?? xthink
If so,how much?

In slovenia it's mandatory to pay 12,75 € per household

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Do romanians pay monthly subscription for TVR?? xthink
If so,how much?

In slovenia it's mandatory to pay 12,75 € per household

Yes, we do. 1.5 € for natural persons and 6.67 € for legal persons. It's called Radio-TV Tax and you pay it at the same time with electricity bill :lol:

Edit: I see this is actually a plan for 2016. Currently,
the licence fee in Romania for a household is 48 RON (€ 10.857) per year. Small businesses pay about €45 and large businesses about € 150.

WhoKnows

Yes, we do. 1.5 € for natural persons and 6.67 € for legal persons. It's called Radio-TV Tax and you pay it at the same time with electricity bill :lol:

Edit: I see this is actually a plan for 2016. Currently,
the licence fee in Romania for a household is 48 RON (€ 10.857) per year. Small businesses pay about €45 and large businesses about € 150.

Wait, so you pay this Radio-TV tax even if you don't have a tv or don't watch tv? :eek:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Wait, so you pay this Radio-TV tax even if you don't have a tv or don't watch tv? :eek:

No, only if you own a TV/Radio. :lol: But you kinda pay it by default (you have to make a declaration that you don't own a TV/Radio)

eerik

Would it be possible?

I'd say that is the only realistic option.

DanielLuis

Pro TV tried, but it seems EBU does not want any other channel than TVR.

ProTV doesn't fit the criteria...I think they should be able to broadcast it (as long as they pay the broadcasting fee), but they don't fit the criteria to be members of the EBU and as such can't compete.

Top Bottom