Contact us

Robots - good or bad, the way we love them

LalehForWD

Robots are fascinating, especially when trying to imitate humans (which is when its good, pretty amazing acting).
Post your favourite robots!

1401194.jpg

img003.GIF

LalehForWD

Vvz3nZJ.jpg

Flash/Florentine in Äkta människor played by Josephine Alhanko

334b8b76d425824ec69339641fb5c2ce.jpg

Florentine is one of "David's children" and marry Douglas, a human with whom she adopts a human child.

LalehForWD

latest

Cameron in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles played by Summer Glau.

Her attempts to blend in among teens and other people, coupled with her constant picking up of habits and phrases, are great and in my opinion what makes the series worth watching.

LalehForWD

As a student of robotics, I find it to be the creepiest thread on the forum.

:D I can appreciate that, but I guess you also can figure out it's not really about robotics engineering or science. It is of course purely fiction and as far as my angel of it here, human relations put in another light. Perhaps in a Science fiction point of view, industry robots are just programmed machines while robots require something more. Manufactured individuals with independent artificial intelligence? A quantum computer with an OS designed for empirical learning combined with biomechanical features? Incorporate cells with mitochondrion to achieve robots working on Fanta (energy comes from the sugar) etc etc

I think it's fun and fascinating. The Arnold Schwarzenegger terminator type of dumb killer machines isn't my thing though.

zoyuxi

I love R2-D2 from Star Wars! He's super-adorable. xlove

R2D2-and-C3PO-Star-Wars.jpg

I loved the dynamic between him and C3PO.

Top Bottom