Contact us

Returning to 2022...

Teaisloveable

Well! Lets start off with 2022!
With the current covid pandemic, the inevitable economic collapse to follow and the (already existing) political issues arising in many ESC participating countries, I can't help but think we could see a dip in participation in the next half decade.

Surprisingly, 2021 hasn't lost many countries (Miss you already Armenia) but I think the pandemic fallout is still raw and we could be heading into some quite dark days economically.

Unfortunately, I think this likely means a further delay of countries such as Hungary and Bosnia & Herzegovina returning to the contest.

Are there any countries that are participating in 2021, that you would not be surprised if you don't see a return in 2022?
Likewise, do you instead think that perhaps covid will trigger a wave of new participation, with countries wanting to globalise further and participate in the contest?

toinou03

Andorra is not returning.
Monaco is unlikely to come back anyday, because the Monegasque broadcaster is a French channel, and it would mean that they'd show the same shows as France 2, which would make poor figures. Well, they did in the 2004-2006 period, but in 2004, TMC was an independent channel. Since that it has all been bought by French group TF1, and the State of Monaco even sold their last parts of it. Which means Monaco will never take part in Eurovision any more. At least, in a near future.

Sammy

Veteran
I think Armenia will return, I hope for Bosnia and Montenegro and I pray that Luxembourg and Monaco finally overthink their position...

rasmuslights

Veteran
I think Armenia will return, I hope for Bosnia and Montenegro and I pray that Luxembourg and Monaco finally overthink their position...

I actually don't miss Montenegro... their entries were mostly bad...

Armenia however MUST return!

GRE

I am almost sure that :am: & :me: will come back.
Also I am 50% sure for :by:, and I do hope that :ba: & :ad: will manage to be there.
Finally, I think that it's time for :kz: to join the party.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I am almost sure that :am: & :me: will come back.
Also I am 50% sure for :by:, and I do hope that :ba: & :ad: will manage to be there.
Finally, I think that it's time for :kz: to join the party.

the only country for certain is Armenia I think...

Andorra/Montenegro have around same chances but quite small..

Kazakhstan may join because we will have only 25 countries in the final...

others I doubt... Belarus/Monaco/Luxembourg are for sure out.

Top Bottom