g044.png

PYREICA

Complete name : Republicxi Mudernè Pyreicsè // Pyreican Modern Republic
President : Aslaís Peira
Capital : Ansèth
Official language : Pyreican
Other languages : Griffin, Tybaltevan, Kamandean
Currency : Sòun (SON)
Population : 2,345,689 inh. (2019 estimation)
Surface : 45 468 km²
Motto : Esclísei eth aùsarei”/ “We’ll glide and rise”
Anthem : "Ailisi ed Tierth ò Pyr" // "The Wings from the Land on Fire"

jbxd.png

Average altitude : 1723m
Highest point : 4306m
Average temperature (summer) : 19.3°C
Average temperature (winter) : 3.4°C
Climate : alpine
Pluviometry : 1041mm/year

Pyreica is situated in the Southern part of Galea, between the countries of Rumia, Kamandé and Ujedinjeni Gvozd.
A major part of the country was founded on a plateau, surrounded by high mountain ranges in the East (Massís ed Neth) and South (Montanha d’Aur). The highest point is Píco Nethoù, which culminates at 4306m. A few decades ago snow could be found under 1000m from November to May. Nowadays, due to global warming, winter season is shorter and glaciers are melting. The biggest one, Blau Glacier, lost 25% of its surface in the last twenty years and now spreads over 16.42 km².
Many mountain lakes can be found in Pyreica. Small in size but big in numbers, Pyreica owns the record for the highest lacustrine density with 3254 lakes !

Pyreica share a small part of Cassèl Lake with Kamandé while the dense forest in the West forms a natural barrier with Ujedinjeni Gvozd. This peculiar topography keeps the land quite isolated from the rest of the world and prevents enemies from breaking into the country.

0t5k.png
sjt0.png

pr34.png

Thanks to its fields and topography, Pyreica’s economy revolves around two main points : agriculture and tourism.
For centuries now, the country has welcomed people from all over the world, eager to tackle the highest mountains or chill in winter resorts.
Simultaneously, Pyreica is the home of many hot water sources, which propelled the country as the world’s leader in balneology. Ansèth, the capital, hosts the largest balneo center of the continent.

olqc.png

Pyreica is the home of 2,345,689 inhabitants (2019 estimation), spread over an area of 45 468 km². The highest density can be found near Cassèl Lake, making Esthanè and its suburb area the most populated city of the country with 354 478 inhabitants.

Languages
At the establishment of the country, Begorran and Pyrohóc were the official languages of Pyreica, both originating from Latin, with Begorran being mainly spoken in the eastern part of the country. Over the years, Pyrohóc spread its influence and assimilated Begorran, thus forming the current Pyreican language. We can still find vestiges of Begorran in the local dialects.
Due to the arrival of many French and Spanish speakers in the XIXth century, the government took a measure to protect Pyreican and insure it stayed the major language of the country.
A recent Yaponesian diaspora brought more diversity to the country's population and language.

Name
The name of the country comes from the Latin root of the word fire : pyr. When the first settlers came to the land, they were taken aback by the colors of the sky when the rays of sunset reached the snow-covered peaks. The red and orange hues gave Pyreica its title of the Land on Fire (Tierth ò Pyr).

Flag
Nature has always been one of the most important aspects of Pyreican culture and can be illustrated in the flag chosen by the people at the establishment of the new republic in 1912. Black, lime green, and white embody three fundamentals : rock (mountains), life (agriculture), and light. The representation of the sun in the middle is accompanied by the symbols of Air and Earth, two of the four elements that are essential to the balance of the land.

Sports
Pyreica excels in winter sports, especially in alpine skiing and snowboarding. In the 2018 Winter Olympics Games they brought home 14 medals, earning them a place in the Top 10 and the highest ratio of medals per inhabitant.
Since the eighties, Ice Hokey is the most popular sport in the country. The Men’s team won two World Cup in the last decade and never left the semi-final lineup in international championships since 2003.
Bare rugby sevens, summer sports aren’t as successful, unfortunately. In the last three editions of the Olympics they only won medals in swimming, cycling, and judo, but with the inclusion of climbing in the 2020 Olympics, they hope to break this poor streak.
This lack of results on the biggest stage doesn't prevent Pyreican from performing in less conventional sports. DH, trail running, canyoning, paragliding, mountaineering, and all outdoor activities are extremely popular.

p1ze.png

NSC.png

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Woah a new member. ::sol Solentoya sends a warm welcome to Pyreica. It's nice to see some details on the type of country you have.

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
Welcome Pyreica! xwelcome

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I did some lifting to the presentation : new banners, more info, personalized results table etc.

I changed the map so it can be in accordance with the NSC official one. It was difficult as I have a pretty clear idea of what my country should look like, but I found the land in the south of Galea between Kamandé, Rumia and Ujedinjeni Gvozd (if someone before me in the WL wants to claim it I can change it though).
Enjoy I guess :lol:

Uto

Veteran
I did some lifting to the presentation : new banners, more info, personalized results table etc.

I changed the map so it can be in accordance with the NSC official one. It was difficult as I have a pretty clear idea of what my country should look like, but I found the land in the south of Galea between Kamandé, Rumia and Ujedinjeni Gvozd (if someone before me in the WL wants to claim it I can change it though).
Enjoy I guess :lol:
Hadn't read any of it yet. Was cool, learned a new word even: balneology. Well done, looks good. Imagine I need to give mine a face lift some time as well.

dogmeat

Rumia welcomes their new neighbour. A diplomatic delegation approaches from the mountain pass, holding traditional welcome gifts of a bottle of vodka and a dog steak.

I like that you found a place in the world map and I like your country map, so I'll keep that spot reserved for you. And I'll try to remember to remove the trees from the center to get those fields you want.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Rumia welcomes their new neighbour. A diplomatic delegation approaches from the mountain pass, holding traditional welcome gifts of a bottle of vodka and a dog steak.

I like that you found a place in the world map and I like your country map, so I'll keep that spot reserved for you. And I'll try to remember to remove the trees from the center to get those fields you want.
As long as there is vodka Rumians are more than welcome in Pyreica's land xheart
Don't worry there is no need to remove them as there are still forests in the yellow area, I just didn't put trees because they're really small compared to the big one in the west ;)

tuorem

Yaaass! We will be so close to each other! xheart I booked the uncharted piece of territory east of Kamandé and Ujedinjeni Gvozd when I joined.

It's nice to be able to read more about Pyreica. The map is so cute, I'm jelly.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Yaaass! We will be so close to each other! xheart I booked the uncharted piece of territory east of Kamandé and Ujedinjeni Gvozd when I joined.

It's nice to be able to read more about Pyreica. The map is so cute, I'm jelly.
Yeah I know xheart It is even culturally accurate as with Kamandé we have three French-speaking countries !

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
a7fd.png

Banni-re-NF.pngg

xcheerWELCOME TO THE FIRST PYREICAN NF xcheer
We're (almost) past the 10 participations mark in WLSC, so the Pyreican delegation decided to hold their first-ever National Final to determine the next entry for WLSC #198. Four songs will be in competition, all of them with a strong electro-pop influence.
All countries willing to take part have to rate them /10. Half-marks are allowed. The song with the strongest average will be the winner.

1. Lea Sirk - V dvoje

2. Droog ft. Sirotkin - Oblako

3. Alihan Dze & Saryuna ft. Heyul - Mend Amar

4. MY - Polyarnaya Zvezda

Send your marks /10 by PM before whenever will be the next deadline

Thank you in advance for all of those who decide to take part xheart

giphy.gif

And for those who don't

#pleasevote
if you don't i'll send the bears after you
they can be aggressive

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The points as of now :

Everything can change xcheer

But now it's time to do a small assessment after 10 editions.

xs3m.png

Fun facts :
Nurdia either gives me 0 or really high points (2x12, 2x10, 1x8)
Tanoiro is the only country in both tops
It seems to be my most beloved country in NSC too (only time I didn't vote for it was #178)
Among those who participated in all 10 editions, the country I gave the fewer points to is Svobodnia (14) :( and the one who gives me the least is... Solentoya (2) :lol:

I'm sure what I wrote on this board isn't even proper English x

Top Bottom