Contact us

Pyreica | NSC 218 ❅ we're going to space

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Love you too xoxo

I set a DDL for the NF : you have until Thursday 4th June 23:59CEST to vote xcheer
If you're willing to participate, I would greatly appreciate it xlove

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
zobr.png

The deadline has passed ! We had 6 voters in total, so thank you again to Arkodrë, Tanoiro, Svobodnia, Moisantia, Griffin Empire and Utopolis ! xlove

om3w.png

It is with deep happiness that I present you the Pyreican representative for WLSC#198

Droog ft. Sirotkin - Oblako

xcheer

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
Pretty obvious that Mend Amar deserves a second chance at some point though. Might get 0 from Utopolis and Griffin, but will score points from various others.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Pretty obvious that Mend Amar deserves a second chance at some point though. Might get 0 from Utopolis and Griffin, but will score points from various others.
Yeah, this is totally what I had in mind. Not right away but in a few editions I will definitely send it.

theditz83

Veteran
Gutted my top 2 missed out, especially Mend Amar (that beat and hook are delicious!) but best of luck Edweis and great to see more people entering the NF sphere - it can really help when it comes to times where you are so torn between different songs ;)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Gosh sorry i missed your NF! I would have voted for sure.

But now it's time to do a small assessment after 10 editions.

xs3m.png

Fun facts :
Nurdia either gives me 0 or really high points (2x12, 2x10, 1x8)
Tanoiro is the only country in both tops
It seems to be my most beloved country in NSC too (only time I didn't vote for it was #178)

Thank you for the 38points. xbow

and the one who gives me the least is... Solentoya (2) :lol:

Tctc.gif

mm, ok. I feel bad. :lol: Sorry. XD

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Le jour de gloire est arrivé

Thank you once again for those who voted for Pyreica in WLSC, and for those who didn't but still participated in the NF. It's thanks to you this song was elected and won the whole thing. Like I already said, I expected at best a low left scoreboard, especially after the disastrous debut in the results show, so the victory is even more enjoyable.

The #199 entry will stay a secret for now. During lockdown, I promised to myself I would send it one day, and me hosting is the perfect opportunity for that. Some of you already know, but I'm happier with the fact I get to host the next edition rather than the victory in itself :lol:

Hint : it will go straight to your soul. You ain't ready.

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Lik
e I already said, I expected at best a low left scoreboard, especially after the disastrous debut in the results show, so the victory is even more enjoyable​

The voting order was actually the order that the votes came in (apart from Utopolis, I moved him to the end for dramatic effect and to have a play-off between the top 3 ;)) Seemed to work pretty well in terms of excitement xup

Congrats again on the victory - the song was nice, not my personal taste but I can understand why it got such support! Looking forward to a life-changing show in Pyreica next edition xheat

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The voting order was actually the order that the votes came in (apart from Utopolis, I moved him to the end for dramatic effect and to have a play-off between the top 3 ;)) Seemed to work pretty well in terms of excitement xup

Congrats again on the victory - the song was nice, not my personal taste but I can understand why it got such support! Looking forward to a life-changing show in Pyreica next edition xheat

Indeed it's more interesting this way :lol: But then if we want dramatic effects each edition we should look really closely to the votes and change the order of our result show, which is not really easy to do when you don't do all the pictures in one go. When I hosted the spin-off I was lucky because the order in which people voted was inherently interesting.

I hope you'll enjoy the show as much as I loved doing it xlove

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
You made me feel very important for like two minutes. Always nice to know you are about to make someones day.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Hi, there was a question that wouldn't leave my mind yesterday night : which shade of green do you see on the flag ? On my computer it's lime green, as I intended it to be, but on my phone it's a nasty neon.
The thing is, it doesn't do the same to the other colors, so is my own device sabotaging my country or do you have the same problem ? Wouldn't want you to get the wrong idea of Pyreica's colors.

Last edited:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Lime green xthink (i'm on PC)

edit: you're right, it's more intense looking on mobile for some reason, strange

Uto

Veteran
Hi, there was a question that wouldn't live my mind yesterday night : which shade of green do you see on the flag ? On my computer it's lime green, as I intended it to be, but on my phone it's a nasty neon.

I think the colours are the same, but the effect you describe is demonstrable, it's the same for me and Gera. I think your phone probably is set to very high brightness, whereas your computer screen is not. This is because a phone often has to be used outside as well where the sunlight can be extremely dominant. Your computer does not have that issue. This difference could probably explain why the colour seems extremely bright when viewed on a phone. This is then exacerbated by the fact that the colour is flanked by pure black and white, colours that amplify the effect of brightness. Not sure if this is correct, but it seems plausible.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I think the colours are the same, but the effect you describe is demonstrable, it's the same for me and Gera. I think your phone probably is set to very high brightness, whereas your computer screen is not. This is because a phone often has to be used outside as well where the sunlight can be extremely dominant. Your computer does not have that issue. This difference could probably explain why the colour seems extremely bright when viewed on a phone. This is then exacerbated by the fact that the colour is flanked by pure black and white, colours that amplify the effect of brightness. Not sure if this is correct, but it seems plausible.
My phone is set on very low brightness :LOL: But yeah maybe the phone's screen properties in themselves are to blame.

Uto

Veteran
My phone is set on very low brightness :LOL: But yeah maybe the phone's screen properties in themselves are to blame.
Ok, well I checked with my own phone (keeping it next to the screen). On full brightness it is notably lighter, on low brightness it is notably darker. The hue is still the same throughout (ie on similar brightness the colours are indistinguishable). So for me the brightness of the phone is the correct conclusion. Might be that it is different for you.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
After an exhausting but worthwhile hosting where our entry, aka this legendary hit that is the Pokemon opening, ended up 19th, it was time to turn the table and go full alternative.

And what better for a futuristic edition than a futuristic entry ? Let's welcome TWRP, an intergalactic synth pop electro-funk band, with their even more intergalactic synth pop hit : Starlight Brigade !

Top Bottom