Post Eurovision Discussion

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeus

The song is also about body positivity, right? Or at least it's something she mentioned a lot. So, why should there be 4 skinny girls with great dancemoves around here? To me, it would be logical to see just her on stage. And if she doesn't dance that much, who cares. It's not a dance show.

The song is also about body positivity, right? Or at least it's something she mentioned a lot. So, why should there be 4 skinny girls with great dancemoves around here? To me, it would be logical to see just her on stage. And if she doesn't dance that much, who cares. It's not a dance show.

I agree! If she went for a darker bolder look and less conventional (in terms of ESC) performance, her song and statement would seem more credible and better rewarded in televote.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
I don't think that she needed dancers at all. Additionally, the LED screen was so much more effective, plus as mentioned her dress suited her better. All in all everything was better, I think!

Her dress at ESC suited her AND the song much better imo

Maybe you all still think she's a little girl and can't be styled in a sexy way + show more skin??? she is a woman now xheart

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Thankfully only Australia has used live-on-tape, all of them dont even look professional and some of them just horrible. Such a big work has done since then and we can compare how big budget and professional actual big eurovision stage is.
(Actually i start to think Australia could qualify even looking how much the Rotterdam stage elevated all the performances)

Her dress at ESC suited her AND the song much better imo

Maybe you all still think she's a little girl and can't be styled in a sexy way + show more skin??? she is a woman now xheart

I don't get this hahahaaha. The live on tape outfit is much sexier and grown up than that ESC sequence dress my niece has. 😁

Etanna

I enjoyed this Eurovision Song Celebration, it was fun to see how much the performances evolved.

Some of the live-on-tapes actually looked better in my opinion - namely Azerbaijan, Moldova, Israel, Russia and Serbia. Some of them had a more interesting and exciting staging, others felt less messy and more compact than the final versions.

Malta was probably also better even though the background and the camera takes made it look a bit amateurish/unexciting in certain parts.

I was surprised to see that Ukraine had already had the staging concept ready back in February, for some reason I thought that the performance would look very different.

And if I remember correctly, there were some rumours that Greece looked shockingly good according to the Executive Supervisor or somebody like that and that Switzerland messed up their live-on-tape but I can't agree with either rumour. Switzerland looked and sounded fine to me. Greece looked alright, too, but not astounding in my opinion.

Happy none of these LOTs were used in the end as the standard of filming / directing was very very very poor.

Putting all the contestants in some small and dark space with 1000 of wires and techical equipemnt all over the screen, what an idea! 🙄

Iceland didn't use the same LOT for the GF as well.

ekzuu

I don't think Italy would have won with live-on-tape, it didn't come alive in this small studio
Closer to non-qualification would have been Israel, Azerbaijan, Portugal, Greece, San Marino I think. San Marino was a trainwreck...

Serbia was fabulous, it had energy and it was creative, Albania was good. Poland was perhaps the biggest glow up, the staging was more organized and vocals were better. Moldova was more natural too. Outfits of Switzerland, Malta, Latvia were much worse so it's good they changed them in Rotterdam.
Overall there's not much to say, Rotterdam performances were better for almost all and live-on-tapes were poorer so I'm glad we had the live performances, but it was nice to see the alternatives!!! I wish UK and Ireland had shown some solidarity also and it would have been interesting to know what they did but it's their decision I guess.

esc87fan

The Swiss team said they weren't happy with the backup recording, but I agree that everything sounded just fine - Gjon's vocals were absolutely on point. Notice how Gjon eventually ended up wearing the outfit in the recording to the opening ceremony, but with pants in a different color

GWTW1939

I don't think Italy would have won with live-on-tape, it didn't come alive in this small studio
Closer to non-qualification would have been Israel, Azerbaijan, Portugal, Greece, San Marino I think. San Marino was a trainwreck...

Serbia was fabulous, it had energy and it was creative, Albania was good. Poland was perhaps the biggest glow up, the staging was more organized and vocals were better. Moldova was more natural too. Outfits of Switzerland, Malta, Latvia were much worse so it's good they changed them in Rotterdam.
Overall there's not much to say, Rotterdam performances were better for almost all and live-on-tapes were poorer so I'm glad we had the live performances, but it was nice to see the alternatives!!! I wish UK and Ireland had shown some solidarity also and it would have been interesting to know what they did but it's their decision I guess.
The UK and Ireland did show solidarity though. By banning together and being total kill joys :giggle:

ekzuu

San Marino was a trainwreck????

did we watch the same show :LOL:
Lol what was this live-on-tape? You prefer it? I'm sorry in my opinion it was bad, very amateurish and yeah just wtf, these dancers looked just weird, what was this styling??? They were like people from fan recap I'm sorry I can't call this good or professional or whatever nice thing. It would suit to some other competition but not ESC potential performance imo. It looked like they didn't put much effort in there.

abenteuer

Although I only watched the performances I cared about I have to say thank GOD we got a "real" Eurovision. A lot of these videos were tragic.

I must say though I had a good laugh at the beginning of Serbia's video. The boxes were clearly too small for the two blondes on the side and they had to do their sexy moves all hunched over.

NemesisNick

I watched Eurovision Song Celebration Part Two on YouTube this evening. This showed all the "live-on-tape" performances of the songs that were in last week's ESC Grand Final, except the United Kingdom. The show ended with a fan recap, thankfully there was a snippet of "Embers" at the end (last song clip of all) there.

There were a few notable differences between the "live-on-tape" performances and the Rotterdam performances:
  • Russia: Manizha had a different costume at the start in the "live-on-tape" performance to Rotterdam.
  • Greece: they didn't have the towers on the background screens, unlike Rotterdam.
  • Iceland: they didn't have a background screen with a star simulation and 1980s computer game like characters on, nor a sea of faces in 1980s quality computer graphics, unlike Rotterdam. N.B. Iceland used a rehearsal performance in their semi-final and the Grand Final, they didn't perform live during the shows.

All in all, a good evening's entertainment, an extra bonus one week after the ESC 2021 Grand Final. It's a pity they didn't show the "live-on-tape" performance of the UK's entry "Embers". I for one would have liked to have seen it (so I could have seen how the staging compared to last Saturday's performance in Rotterdam), and no doubt some from other countries might have liked to have seen it.

mauve

Veteran
I was mostly disappointed by the videos, most of the live performances were a lot better fortunately. Concerning the semi, mostly Poland had the best video, I think, and in the GF - even though I don't like Destiny's song - she had simply a video that way more outstanding than in the GF. Some of the video's are a bit amateurish and messy, so I am happy we had a real ESC this year.

musicfan

Having looked at the on tape performances the only songs I really don't get anything out of still may be those from the following broadcasters

Estonia
France
Italy
Netherlands
Sweden
Russia

Grinch

We all should pray to the Eurovision Gods that no one had to use their LOTs because WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY?

I guess only Moldova, Poland and Malta were better. Although Destiny's outfit was horrible again. Someone give that poor girl something good to wear.

"The Dress" of Russia was really bad and the actual backdrop was so much better.
Eden's outfit and hair was great.
San Marino looked like a joke or something. Those dancers omg...
Serbia looked proper but the energy of the Eurovision stage kinda lacked, it didn't look good in a small, closed room. But still better than most.
Damiano's dreadful shiny trousers will hunt me for days.
Greece was bad either way.

musicfan

We all should pray to the Eurovision Gods that no one had to use their LOTs because WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY?

I guess only Moldova, Poland and Malta were better. Although Destiny's outfit was horrible again. Someone give that poor girl something good to wear.

"The Dress" of Russia was really bad and the actual backdrop was so much better.
Eden's outfit and hair was great.
San Marino looked like a joke or something. Those dancers omg...
Serbia looked proper but the energy of the Eurovision stage kinda lacked, it didn't look good in a small, closed room. But still better than most.
Damiano's dreadful shiny trousers will hunt me for days.
Greece was bad either way.
I though the Serbian song actually looked and sounded better.

The Greek song is good and she's a good singer too.

Top Bottom