Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

midnightsun

Veteran
Sooo did Malta get screwed by the EBU when it comes to the running order after all? She actually did well in the Semi televoting.
They screwed themselves with aggressive advertising and bad staging. Plus, many of the high points come from countries where you‘d expect it from (Sweden, Australia...)... they wanted to push it to the top but failed. And probably made poor Destiny feeling she could win this, I was so sorry for her. After pandering her so much came the hard fall.

GermanBango

Basically two years in a row Estonia represented by dream team so they have influence this year at least
I think it`s not even Kirkorovs doing - Our commentator said that the lyrics of the song were written by a Russian oligarch.

ag89

I think it's time to put big favourites to perform early because obviously running order does affect result to certain extent. I am not for random order, but I am for more transparency.

NeoTen

Can please someone explain to me how Romania finished with that messy staging and HORRIBLE live vocals before Slovenia, Croatia and North Macedonia?
How is it possible that N. Macedonia was dead last in the jury voting? Aren't they supposed to appreaciate the vocals? Seriously guys, these juries suck big time.
And one more thing - Slovenia did not give one single point to Israel. Israel is very unpopular in Slovenia cuz of Palestine.

The juries of Malta and Romania gave each other 12 points across all jurors in the semis. Yes, there you go. The answer could be plain corruption. ooohhhh.

Daybreak

Basically two years in a row Estonia represented by dream team so they have influence this year at least
It's just Uku I think, he's been on the Voice Russia and has connections there so of course his song would be written by them.

JensJohan

I feel a little sad about the discrepancy of jury votes and televote.

Juries still haven’t prevented neighbour voting like they should - instead a lot of neighbour voting themselves.

They should not have the same power as the televote!

Also, juries are easier to manipulate than televote.

Shout out to the juries who still gave 10 or 12 points to their opponent's country!
I think some discepancies can be understood. I would assume that a jury try to look beyond the buzz and cheap showmanship, and instead look more at the artistic quality. What impresses a professional might be different from what public prefers. It didn't surprise me that Switzerland and France did well with the jury, but Finland did not. However, if that were the case the juries would probably agree more.

Etanna

I cant believe Czech televoters gave 12 points to Moldova. This is manipulated af.

I guess part of the contributions to Moldova come from diaspora Romanians. And many Moldovans travel the EU with Romanian passports as well, but they are small diaspora.
It's very fishy, people don't like this type of music here.

NeoTen

Final, opinions?

Last edited:

Lance Esgard

Kirkorov singled out Greece for their support of Sugar in the press conference after qualifying and Greece gave Moldova 12 points from both the televote and the jury (the other being Bulgaria) so he got right that support was coming from there.

• Like It
Reactions: Jim

cegs5

How on earth Moldova got 12 points on televoting in 8 countries in their Semifinal? France, Estonia, Latvia, Czechia, Serbia, San Marino, Greece, Portugal. Basically half of the countries voting in that semi ... o_O

crashworld

Veteran
The results told us that this year is actually not a strong year. They are a few notable strong entries and the rest are just fillers. The points are not evenly spread out. The disparity is so huge.

Top Bottom