Post Eurovision Discussion

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrewulf238

Okay but I wonder how 4 automatic qualifiers getting such low points will influence the big 5 rule

To be fair doesn't four automatic qualifiers getting 0 points in the televote get somewhat canceled out by the fact that Italy, another automatic qualifier won the televote very comfortably and France another automatic qualifier also received over 200 points from the televote?

I think it just comes down to those four countries not being liked enough to make it into the top 10 for any country. To even get 1 single point you have to come 10th in the televote out of 25 countries. The UK could have come 11th in the televote for every country and it wouldn't have meant anything.

Daybreak

Can we have a moment to celebrate that half of the top 10 was made up of non-English songs? :love:

Ezio

Veteran
Bulgaria and Moldova juries switching 12 points also smells like Kirkorov‘s money.
Absolutely. This douchebag needs to be banned from Eurovision and stroke his ego somewhere else. Moldova should take a timeout for a year as well.

NeoTen

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Can we have a moment to celebrate that half of the top 10 was made up of non-English songs? :love:

Including the top 3, An actual victory for non-english music. It's remarkable to see. I hope this encourages more non-english songs in the future.

NeoTen

midnightsun

Veteran
I feel a little sad about the discrepancy of jury votes and televote.

Juries still haven’t prevented neighbour voting like they should - instead a lot of neighbour voting themselves.

They should not have the same power as the televote!

Also, juries are easier to manipulate than televote.

Shout out to the juries who still gave 10 or 12 points to their opponent's country!

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
I enjoyed the ESC Grand Final as usual. Well done, Rotterdam and :nl: The Netherlands! xcheer

My personal favourites tonight were, in order:

1. :az: Azerbaijan. Best song and performance of them all. Shockingly underrated if you ask me.
2. :sm: San Marino. Another great song and performance, again very underrated.
3. :al: Albania. Great and again very underrated (why does this always happen with Albania?)
4. :gr: Greece. Great song and performance, timeless appeal I think. Also underrated.
5. :cy: Cyprus. Another great song and performance. Why are these great songs underrated?

I find it very strange that songs like Azerbaijan and San Marino in particular got so few televotes.
I would have thought they would have had mass appeal with a professional, modern performance.

Instead songs like :fr::ch::is: had mass appeal among both juries and televoters, while I would have
thought the first 2 were jury-style songs primarily and the 3rd song televote popular primarily.

Obviously I am very unhappy with the general results this year, but it has really been years since my
favourites have dominated ESC result wise (happened much more in ESC 2003 - 2013).

And then we have :it: Italy.

It's a punk-rock style song with no discernable melody where the verses flow into what sounds like more
verses but which in fact are meant to be a kind of chorus. There's power in the song, power-riffs and it is
a song performed by a band whose style looks better fitted to a rock festival somewhere in Europe.. and
this very atypical ESC song suddenly sweeps the televotes and wins the whole thing. Obviously Europe
wanted to be rocked this time and could be a lot of younger people voted for them because they found it
cool, different and the entry stood out from most of the other songs.

What do I think about the song? Well, I am sure what I wrote above gives an indication. I like some rock
and some Metal but it needs to feel melodic to my ears, otherwise it just becomes noise. So let's just say
I had Italy very far down my personal ranking list..

Even so, congrats to Italy! xup It is a great music nation and for them to have success in ESC ensures they
will keep interest and stay in the contest over time.

As for :no: Norway, I have mentioned before that it was not really my style, but I am glad TIX got some points at
least and avoided the bottom 5.

Look forward to next year's contest in Italy, ESC is always fun regardless of result! xcheer

PS. I pity :uk: UK somewhat, getting 0 points from both juries and televotes must hurt. But as the British ESC-fans have
pointed out for years, UK mostly considers ESC a joke and never put much effort into their entries (usually very average
singers with very average entries) and the quite poor results over the last decade or so is a result of this I believe. Enter
a quality song by a quality artist and UK will do much better in ESC (Europe is not against them as some Brits believe).

Carian

Can please someone explain to me how Romania finished with that messy staging and HORRIBLE live vocals before Slovenia, Croatia and North Macedonia?
How is it possible that N. Macedonia was dead last in the jury voting? Aren't they supposed to appreaciate the vocals? Seriously guys, these juries suck big time.
And one more thing - Slovenia did not give one single point to Israel. Israel is very unpopular in Slovenia cuz of Palestine.

alyrin

Moldova only got points from dreamteam countries: Russia, Bulgaria, Greece, Azerbaijan, Estonia. Ridiculous
oh god please don't refer to estonia as a ''dreamteam'' country i hate it so much
also, everyone here disliked moldova so i have no idea where those points came from ddd

Himan

There were a lot of countries who didn't vote for their neighbors by definition in the juries. Especially some of the balkan countries start to be more fair now, while the central European countries already vote fairly in the juries I think. Better than the nordics often.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
oh god please don't refer to estonia as a ''dreamteam'' country i hate it so much
also, everyone here disliked moldova so i have no idea where those points came from ddd
Basically two years in a row Estonia represented by dream team so they have influence this year at least

Top Bottom