Post Eurovision Discussion

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

Carian

It probably won't happen. But I hated that voting system announcement as well. It's confusing and takes away all the merits from televote winners.
Not only it takes away all the merits from televote winners, it also hides the big gap between the jury winners and televote winners. I wasn't aware that Norway - Keino won the televote, until I read it here in the forum.... I am saying all the time - this new system gives too much power to juries. Televoting winners cannot win anymore.

crashworld

Veteran
In today's dress rehearsal, they even rehearsed the zero pointers and the cam was on the "act" (stand-ins in this case). I was not a fan.

Oh dear. That's not nice. I hope no one gets zero points. I can still remember the horrific and sad looks on Lake Malawi and Michela just because they got low televotes. I know it's good entertainment but not at the expense of the artists.

NeoTen

I forgot one country, ohh. France has all good hints of a stable winning entry. The country is liked, charting everywhere around Europe good enough (Portugal didn't 12 points everywhere, it just needed to do well enough in the east), OGAE isn't cursing it. SO I'm guessing it is between :fr: and :ua: . IF this happens it would really be because Blind Channel "stole" some of Italy's vote.

Fierro

I rewatched 2016-2018 shows and my opinion is that new way of presenting points (2019+) is more fun. Before that it was too predictable already during top-10. Also it takes away the fear of your country being named when they announce the bottom.

mauve

Veteran
Well, my brother agreed to watch the Final with me today. He isn't so much into ESC, but we will enjoy it very much. Hm. Means that I will have to share my Irish Cream with him? :unsure: Anyway, I will focus on the show tonight and won't post regulary, so everyone, have fun and good luck to everyone! :)

GermanBango

One part of me is hoping for a nail biter when it comes to the voting ... the other part however knows that I would probably die a thousand deaths :lol:

aef

Yesterday I had to cancel my plans for watching Eurovision with my flatmats and partying due to my 14 year old dog (at my parents place) being in being in very poor health and not eating and really standing up on herself for two days. Now I'm super happy that she obviously feeling better again, eating again and having a small walk with me in the garden. xlove I wish for one last summer with her maybe.

So I'm quite happy about that today and of course I'm super excited and curious for the big Eurovision night!!!

I'm expecting a close result somehow, with the top 5 being very mixed up between juries and televoters. I really don't know what to expect and that's always the best pre-Eurovision mood of course!

:ch: and :it: are still the most realistic winners for me. I also wouldn't count out :lt: in such a strict way like everybody is doing right now, they have a shot for a very decent result with both juries and televoters!

I think I will vote a lot for :lt: (a lot), :it: (some votes) and :ch: (maybe once or twice, I guess they don't need it that much)!

NeoTen

Not only it takes away all the merits from televote winners, it also hides the big gap between the jury winners and televote winners. I wasn't aware that Norway - Keino won the televote, until I read it here in the forum.... I am saying all the time - this new system gives too much power to juries. Televoting winners cannot win anymore.

So they changed the whole format of announcing the votes so that the "prof juries" (mostly a group of nepotistic producers, DJs and hosts apart from the few good singers) can make it more fairly. We come to Cyprus in Tel-Aviv. The whole audience screams "GREECEEE!!!" ....you know this isn't a pure & fair contest. Anyone getting mad isn't taking care of their heart.

hawadharma

something to cheer your mood while waiting

hail kween elvana

aef

Oh no, I absolutely hated that in 2019.

This new way of presenting the results is really dumb anyway, I only paid attention when it was the turn of a country I was interested in. The suspense was much lower than when you don't know when your favourite act will be called...

The new voting system has some pros and many cons in my opinion.

It's exciting in a different way, leaving room for more possibilities of course. But countries with low jury rankings and surprisingly high televoting results simply lose their moment, like :no: in 2019. In general as you said it's hard to follow the whole televoting revealing process, you really have to concentrate to see who's in the televoters top 10 or top 5. Maybe for today when we get a very close result it's also killing the suspense for the very last countries.

lacrymea

Well, my brother agreed to watch the Final with me today. He isn't so much into ESC, but we will enjoy it very much. Hm. Means that I will have to share my Irish Cream with him? :unsure: Anyway, I will focus on the show tonight and won't post regulary, so everyone, have fun and good luck to everyone! :)
My partner agreed I can ignore him for 5 hours and watch it online. I can tune in on TV only to find out the voting numbers.

It's an agreement, I guess. 😁

Ezio

Veteran
ORF Countdown / Big 5 and Top 5 Ranking

#10 Germany
#9 Spain
#8 Ukraine
#7 UK
#6 Netherlands
#5 France
#4 Switzerland
#3 Malta