Post Eurovision Discussion

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

spinachpie

Yeah, he wasn't even the public #1 yet we are constantly fed the illusion that he was the most popular ESC winner of the last decades xshrug

But yes, the guy is good looking, and while I never really liked that entry I still think the juries did one thing right and save us from that kitschy Popera that would have won... also Måns' entry did manage to cross-over a bit after the contest, which is rare for ESC winners (or ESC entries in general) let's be real, but still I am tired of him always being there and again it just proves that the contest is under Swedish control xshrug

I didn't like Heroes at first, but over the years I started to enjoy it a lot. Now I'm starting to dislike it, purely because we seem to have to see him every time Eurovision is mentioned :cry:

That kitschy popera was totally my thing though :D

A-lister

Veteran
I have to agree a lot to that but i have realized that it is an unpopular opinion!

Yeah, i've noticed alot of fans love that year, I mean there are some gems there and I like all entries in my top. 10 (to some extent at least), but that's about it and alot of horrors in that year too.

lasse braun

LOL everyone in 2015 top3 was way too overrated. Mans by juries, Il Volvo by public and Polina by both.
fourth place better. :cool:

Loindici

Veteran
The year of "overrated acts" :lol:

Also a quite bad year imho xshrug

2015 might be too acoustic-oriented and too 'light' for my taste. The songs are somehow clean and polished but it's like nothing much is interesting. It might also be because of how anglicized it is.

I have to agree a lot to that but i have realized that it is an unpopular opinion!

Not really, I'd admit it's a meh year after several considerations. I don't have too much songs to love that year. :lol:

Last edited:

goncalovieira

And about today... We will make noise for sure!! Still incredible how this song did not had the chance to be presented live in Rotterdam.

Luffy

Can't you guys lay off the back of France and Malta for trying really hard please ?

Malta didn't do really well for 16 years, France for 30 years. They are part or the getting smaller and smaller group of countries who never passed the 200 points mark with televoting. France record stands at 151...

Is it really that bad that they are trying and paying for ads the year they have good songs ?

Daybreak

I remember when Malta finished second or so several times and people were saying that they'll likely win soon... and that was when I was a kid around the early 2000s. So I can understand that.

haha, 2015 was the year that completely changed the way I view Eurovision and made me take it genuinely seriously for the first time since childhood. Although the top finishers were definitely not my favorites.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
2021 Grand Final Personal Prediction List
Let us see if these things will happen in Eurovision 2021!

Jury-related
  1. 12p exchange between 🇬🇷 🇨🇾
  2. 12p exchange between 🇷🇺 🇦🇿
  3. 12p to 🇦🇱 or 🇮🇹 from 🇲🇰
  4. 12p to 🇸🇪 from 🇦🇺
  5. 12p to 🇸🇪 from 🇫🇮
  6. 12p to 🇷🇺 from 🇦🇿
  7. 12p to 🇮🇹 from 🇦🇱
  8. 12p to 🇲🇩 or 🇬🇷 by 🇷🇺
  9. 12p to a ballad by 🇨🇭
  10. 12p to the winner by 🇫🇷
  11. 12p to a male singer by 🇪🇪
  12. 8/10/12p to 🇧🇬 by 🇲🇰
  13. 🇸🇪 with most 12p
  14. 🇺🇦 getting points from 🇷🇺 (refer to 2018)
  15. At least 1 prequalifier in the bottom 5
  16. 🇪🇸 🇬🇧 or 🇦🇱 getting jury love
  17. One of 🇨🇭 🇲🇹 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 topping the jury vote
  18. Jury winner exceeding 300 points
  19. Jury winner exceeding 200 points
  20. 10th by jury getting at least 100 points
  21. '0 Jury points'
  22. Landslide distribution
  23. Flatland distribution
  24. At least one dark horse
  25. At least one flopper

Televote-related
  1. One of 🇺🇦 🇫🇷 🇮🇹 🇫🇮 topping the televote
  2. Either 🇷🇺 🇸🇲 🇮🇸 🇨🇭 🇲🇹 🇬🇷 🇱🇹 in top 10 televote
  3. 🇩🇪 🇳🇱 bombing televote
  4. 🇬🇧 succeeding hard or bombing hard in televote
  5. 🇸🇪 getting the legendary third-degree burn
  6. '0 Televote points'
  7. Televote winner exceeding 300 points
  8. Televote winner exceeding 200 points
  9. 10th by televote getting at least 100 points
  10. Landslide distribution
  11. Flatland distribution
  12. At least one dark horse
  13. At least one flopper

Show-related
  1. Jan being the most awkward host of the night
  2. Another boring interval act
  3. A mess of a trophy handover since Duncan wasn't there
  4. Nikkie's segment with that totally harsh Dutch humor
  5. The Rooftop Winners interval being a (delightful) mess
  6. Totally awkward interactions on the point delivery session
  7. Somebody cracking their voice during performing
  8. Natalia's legendary AAAAAAAA becoming a meme
  9. Gjon still doing his swag hands
  10. Destiny changing to Dora wig
  11. Stef's green screen shadows
  12. The cringe towards Jendrik's radio-style speech
  13. Blind Channel putting a middle finger on international TV
Add more or remove some if you want

Last edited:

Gitte

I love 2015. The best year of the years I have watched in-depth. I watched a recap of it yesterday and I can't remember a song I seriously disliked except perhaps the UK. But hey, I am an anglicized western european ballad lover...

Carian

So, based on your comments from yesterday, guys, I assume that Moldova won the jury vote xhmmm xpray :lol:

Joke aside, my prediction is that Italy will win (though I really dislike the song), Finland will win the televote (cuz people will interpret their middle-finger as an anti-quaranteen gesture, but juries will destory them for the very same reason), France will be 10-15, Malta will be 5-10, Serbia will be top 5, Swiss guy will be top 10, but certainly not a winner. His bad fashion choice totally hampered his chances to win - and I am not jocking about this.

Greek add and Cypriot Devil-worshipping song will be 10-20. Finally, host's ode to vegetables will end up last.

Amen. Twice out. Enjoy la soiree.

Carian

Oh, and about Manssss.

Anyone who justifies his repeated presence on every ESC since his win with his good looks, let me say only that his beauty is actually a turn-off for me. Based on my rich experience, too good looking guys suck horribly in bed as they think that the other person in bed with them will reach climax from looking at them.

@Citelis - kardoulaki mou, please, leave Polina alone. She was not overestimated - that lady is not only incredibly beautiful, but she can actually sing. Look up her appearances in the Chinese show The Singer. Man, she is an artist.

NemesisNick

Today is Saturday 22 May 2021. The Eurovision Song Contest 2021 Grand Final takes place at the Ahoy, Rotterdam, Netherlands tonight, starting at 20:00 BST. The 26 countries taking part tonight, in order of performance, will be:

Cyprus, Albania, Israel, Belgium, Russia, Malta, Portugal, Serbia, United Kingdom, Greece, Switzerland, Iceland, Spain, Moldova, Germany, Finland, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Ukraine, France, Azerbaijan, Norway, The Netherlands, Italy, Sweden, San Marino.

Of course, as a UK citizen, I would like James Newman to win tonight with the UK's entry "Embers", especially as it's now 24 years since the UK last won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1997. However if bookies' odds are anything to go by, the two countries most likely to win tonight are Italy, with Måneskin - "Zitti e buoni", or France, with Barbara Pravi - "Voilà". Both countries have had a long time since their last win; Italy last won in 1990 (31 years ago) and France last won in 1977 (44 years ago). Still, bookies' odds aren't the be all and end all; anything could happen tonight.

There are a few songs I wish hadn't qualified for the Grand Final. I still would have preferred two out of Australia, Croatia and North Macedonia to have qualified instead of Russia and Belgium on Tuesday evening, and Denmark to have qualified in place of Moldova on Thursday evening, but it's no good moaning about that now. I can't expect to have all the songs I like in both semi-finals reach the Grand Final, and have all the songs I dislike weeded out in the semi-finals. On Tuesday evening I was convinced Russia would be in the Grand Final.

Anyway good luck to all 26 finalists in Rotterdam tonight. May the best song win.

Last edited:

popavapeur

I hope San Marino smash the televote, it is low key the best up tempo song this year. It's just fancy and stupid, it does things with all seriousness but they don't forget to be that stupid pop song.

I think Ukraine and Finland will have good televote results too, just hoping San Marino will be up there too.

IT'S EUROVISION GRAND FINAAAAAAAL DAY omaga

Ezio

Veteran

2015 was a great year, their is an abundance of sincerity and emoshen, except for the winner

greece and Cyprus 2015 I will treasure forever, also Poland, Czechia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Latvia, Belgium, Espain, Portugal, almost everyone.

i didn’t like Hungary, Armenia and Azerbaijan that year.

Top Bottom