Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

lasse braun

PP-SF1-results.png
Press poll of Sf1 rehearsal
only 2 points between the first 5!
that's not so much - all still open and copycat will be eaten up by the jurydog.xdiablo

Evangeline

I've been so disgusted about all the insults Destiny has received all over social media. People are so pressed that a song they don't like is predicted to do well that they take any opportunity to be vile, attack her weight, her morals, and I bet there's some unconscious racism going on. Just because Destiny is an amazing singer and can handle technical difficulties well, doesn't mean that she shouldn't have had the same chance for a redo as the other contestants who experienced technical difficulties. People call for sympathy for Roxen because she's young and unexperienced, but forget that Destiny is an 18-year-old girl (although with plenty experience). EBU needs to up their press game. Rafaw was left unmonitored with his online chat with fans and read some toxic things out loud from the chat. Not his fault per se, but EBU does not seem to understand or see the impact of the press on the well-being of its contestants and viewers and it's frustrating.

Loindici

Veteran
I've been so disgusted about all the insults Destiny has received all over social media. People are so pressed that a song they don't like is predicted to do well that they take any opportunity to be vile, attack her weight, her morals, and I bet there's some unconscious racism going on. Just because Destiny is an amazing singer and can handle technical difficulties well, doesn't mean that she shouldn't have had the same chance for a redo as the other contestants who experienced technical difficulties. People call for sympathy for Roxen because she's young and unexperienced, but forget that Destiny is an 18-year-old girl (although with plenty experience). EBU needs to up their press game. Rafaw was left unmonitored with his online chat with fans and read some toxic things out loud from the chat. Not his fault per se, but EBU does not seem to understand or see the impact of the press on the well-being of its contestants and viewers and it's frustrating.

In case of Destiny, I think it's the over-ambitious nature of the Maltese delegation that worsens the case. Even if Destiny doesn't have much say at anything, whatever plans and tactics the Maltese delegation used, she'll be an easy target since she's the face of the group.

tararaaam

You are literally talking for the people that do more and more to create drama and show sad/dissapointed faces in televoting. This melo-transformation gradually ruins it all. In a few years, I bet they will also ask the country that scored 0 points on how they feel etc. They simply dont care about artists; on the contrary, some more drama feeds the popularity. I really hope, for the best of the competition, that the next winning countries will try to push a milder agenda.

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member

First post updated anticipating DAY 11 featuring 3rd Dress Rehearsal alias Family Show (Afternoon) + FIRST SEMI-FINAL L I V E TONIGHT where European Public will be casting their scores for all songs participating thus deciding first 10 countries performing in the GRAND FINAL this Saturday!! xcheer

Our wonderful escunited.com correspondents including @Matt LIVE from 🇳🇱 Rotterdam AHOY Arena are on-air for PRE SHOW starting @8 PM CEST:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

PRE SHOW

FIRST SEMI-FINAL LIVE

DAY 11 SCHEDULE
Rehrehe-11.png

Jopi

I ONLY got Destiny's ads. As if they know I don't like the song and try to win me over. That's kind of frustrating. Why can't I get Maneskin ads? Especially before bedtime?
Hahah yees! Exactly what I’m thinking. As if they know I don’t like the song so they keep torturing me😂 like every day... a few times per day..

Carian

I read your posts from the last evening here, guys, and I must say that in a way I am proud of all of you. This year, it seems to me that generally the conversation is much more decent, polite, and tolerant than it was in previous years. I really like that there are people here calling out others if someone is too nasty, but I am even more plesantly suprised that people also apologize if their words came across in a way they had not intended to say them. I guess, there is a hope for us.
However, I'd like to add just one small observation in response to #midnightsun who said that "cancel culture must exist". I think that cancel culture is bad and does not do us any service. It is disrespectuful and shuts down conversation which is necessary when people obviously should and must communicate to overcome differences in opinion. How can one grow and become better if you cancel him? If you deny him/her to express his opinion? If you take away to yourself the possibility to show him/her where he/she errs? Besides, I believe that every person is in its essence still good (with very few exceptions), even if his/her worldviews are sometimes strange or not in tune with my views. Basically, people have to talk to solve problems and overcome differences and for this very reason I am so proud of you all, how you talked and sorted out the things yesterday. I just hope that this positivism stays here and I wish that also other ESC public forums were more like ESCUnited, cuz honestly, I do believe that certain ESC-fan websites are toxic and add to this toxicity that no-one likes in the end. But you know how it works... Clicks matter, so some websites invent scandals where there are none. Guys, enjoy the evening and hold your fingers for your favorites. HAVE FUN - finally, the ESC is about having fun, isn't it?
PS: I still have no clue who will qualify and who will not. But my impression is that tonight there will be surprises.

0scar

I can't believe tonight, after 2 years, :nl: hosts Eurovision! I hope AVROTROS, NOS and NPO were able to pull off an amazing show. I'm really looking forward to it.

crashworld

Veteran
I hope there won't be any technical issues, I would imagine how stressful those artists were when they met with the technical issues.
On a side note, for Eden's sake, I hope none of the commentators will bring in what is happening with Israel in their commentary when Eden is about to perform. Give Eden the equal platform she deserves.

Zeus

I can't believe tonight, after 2 years, :nl: hosts Eurovision! I hope AVROTROS, NOS and NPO were able to pull off an amazing show. I'm really looking forward to it.
Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the Dutch commentary. Hate that DJ-guy. Going to watch it on Belgium tv, at least their commentator is funny.

mauve

Veteran
I am not certain yet if I should see the show tonight on the official stream or on my German channel. :unsure:

Anyways ...

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Zeus

There is a family show?

I think the winner will be Dora - Je Me Casse.

midnightsun

Veteran
I read your posts from the last evening here, guys, and I must say that in a way I am proud of all of you. This year, it seems to me that generally the conversation is much more decent, polite, and tolerant than it was in previous years. I really like that there are people here calling out others if someone is too nasty, but I am even more plesantly suprised that people also apologize if their words came across in a way they had not intended to say them. I guess, there is a hope for us.
However, I'd like to add just one small observation in response to #midnightsun who said that "cancel culture must exist". I think that cancel culture is bad and does not do us any service. It is disrespectuful and shuts down conversation which is necessary when people obviously should and must communicate to overcome differences in opinion. How can one grow and become better if you cancel him? If you deny him/her to express his opinion? If you take away to yourself the possibility to show him/her where he/she errs? Besides, I believe that every person is in its essence still good (with very few exceptions), even if his/her worldviews are sometimes strange or not in tune with my views. Basically, people have to talk to solve problems and overcome differences and for this very reason I am so proud of you all, how you talked and sorted out the things yesterday. I just hope that this positivism stays here and I wish that also other ESC public forums were more like ESCUnited, cuz honestly, I do believe that certain ESC-fan websites are toxic and add to this toxicity that no-one likes in the end. But you know how it works... Clicks matter, so some websites invent scandals where there are none. Guys, enjoy the evening and hold your fingers for your favorites. HAVE FUN - finally, the ESC is about having fun, isn't it?
PS: I still have no clue who will qualify and who will not. But my impression is that tonight there will be surprises.

Maybe it wasn’t the correct wording because I was tired at the time but it’s important that some people don’t get away with what they‘ve done. If it’s obvious. That’s why I added: mistakes happen.
We talked briefly about Johnny Depp in another thread and I even said I‘m not pro Amber (and her cancel Johnny) because we just don’t know what happend.
But I think this is not the right thread for this topic, maybe we can move to another subforum here.

It basically started with a joke as a response to "cancel Malta" - because no matter how annoying the Maltese delegation may be at the moment it’s a.) not Destiny‘s fault and b.) she has every right to be there as well.

Top Bottom