Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammy

Veteran
Something I would really appreciate: now that every contestant had to record a back-up performance beforehand, can the public get access to them, please? Like for instance on a second DVD ("limited gold collectors edition" come to mind)? Or could we have a contest of these recordings to get over our PED?

musicfan

Something I would really appreciate: now that every contestant had to record a back-up performance beforehand, can the public get access to them, please? Like for instance on a second DVD ("limited gold collectors edition" come to mind)? Or could we have a contest of these recordings to get over our PED?
I read that the backup peformances are being released in the new few days.

Lance Esgard

Per the official ESC channel on YouTube:

On 28 and 29 May 2021 you can enjoy two online shows!

Eurovision Song Celebration: Live-on-Tape, Semi-Finalists Friday 28 May, 21:00 CEST Eurovision Song Celebration: Live-on-Tape, Grand Finalists Saturday 29 May, 21:00 CEST

To honour the hard work each participating country has put into delivering a 'Live-on-Tape’ back-up performance (should they not have made it to Rotterdam), we’ve created two special shows featuring these performances.

harey

I'm wondering if Måneskin will become one of the most successful esc contestant getting a great international career after the contest. I feel like they may be because I see their esc entry but also others songs from them trending all over Europe.

Ezio

Veteran
I think so. All their songs are charting right now and they are young and charismatic. And most of all drug-free.

Unlike Mans, they could grace every Eurovision with new songs.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I'm wondering if Måneskin will become one of the most successful esc contestant getting a great international career after the contest. I feel like they may be because I see their esc entry but also others songs from them trending all over Europe.
Given that they're immensely popular with young people - absolutely. I think they have a very successful career ahead of them, as they should. Talent should always been rewarded with success.

Ezio

Veteran
tbh Italian song have an easier time to slam dunk the youtube charts. Especially with the name recognition that they had prior to the conest. And Arcade wasn't all too special, it was a manufactured ballad.

Maneskin's win is most defo a win for the entire contest. Dragging Eurovision out of its exclusive and notoriously unsuccesful bubble and into the light. Many young folks might become interested.

mauve

Veteran
There is also an immense amount of Måneskin reaction videos from all over the world. I think that this will definitely be bigger than Arcade. xcheer

Måneskin GF performance already having more views than Arcade from 2 years ago is indicative of the buzz they have created, and also shows how much the competition needs the televote winners to ACTUALLY win.

Exactly, because popular music contests are here for the people to enjoy music, and artists to present their new music. They are not here for the salon juries.

Balkan jokes after the Grand Final and the legendary Icelandic correspondent coming live for presentation od juryvote

Iceland vs. Italy

The man my dad wants me to marry vs. The man I bring home to dad 🤣🤣

Screenshot-20210527-132609-Instagram.jpg

Lance Esgard

Even their Wiwi Jam performance has gotten close to 4 million views as of time of writing (meaning that performance of I Wanna Be Your Slave has more views than their official video)

There are plenty of Eurovision contestants that got a lot of views for their Eurovision entry. But sustaining that success beyond the Eurovision entry has been the real challenge. So far it does look like Maneskin has transferred their Eurovision exposure into a longer-term popularity and hopefully that is the case because Eurovision success stories do a lot of good for the contest and is deserved for the artists.

mauve

Veteran
Exactly, because popular music contests are here for the people to enjoy music, and artists to present their new music. They are not here for the salon juries.

Balkan jokes after the Grand Final and the legendary Icelandic correspondent coming live for presentation od juryvote

Iceland vs. Italy

The man my dad wants me to marry vs. The man I bring home to dad 🤣🤣

Screenshot-20210527-132609-Instagram.jpg
Well, my mom would give her blessing to the guy on the right side cause she is a rock 'n roller in her soul. xqueenbitch

@mauve cool mama !

Croatian media reporting on huge scandal in Malta about financing of Destiny's ESC media campaign.

Total costs of her campaign amount to 650.000,00 EUR of tax payers' money.

The Ministry of Interior is conducting an investigation on spending as, according to the Minister, they have a testimony that the most of the money was transferred abroad to individuals to make payments to the bookies, in order to artifically increase her odds.

Remisan

Look, are you okay with your private messages on the forum right now? I see that I cannot write to our conversation in PM.

kruskica

To be honest, what's wrong with Malta creating the hype? Actually what they did was very smart. They made a slightly above average song seem like an epic winner in eyes of many, and now Je me casse in ESC fandom will be way more remembered and respected than Last Dance and Mata Hari, which aren't worse at all. I think it's way worse that they insisted on performing again in jury semi and Destiny's manager's tweet after the running order was revealed. And most importantly, false hype doesn't buy you a win, as we have seen. They apparently did the same thing with Ira Losco, and we have seen how little it paid off. I mean, I'm not the most educated person on this topic, but is it really a crime to pay odds to raise your song in betting odds? If they really did that, then yeah, they shouldn't be allowed to do that in the future, but we've seen Azerbaijani delegation asking people in the arena to vote for Azerbaijan, and giving them money for it, which is way worse and it actually affects the final results. Also, Malta's strategy was way smarter.

Lance Esgard

I'm not the most educated person on this topic, but is it really a crime to pay odds to raise your song in betting odds?
It can be.

If it happened to be determined that the money was taxpayer money, that could lead to a finding it was a misuse of public funds. That is what the current probe in Malta is about.

But more generally, it can be a crime if by the laws of the state in question hold it to fall under 'market manipulation'. I don't know whether that could be the case or not in Malta or as regarding Eurovision more generally. I am not a practising lawyer in this field so this is only a general statement.

Top Bottom