Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
Authenticity prevailed over manufactured bops this year.
most of the Beyoncé’s and songs by the numbers are on the right handside of the scoreboard.

SJB staging made it as far as 7th

the non diaspora public votes smarter than the juries

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Excuse me, are you threatening me? Why? Beacuse I am telling the truth !! Look at all my comments and you will see that Italy is in the first place for me. I GROW UP WATCHING EUROVISION. I HAVE NOT MISSED A SINGLE IN 30+ YEARS. My kids watch every year. Every year, 4 families gather in my house, with children and we cheer. And you're threatening me. Because someone couldn't refrain from taking drugs in the LIVE broadcast. Feel free to report me. This was a family party in the first place or you have something against it.

You are not telling the truth. You are lying through your teeth. It has been confirmed that there was no cocaine and what you are doing is defaming an artist which btw. is illegal. It is also not allowed on this forum so please keep that in mind.

Any further posts spreading such lies will be deleted and offenders are subject for disciplinary actions.

mauve

Veteran
You are not telling the truth. You are lying through your teeth. It has been confirmed that there was no cocaine and what you are doing is defaming an artist which btw. is illegal. It is also not allowed on this forum so please keep that in mind.

Any further posts spreading such lies will be deleted and offenders are subject for disciplinary actions.
Thank you for clarifying, Matt! I hate these false discussion. Not being able to ENJOY Italy winning.

Ezio

Veteran
I don’t know if someone has mentioned it already, but Italy would also have won with the old way of voting. With a 1 point difference. How insane would that voting result have been hahaha.
I'd love to see that play out on a youtube video

0scar

It was grand! I felt privileged to be there and I'm proud at the show the Netherlands put together. Thanks AVROTROS, NOS, NPO and everyone involved.

Congratulations Italy! Certainly not my favourite winner, but a deserved victory and I'm glad for all Italian fans. Curious to see how an Italian hosted Eurovision will look like xwave

I was rooting for :fr: and :ch: and I feel slightly disappointed they "only" got second and third place, but in the end a great result for these countries too!

I'm gutted for Jeangu and the :nl: team, they did not deserve those zero televoting points. It didn't hurt anyone's joy watching the show I guess but meh. We didn't really want to be that kind of host entry that ends up bottom 5 but in the end we did lol

Ezio

Veteran
Congratulations Italy! Certainly not my favourite winner, but a deserved victory and I'm glad for all Italian fans. Curious to see how an Italian hosted Eurovision will look like xwave

1991 was probably the worst song contest in terms of hosting, that I have ever watched. I hope 2022 won't be that much of cringefest. I am excited for some things to change. Italians are not the best teamworkers and are a proud country. They won't swallow all the pills by the EBU, which can be a good thing and serve us a Eurovision with unique style and flavour. Fingers crossed.

Lance Esgard

1991 was probably the worst song contest in terms of hosting, that I have ever watched. I hope 2022 won't be that much of cringefest. I am excited for some things to change. Italians are not the best teamworkers and are a proud country. They won't swallow all the pills by the EBU, which can be a good thing and serve us a Eurovision with unique style and flavour. Fingers crossed.
I quite liked Gigliola Cinquetti, but Toto Cutugno was I think the single worst host I have ever seen at Eurovision.

Ezio

Veteran
Yeah, the voting was so nationalistic this year. It sucked.

Serbia and Albania voting for their singers for another country. Inspite of their status as favourites, it would have probably happened anyway. Especially, Albania, which usually sells out to Italy, snubbed them in the year they won and went for Gjon.

But diaspora voting in return was even worse. Hurricane smashed the televoting in Switzerland and Austria, although they had nothing to do with victory.

And Moldova profited a lot from their Romanian diapora throughout Europe, although Natalia is Transnistrian and if this was a country, they would be snubbing Moldova like Ukraine and Russia or Armenia and Azerbaijan.

The nationalism this year played out more blatantly than recently. But it didn't hurt the Top 10 in the end.

spinachpie

Even though UK, Germany and Spain deserved last, it is still a little cruel for 0 points.

I think they should weight points more from the public.

Keep jury points 1 - 12.

Then have 20, 18, 16 ... 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 from the public.

This will give the opportunity for more nations to get more points, but will also:

A) Give more weighting to the public, which should be the case anyway
B) Lessen the impact of political voting, as there are more points given for other countries
C) Give more countries the chance to get points and not have shame in getting 0

Last edited:

FilipFromSweden

EBU: Afrojack we want u to perform at the final and represent your country's music scene!
Afrojack: I choose ''Titanium'' by French DJ David Guetta and Australian singer Sia

Ezio

Veteran
I'm proud of you guys! The best Eurovision winner in the last few years! This is a banger!

There were hits and misses, and I don't want to petty and overanalyze it. The voting segment this year was a big hit. I live! It's a thrill to watch is unfold.

Top Bottom