DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran
2021 Grand Final Personal Prediction List
Let us see the correctness of this prediction

Jury-related
  1. 12p exchange between 🇬🇷 🇨🇾(happened)
  2. 12p exchange between 🇷🇺 🇦🇿 ( not happening)
  3. 12p to 🇦🇱 or 🇮🇹 from 🇲🇰 (nope, to 🇷🇸 )
  4. 12p to 🇸🇪 from 🇦🇺 (to 🇲🇹 )
  5. 12p to 🇸🇪 from 🇫🇮 (to 🇨🇭 )
  6. 12p to 🇷🇺 from 🇦🇿 (yup)
  7. 12p to 🇮🇹 from 🇦🇱 (nope, to 🇨🇭 )
  8. 12p to 🇲🇩 or 🇬🇷 by 🇷🇺 (to 🇲🇩 )
  9. 12p to a ballad by 🇨🇭( to 🇫🇷 )
  10. 12p to the winner by 🇫🇷 ( to 🇬🇷 )
  11. 12p to a male singer by 🇪🇪 ( to 🇨🇭 )
  12. 8/10/12p to 🇧🇬 by 🇲🇰 (there is a 10 if I remember)
  13. 🇸🇪 with most 12p (totally nope, both 🇨🇭 🇫🇷 with each 8 12p)
  14. 🇺🇦 getting points from 🇷🇺 (refer to 2018) (no)
  15. At least 1 prequalifier in the bottom 5 (we have four)
  16. 🇪🇸 🇬🇧 or 🇦🇱 getting jury love (nope, even 🇦🇱 is 20th)
  17. One of 🇨🇭 🇲🇹 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 topping the jury vote (it's 🇨🇭 )
  18. Jury winner exceeding 300 points
  19. Jury winner exceeding 200 points (267)
  20. 10th by jury getting at least 100 points ( 🇬🇷 , 79)
  21. '0 Jury points' ( 🇬🇧 )
  22. Landslide distribution
  23. Flatland distribution
  24. At least one dark horse ( 🇵🇹 🇷🇺 )
  25. At least one flopper ( 🇸🇪 🇨🇾 )
13/25?

Loindici

Veteran
2021 Grand Final Predictions
Televote-related

1. One of 🇺🇦 🇫🇷 🇮🇹 🇫🇮 topping the televote (it was 🇮🇹 , even they are the top 4)
  2. Either 🇷🇺 🇸🇲 🇮🇸 🇨🇭 🇲🇹 🇬🇷 🇱🇹 in top 10 televote ( everyone except 🇸🇲 🇲🇹 )
  3. :flag_de: 🇳🇱 bombing televote (0 for both)
  4. 🇬🇧 succeeding hard or bombing hard in televote (bombing hard)
  5. 🇸🇪 getting the legendary third-degree burn (not really, but congrats for 63 points)
  6. '0 Televote points' (sadly, 4 countries: 🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇳🇱 )
  7. Televote winner exceeding 300 points (318)
  8. Televote winner exceeding 200 points
  9. 10th by televote getting at least 100 points ( 🇬🇷 , 79)
  10. Landslide distribution
  11. Flatland distribution
  12. At least one dark horse (top 10 deserved)
  13. At least one flopper ( 🇦🇿 🇸🇲 🇲🇹 🇨🇾 🇧🇬)
8/13?

ekzuu

I'm okay with Italy winning, but after today's performance would have preferred France, it's more for my taste. Barbara was just excellent. But Italy has waited also for a long time, I think last year they could have won also so at least they got their win now, being so close many times. And Italy is a fantastic place to hold the show, they know how to do it, I hope it won't be too long though!

4 zeros were just hilarious. San Marino flopped so hard.

Also, Estonia's 12 to Moldova is kinda weird, but all of these other countries going for Moldova... it's just very strange and fishy.

A-lister

Veteran
Even after a rough year with a worldwide pandemic, juries still want us to be depressed, what's wrong with these people!? :lol:

On a brighter note, I think it's the first time since the abolishment of the language rule that native language entries dominated the top. 5...

Oh and congrats again :it: xcheer

AliceEsc

I'm sooo happy!!!!! Congrats Italy xheart xheart xheart What a great winner.

Their performance was so hot, I didn't pay attention to the last 2 songs.

My dad's favorite: :ch: he said "stop the show and give him the trophy!"
Mom's: :fi: :ua:
Sister's: :is:

My votes: 14x :it:, 4x :fr:, 1x :ch:, 1x :is:

Let me say this here as well. We do now allow libel defamation on this forum.

Maneskin did not do drugs in the Green Room. We are all getting checked constantly and there is now way you can get away with that. I still keep laughing at the fact that anyone could believe such a crazy thing....yeah, lemme do cocaine while 180 million people are watching, what could possibly go wrong?

Please go back to discussing the show and results.

Thank you.

I want to put what Matt said in the context of the song we all witnessed tonight winning.

Damiano David wrote ZITTI E BUONI 4 years ago, in the early days of their career when he and Maneskin were mocked and insulted for looking different and behaving different.

ZITTI E BUONI Damiano dedicated to all the misunderstood people excluded from the society.

ONE LINE IN THE LYRICS OF ZITTI E BUONI EVEN CONDEMNS ITALIAN MAFIA SOCIETY RELYING ON DRUGS:

"HERE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE LIKE DRUG DEALERS"

ON THIS NIGHT, WHEN IT HAD WON:

1. THE SONG CONDEMNING DRUGS CULTURE

2. THE SONG THAT WAS MEANT TO SILENCE ALL THOSE VOICES WHO WANTED TO DEHUMANIZE US, DEGRADE US

3. THE SONG ENCOURAGING US TO HAVE STRENGTH TO STAY TRUE TO OURSELVES

PEOPLE WHO HAVE FALSELY ACCUSED THEM OF TAKING DRUGS HAVE JUST PISSED ON THE MOMENT THAT ALL OF US DESERVED.

THANK YOU MANESKIN FOR THE MESSAGE SENT, WE LOVE YOU AND RESPECT YOU.

AS YOU SAID IT YOURSELF DAMIANO:

La gente purtroppo parla, non sa di che cazzo parla! ❤🇮🇹

Chorizo

I think it has more to do with how people believe a strong woman should look and sound. I assume juries are more tolerant.
Have you heard of Netta, who won the televote in 2018? :unsure:
Maybe the audience simply remembered that they had already seen the exact same concept three years ago, just with a catchier song.

Lance Esgard

To farewell Eurovision 2021: I for one welcome the Arockalypse brought upon us by Maneskin (and partially enabled by Blind Channel although that's nu metal) as somehow foretold by the prophetic Lordi in their Hard Rock Hallelujah!

The saints are crippled
On this sinners' night
Lost are the lambs with no guiding light

Amen by Slovenia and Amen by Austria both fail to qualify, but sinners do in Mata Hari (for an army of lovers is deemed sinful), Sugar (lust is a sin), Dark Side (so many sins there), El Diablo (there is lust even if the demon isn't literal), The Black Mamba (prostitution), The Wrong Place (the sin of wrath and maybe gluttony from alcohol consumption) and Hurricane (the sin of desire and it could be interpreted as involving prostitution). If paganism is considered sinful then we can add Go_A to the list.

Also, we are lost without the guiding light promised by The Moon Is Rising (I will glow, I will burn, illuminate/Bring the passion inside, let me touch your fate/I will lead, I will guide you on your way) and that found in the lyrics of Maps (with the message of being guided by heart and soul). Both of those also failed to qualify, as did the sunshine and quiet appreciation of nature of You.

The walls come down like thunder
The rocks about to roll
It's The Arockalypse
Now bare your soul

Finland starts by baring their souls with lyrics admitting their inner darkness. This sets it up for Maneskin who bares their souls with another intense performance and by literally exposing bare chests. The wall that prevented such music winning since Lordi won crumbles. Furthermore, the wall also falls down in that Finland's success proves multiple rock/metal acts can get high results in the same year.

All we need is lightning
With power and might
Striking down the prophets of false
As the moon is rising
Give us the sign
Now let us rise up in awe

The power of rock with such power and might overcomes the prophets of the false notion that juries won't vote for rock. As the moon arose in Spain's Voy A Quedarme there was an eclipse in the background, giving the sign that this was the time of the Rockoning and soon the fans of rock could rise up in awe and appreciation.

Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn hard rock hallelujah
Demons and angels all in one have arrived
Rock 'n roll angels bring thyn hard rock hallelujah
In God's creation supernatural high

We have demons from El Diablo and on stage in Fallen Angel with Tix as a fallen angel. We have Rock 'n' Roll angels within Maneskin with angelic looks that brought forth the power of hard rock, of which punk rock is one of hard rock's forms.

The true believers
Thou shall be saved
Brothers and sisters keep strong in the faith
On the day of Rockoning
It's who dares, wins
You will see the jokers soon'll be the new kings

Those who believed in the power of rock all along were rewarded. Maneskin who dared to bring their performance to San Remo upset the odds to win and from there also came to win Eurovision. Maneskin began their journey as jokers, because their entry was 'so wrong for the Ariston that it almost becomes right' and were amused by the chaos that came from the contrast between their entry and what that contest with history and traditions longer than Eurovision usually featured.

Wings on my back
I got horns on my head
My fangs are sharp
And my eyes are red
Not quite an angel
Or the one that fell
Now choose to join us or go straight to Hell

Having sung of having "waxed wings on your back" the lead singer was like a demon in singing with sharp language about going against social expectations and rules. Not quite an angel he was also not quite like that Fallen Angel which also performed earlier. Still they would lift up listeners to the heavens who believed in the power of rock. As expressed by Blind Channel, you could join them or to hell you could go for all they would care.​

Last edited:

Chorizo

Even so, congrats to Italy! xup It is a great music nation and for them to have success in ESC ensures they
will keep interest and stay in the contest over time.

Reminds me of Italy winning in 1990 and then withdrawing from 1994 to 2010, with the exception of 1997. :ROFLMAO:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Top Bottom