WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
zOeHxrq.png

mu9kJ2i.png

Portugal's WV History

Last edited by a moderator:

JSSArcos

Hey [MENTION=12837]JamieBrown[/MENTION] , choose very surprisingly ... I love :D ... dead combo are some bands that I really appreciate in Portugal (and you sent my favorite song from them) :eek:
I watched one of their shows a month ago (in a local music fetival), and this song was the last one played and it was chilling,Congratulations to discover is, this is considered by a friend of mine the best Portuguese music ever :lol:

Just a suggestion , I think the audio on this link has more quality : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVDjHszbdO8

Good luck, I hope to see this in the final :D

DanielLuis

portugal.jpg

AFTER A BREAK OF 11 EDITIONS, PORTUGAL IS FINALLY BACK IN THE GAME!

And the same can be said for me, after a break of 72 editions :lol: I guess the Eurovision 2020 forum game just reminded me of the good times I spent at Worldvision, and I couldn't help myself but to return xlove
Even though my previous WV stints were rather short, I do have to say that a few artists that I've met here have stayed with me forever, and I'm hoping the same will happen again!

I think my musical taste can be described as ecletic, and I'm hoping that my entries for Portugal on this second era will reflect just that. For my return I'm sending a song that actually belongs to a genre that I don't really listen to that often, but this one was just too much of an earworm that got stuck in my head!

I'm in the middle of exams right now, but once I have a bit more free time I'll try to update the first post of the thread with the history of Portugal at Worldvision, for prosperity sake :lol:

DanielLuis

WV 127 || Bárbara Tinoco - "Sei Lá"

B%C3%A1rbara-Tinoco-Fevereiro-2020-0131.jpg

This song talks about a girl that feels like she's losing her sense of self and her personality for a boy that is just toying with her emotions, that truly doesn't care about her and just uses her to fulfill a lonely void inside of himself. But even though she is conscious about what is going on, she doesn't have the strength to move on and get herself away from this toxic relationship. I've decided to send this entry because I fortunately got out of a similar situation recently, more or less at the same time this song came out, and for that reason I relate to it in a way I've never really related with many songs before.
I really hope y'all enjoy Portugal's second return entry! xlove

Last edited:

JSSArcos

Curiously, I sent this to the FSC this edition

Not being the biggest fan Barbara (now I'm enjoying his work more), I really fell in love for this song, Good luck xcheers

DanielLuis

Curiously, I sent this to the FSC this edition

Not being the biggest fan Barbara (now I'm enjoying his work more), I really fell in love for this song, Good luck xcheers

Oh damn, sorry, I hope you don't mind me sending the same song! I have to be honest, I haven't been paying much attention to the rest of the forum besides the WV subforum lately :lol:
Bárbara is just at the beginning of her career, I can't wait to see the stuff she'll come out with when her musical experience develops a little more! Here's hoping she'll go the Eurovision one day too haha

DanielLuis

17th place, 106 points
:10: :tr:
:8: :fr::ca::au::uk::sobr:
:7: :bg:
:6: :is:
:5: :cy::west:
:4: ::midw:pe:
:3: :hr::fo::jp::us::de::ie:
:2: :lond:::zi
:1: :svea::pl::lv:

I just wanted to thank everyone who voted for Portugal once again, both in the final and the semi-final, and helped me achieve my first final since my return to this crazy ride xlove xlove

DanielLuis

WV 128 || Filipe Sambado - "Jóia da Rotina"

mw-1240

Serving true "They tried to put me on the cover of Vogue, but my legs were toooo long" energy, it's Filipe Sambado!
Blending traditional Portuguese elements with pop-ish sounds, Filipe Sambado has been described as Portugal's answer to Rosalía. His participation in Festival da Canção earlier this year really helped launching his career, but I would have preferred if he had sent "Jóia da Rotina", his first single, instead. It's just more accessible, catchier, and has a message that I think everyone can relate with - in order to get through the grind of everyday life, we need to create connections and have a support system helping us when we get home, either our families, our friends, our hobbies our just our cat (the Maroskas mentioned in the lyrics is the name of his cat). Hope y'all enjoy this entry!

23rd place in the semi-final with 37points​

Last edited:

DanielLuis

WV 129 || Marta Ren & The Groovelets - "Summer's Gone (Didn't Swim)"

marta_ren1.jpg

10th Place in the Semi-Final with 61 points
24th Place in the Final with 49 points​

Last edited:

DanielLuis

WV 130 || MONDAY - "Little Fish"

26195673_1780694152232834_2516559321301312102_n.jpg

Zeus

WV168

Ana de Llor - Penelope

Inspired by Greek mythology and women’s place in society, ‘Penelope’ is propelled by the tribal beats of Portuguese frame drums and a glitchy groove, as the soaring, subtle power of De Llor’s rich majestic vocals flows over an innovative, electro-infused soundscape. A truly spellbinding offering bathing in a sparkling hypnotic allure and exquisite cinematic grace (GetInHerEars, 2020).
“Have you ever wanted to use your own body to furiously wash away the stain someone left on you? I believe those thoughts and those actions are seen as unbecoming when they come from a woman but men have always been given the freedom to be as a sexually liberated as they so desired.

“As a woman, I feel we are not allowed be as sexually liberated, the same way Penelope wasn’t in the Odyssey. It was expected of her to turn down any suitors that came on to her while her husband was away on an indefinite journey that amounted to 20 years in the end. While away he made the decision to move on and lay with Goddesses, nymphs and common girls alike. I wanted to imagine a world where Penelope moved on and chose to be happy instead. Where she put her needs and her desires first.”

Last edited:

Zeus

WV170

Ana Lua Caiano - Um Menos Um

Ana Lua Caiano (1999) is a music composer and sound artist. Ana Lua has studied classical music for 8 year and recently concluded the 4 year course of Jazz music in the prestigious school Escola De Jazz Luiz Villas-Boas (Hot Club). Ana Lua has composed for several short movies, documentaries and audiovisual projects. At stage she performs in the format of a ''one woman show'': she does everything on her own. With a synthesizer, a loopstation, a microphone, a bass drum and several percussive instruments she combines electronic music with traditional Portuguese music and the ''everyday sounds'' through loop overlay.​

Last edited:
Top Bottom