WorldVision Mod
Staff member
zOeHxrq.png

mu9kJ2i.png

Portugal's WV History

Last edited by a moderator:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: PORTUGAL | Música Com Amor | WV 73 -- Rodrigo Leão & Scott Matthew -- "That's Life"

I'm so sorry to watch this one not make the final for you Luis. "That's Life" is my favourite discovery of this edition (I already knew "MacArthur Park") and it would have been my very clear 12 in the final had you made it. It's absolutely spellbinding. It's splendour increases with each listen. It really is some magnificent chamber pop balladry. Thank you for this song. I'm happy to see it still did amazingly well for you, and was just incredibly unlucky to not have the right draw. It's a big loss for this final not to have this song.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Re: PORTUGAL | Música Com Amor | WV 73 -- Rodrigo Leão & Scott Matthew -- "That's Life"

I'm so sorry to watch this one not make the final for you Luis. "That's Life" is my favourite discovery of this edition (I already knew "MacArthur Park") and it would have been my very clear 12 in the final had you made it. It's absolutely spellbinding. It's splendour increases with each listen. It really is some magnificent chamber pop balladry. Thank you for this song. I'm happy to see it still did amazingly well for you, and was just incredibly unlucky to not have the right draw. It's a big loss for this final not to have this song.

xlove Aww, thanks, Kai, for your kind words and support throughout the edition. It made it all very special because it's the first time you liked a choice of mine so much and also because, as I told you in the beginning, you always come into my mind when I listen to this beautiful song. I had a weird feeling I wouldn't make it in the night before, so it didn't even come as a surprise or a disappointment. But oh well, as they say: "That's life" :lol: xrunhug xrose

Dutchball

I still think it is me who has single-handedly killed your chances with the REJU voting... I gave you 6 points and I strongly suspect my 7 to be the REJU qualifer :? :? :?
Worst thing is that both songs were really close :(
Best of luck with Flor de Lis :D

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

I still think it is me who has single-handedly killed your chances with the REJU voting... I gave you 6 points and I strongly suspect my 7 to be the REJU qualifer :? :? :?
Worst thing is that both songs were really close :(
Best of luck with Flor de Lis :D

Come on, everyone has their right to rank their songs according to their taste and even switch one with another. Happened a lot with this song it seemed. :lol: Anyway, being so close in both REJU and regular only makes me happy, at least the song was successful with the semi (and REJU) voters, it had something to say, despite not qualifying, that leaves me with a big smile on my face. :D Even though not qualifying ending 9th is at the very least "funny". :) I think it was my first time, but I can't be sure anymore. :mrgreen:

xcheer thanks so much for the kind words and for worrying, but life goes on and I hope I can please many of you with my future choices. xcheer

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Re: PORTUGAL | Música Com Amor | WV 74 --- Flor-de-Lis --- "Maria"

Here's our current entry: xcookie

Hope that at least some of you enjoy the typical Portuguese tune in this song from this wonderful band! xlove

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Re: PORTUGAL | Música Com Amor | WV 76 --- Artist revealed!

We are going back to pure Portuguese fado this time and our artist representing our national colours will be...

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Re: PORTUGAL | Música Com Amor | WV 77 - Nuno Malo - "No God, no Master" (Soundtrack)

Previous entries:

Hyubris - "Ode à Lua"
Anabela - "Roupa do Marinheiro"
Gisela João - "Senhor Extraterrestre"

And this edition:

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Re: PORTUGAL | Música Com Amor

I've got a lot to update here. :mrgreen: But this is our song this time. And I decided to post the song to explain that Bonga, who features Ana, is a very known Angolan (76yo) singer in Portugal. But apart from this I will update my thread, it's time to do that.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Re: PORTUGAL | Música Com Amor -- WV 101 -- Rodrigo Leão & Scott Matthew -- "Abandoned"

And this edition is dedicated to someone special who gave us one of the most beautiful Portuguese songs in the Eurovision Song Contest:

Rest in peace, Maria! xrose

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Re: PORTUGAL | Música Com Amor -- WV 101 -- Rodrigo Leão & Scott Matthew -- "Abandoned"

Oh, Elgars told me the video was blocked for many people. :? I obviously had no idea.. I replaced the other vídeo by the link Elgars gave me, it should work now. :D

JSSArcos

I just love all of Rodrigo Leão's songs with Scott Matthew ... Scott have such a" deep" and wonderful voice.

I think "Life Is Long" is one of the most beautiful songs in Portugal (I do not know if you know it, the video clip is also very strong and it counts with the presence of João Perry)

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

I just love all of Rodrigo Leão's songs with Scott Matthew ... Scott have such a" deep" and wonderful voice.

I think "Life Is Long" is one of the most beautiful songs in Portugal (I do not know if you know it, the video clip is also very strong and it counts with the presence of João Perry)

I know it and I love it! xlove The CD has been offered to me by Rodrigo Leão's son, who was my student a couple of years ago because I had told him I was his father's fan for ages. xheart Thanks for the feedback! :D

Top Bottom