Contact us

PORTUGAL - Portugal 2010 - Filipa Azevedo - Há dias assim

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

AlekS

Veteran
"The biggest improvement since the NF" award goes to Portugal.
And don't listen to people who say "not deserved" ;)
Everyone deserved the final. Except Latvia, muahaha, j/k :lol:

Congrats, Portugal! You proved once again that it's possible to qualify without a lot of neighbours or diaspora or any other lame excuses people like to use here :mrgreen:
I didn't like your entry before but now she improved my attitude :)
I'm gonna change my points now.

peter007

94ayd said:
Is it only me that has noticed Portugal started doing really well with the introduction of two semi-finals?! What's that about...

I noticed too! Well at least on the semi-finals, because in the final Portugal still stay in the middle.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
94ayd said:
Yeah, it would've been magnificent if Portugal had reached top 5 in 2008. A 2nd place and then a 13th was pretty weird. :?

Though in 2008 we didn't have any juries and Portugal was the last song to perform in the Semis and was somewhere in the middle in the finals.

Televoters have the tendency to give more points to the song performed at the end of the show so since Portugal didn't have that "advantage" in the finals they dropped significantly.
The same thing happened to Hungary & Latvia 2007, Netherlands 2004 etc.

setnop

Even though the camera work throughout the show was disastrous (to say the least) I must admit that Portugal was very lucky and that everything worked wonderfully last night. On cam Filipa looked sweet and the camera moves were as smooth and delicate as the song itself. In this case in particular the camera work was a huge asset to the performance. And everything looked so simple, no complicated dance routines (that would be weird), no extravagant outfits, no fireworks and explosions, just plain simplicity... the way I like it :D

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I'm still just amazed where that powerful voice is coming from. Filipa is so tiny and innocent looking but as soon as she opens her mouth it's like "woah".
Portugal all the way and I'm very happy for you guys, best portuguese entry to me.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Filipa from Portugal

“I was very happy when I got the result, I was thinking of my family in Portugal. I thought of my father when I walked off stage after the performance.”

94ayd

Matt said:
94ayd said:
Yeah, it would've been magnificent if Portugal had reached top 5 in 2008. A 2nd place and then a 13th was pretty weird. :?

Though in 2008 we didn't have any juries and Portugal was the last song to perform in the Semis and was somewhere in the middle in the finals.

Televoters have the tendency to give more points to the song performed at the end of the show so since Portugal didn't have that "advantage" in the finals they dropped significantly.
The same thing happened to Hungary & Latvia 2007, Netherlands 2004 etc.

Bulgaria in 2007 did benefit from that (1st in semi, 21st in final = 6th place in semi, 5th in final).

peter007

"Filipa Azevedo and her well staged ballad has the potential to do what
Yohanna did for Iceland last year and make a strong bid to take the
contest to Lisbon" (thestage.co.uk)

94ayd

I want to see Portugal in top 5, at least. They deserve it after more than 40 years of being neglected and achieving a miserable 6th place. Half of their entries have been more than amazing, IMO. :mrgreen:

thms

this is my first post outside of the united kingdom thread
the singer's voice reminds me of gloria estafan
(i know..wrong language, but the same emotion)
several weeks ago when i heard all the songs for the first time
i thought.. portugal will never have a better chance of winning eurovision..
there are other songs which can still win.. but crucially.. not as many as previous years..
i think this song, and this singer, represent portugal's best chance for winning for the first time..

seize the moment

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
The english version is good, too however i prefer the original one. It loses a bit in translation.

Top Bottom