Contact us

PORTUGAL - Portugal 2010 - Filipa Azevedo - Há dias assim

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
setnop said:
I read somewhere that in a Swedish TV show a jury composed by several Swedish singers and musicians, including some former participants in the ESC, analysed and voted for the songs in the 1st semi and granted Portugal the second place. Something similar happened in Finland and this time the juri awarded us the first place in the 1st semi. Could this be a good omen?

That is my hope actually that the juries will give portugal high points so it will qualify because I really believe it deserves qualfication. I don't want to say 'it's too good for eurovision' but it is definitely out of comfort zone for a lot of ESC fans. So my fingers are crossed.

ShineShineSHINE

setnop said:
I read somewhere that in a Swedish TV show a jury composed by several Swedish singers and musicians, including some former participants in the ESC, analysed and voted for the songs in the 1st semi and granted Portugal the second place. Something similar happened in Finland and this time the juri awarded us the first place in the 1st semi. Could this be a good omen?

Yes, and I'm not really surprised. First of all, I'm not trying to sound "better" or "smarter" than other people, but I can tell you as a muscian and actor who is looking for a realness to the music, something different, poetic and insightful lyrics, and not just a melody, but the harmonies that are used with it...Portugal is GREAT! It will NEVER win (unfortunately), but any panel composed of professional musicians have a strong chance of rating it MUCH higher than the casual listener. That should at least give it a boost! :D

PeterLPZ

The problem is, that this year so many countries have balladsongs. So it´s difficult to reach the final. But the advantage for Portugal is, that this song is in the 1st semifinal. And another advantage is, that Germany can vote in the 1st semifinal and i will call for Portugal. :p

ParadiseES

I also think juries will support this song, but I don't think it will be enough. It will only help them not to end up in the last places, but not more.
Filipa has a great voice and she's an even better performer, but the problem is the song which goes to nowhere. We can't say it's a bad song but it's something that leaves you cold in the end.

94ayd

Oh, really... I can't speak, neither Portuguese, nor Spanish and I pretty much remembered the melody after 1-2 listenings. :D Plus, the gorgeous language. I was surprised Portugal made it to the final last year, so I've the same feeling about this year, too. The new system seems to be in Portugal's favour a lot. :D

peter007

What has been said about the portuguese rehearsals:

escdaily:

''Filipa Azevedo Há Dias Assim
A very good performance here, and maybe she is going to steel the jury vote! Its a far cry from what we saw in the national final, and very charming.''

Oikotimes:

SECOND DRESS REHEARSAL ESTIMATION
Definitely to the final: Greece, Belgium, Albania, Portugal, Serbia

After lucky 13, we move to Portugal. Filipa gives a very classy and great vocally, performance. The stage is working perfect with her in a purple shade of color. The performance is convincing for viewers and juries. (Remember the juries are voting on this transmission). The song will most likely go the final as it seems (from the outcome and the draw).

Ivory dress for Filipa and purple colors on stage for the 2010 Portuguese entry. Filipa is definitely in style, and gives an outstanding vocal performance. This is definitely a good year for Portugal. In terms of the camera sequence, the work is simply amazing. In the last part of the song the wind machine makes the entire atmosphere of the song truly magical.
Estimation: definitely to the final

AKOE:

"Next up is Filipa from Portugal.
She is wearing a wide ivory (wedding style) dress
with a black belt around her slim waist.
She looks very beautiful and has her good singing voice
on today. This song is understated and possibly underrated too.
It has a borderline chance to get through."

ESCToday:

This gentle ballad performed by Filipa Azevedo gets a pink-coloured stage here in Telenor arena in Oslo. Dressed in a wide white dress with a black belt she gives a nice performance of Há dais assim. The stage turns blue towards the end of the song. We could tell that Filipa was holding back at the rehearsal, probably saving strength for the big night.

peter007

Dress Rehearsal of last night:

[center:1okolald][youtube:1okolald]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yfMPLCaJvdE&hl=pt_PT&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yfMPLCaJvdE&hl=pt_PT&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:1okolald][/center:1okolald]

Beautiful!!!

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Good luck Portugal. I personally think it's one of the best song in Semi 1 and i'm sad it is being ignored by so many fans. I hope that enough fans will vote for it and will get big points from the juries so they can make the cut. It's a beautiful ballad with meaningful lyrics and Filipa's voice is outstanding.
The melody is unpredictabler which is why some people may be turned off by it but I wish Portugal the very best and my fingers are crossed.

ParadiseES

It seems quite tough for Portugal this year to qualify, but I don't think they'll be too low. Just meh song and wonderful singer... Actually, I wouldn't mind to see Portugal in the final, so good luck neighbours! :)

dogmeat

ShineShineSHINE said:
setnop said:

Yes, and I'm not really surprised. First of all, I'm not trying to sound "better" or "smarter" than other people, but I can tell you as a muscian and actor who is looking for a realness to the music, something different, poetic and insightful lyrics, and not just a melody, but the harmonies that are used with it...Portugal is GREAT! It will NEVER win (unfortunately), but any panel composed of professional musicians have a strong chance of rating it MUCH higher than the casual listener. That should at least give it a boost! :D
There is only a bland melody with monotonic piano "dang---dang---dang---dang" in the backgroud. It's one of the most PRIMITIVE songs I heard recently. There's absolutely nothing difficult to understand and absolutely nothing unique. Not every ballad is "smart".
And I can tell you I also find myself demanding ;)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I disagree, while not every ballad is "smart" as you put it, I believe Portugal is. As we said, the televoters will probably ignore it but the juries may give it decent amount of points but i'm still not sure if it's going to be enough to qualify.

peter007

dogmeat said:
ShineShineSHINE said:
setnop said:

There is only a bland melody with monotonic piano "dang---dang---dang---dang" in the backgroud. It's one of the most PRIMITIVE songs I heard recently. There's absolutely nothing difficult to understand and absolutely nothing unique. Not every ballad is "smart".
And I can tell you I also find myself demanding ;)

Actually there is more than a monotonic piano "dang---dang---dang---dang" (which by the way its clearly not monotonic). And its not PRIMITIVE, there is the main part, the chorus, the main part, the chorus, the bridge and then the chorus, its clearly well structured, and there is the beautiful voice beyond all these. It may not have the fireworks, and special effects (like leds on clothes) like other songs, but that doesn't make it primitive, just simple, and sometimes what it is simple it is beautiful.

And no offense intended, just an opinion.

peter007

Go Portugal!!!

[center:tdvwyov2][youtube:tdvwyov2]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1_ZmQVG_EGw&hl=pt_PT&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1_ZmQVG_EGw&hl=pt_PT&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:tdvwyov2][/center:tdvwyov2]

Just beautiful!!! Who told that Portugal wouldn't be in the final?

ParadiseES

I'm not bothered by Portugal's qualification. This was a total surprise for me, especially cause Filipa didn't have her night, but Portugal and Belarus don't disturb in the final at all.

Top Bottom