4 2.7%

5 3.4%

10 6.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Decayingbooks

The portuguese broadcaster invited a lot of artists to perform in the nf as either opener or interval acts so I think and hope that some of them(Samuel Úria, The Legendary Tigerman, Capitão Fausto, Bateu Matou) will be back next year competing.
Apart from them I would like to have Tomás Adrião in the contest(mainly because he has been collaborating with Elisa(esc2020) and it could be an opportunity for her to compete in eurovision for real and because their song "Infinito" was, for me, one of the best portuguese songs released last year), I woul also would like to have Left. and Pedro Mafama.
The last one I would really love to have in the nf is Rita Laranjeira(jesc2018), she released her first single "Jump" and this type of melfest-like songs that were actually produced in Portugal by portuguese producers needs a place in Festival da Canção.

Laepo1

He already went to Festival da Cancao as a composer, but he should compete too:

HarryUK

Portugal is probably my least favourite ESC country, their entries very rarely click with me. The only one that did was 2014.

It's all a bit slow and boring. I kind of just want to poke them and go, do something....

Navn Navnes

One of the only countries that sends very slow music that i actualy usualy likes a lot.

Last edited:

Laepo1

Girl I didn't post some jpeg Jeremy Clarkson meme in order to belittle someone's opinion

Not belittle, it was my opinion to your opinion. You know, at least i respected yours and didnt tell you to go outside I do believe you have a right to it.

HarryUK

Not belittle, it was my opinion to your opinion. You know, at least i respected yours and didnt tell you to go outside I do believe you have a right to it.
I mean it was belittling, and that's my opinion. Your opinion that it wasn't; that's fine.

But anyway, back on topic. I haven't watched the Portugese entry since 2014 - it's always been my toilet break or drink break. I switched off after they won in 2017 lol. Please for the love of god, give me something upbeat. I know I'm a Balkans pop baby at heart, but this is paaaaainful

Decayingbooks

He already went to Festival da Cancao as a composer, but he should compete too:

I don't see the portuguese broadcaster inviting him in the near future, so the only way that he could be back as a singer is if he is invited by another composer or if he tries to compete through the free submission, that was why we had Pedro Gonçalves back in 2021 after his 2017 participation.
Are you aware if he is interested in competing again?

Laepo1

I don't see the portuguese broadcaster inviting him in the near future, so the only way that he could be back as a singer is if he is invited by another composer or if he tries to compete through the free submission, that was why we had Pedro Gonçalves back in 2021 after his 2017 participation.
Are you aware if he is interested in competing again?

I dont know, but he did mentioned the festival recently in an interview (here). Not really in a positive light regarding the juries, although he did say the festivalbrought him "a lot of good things".

Also in his shows to present the new album, he had Maro and Tatanka (in Lisbon and in Porto respectively) as guests.

Laepo1

Thiago Pethit would be cool

Tiago Nacarato would be ok because he was born in Portugal and became famous there, so there is a connection. Pethit would never work, the bitching and complaining from the public would be absolutely crazy

ESC_FAN

Well, RTP just found the successful recipe. They have to keep it in good shape.
Even though I think it is time to bring up-tempo songs to the competition.
I also think that, Portugal has abused ballads, I think that Spain and Portugal will exchange roles, we will designate a ballad and you a dance song:ROFLMAO:

Zeus

Tiago Nacarato would be ok because he was born in Portugal and became famous there, so there is a connection. Pethit would never work, the bitching and complaining from the public would be absolutely crazy
Yeah I see he is from Brazil lol, sorry.

Top Bottom