4 2.7%

5 3.4%

10 6.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

CPV4931

Late to the party here, but nice choice from Portugal, my #1 of FdC winning the NF - there could be worse conclutions of the NF-season for sure...

VikingTiger

Wow
Is it actually possible to dislike Saudade? One of my all time favorites. Well, I haven't followed ESC close for a long time, but you get what I mean. We however agree completely on Edmundo... My nr 1.

Well, last year I even surprised myself, putting Portugal at the very bottom of my list. I would normally go for that portuguese tranquil sound, but there was something about Saudade... Portugal has brought a couple of gems to the competition over the years (although unfortunately it hasnt happened to often) - but for me definitely not in 2022. But I recognize the fact that last year 's top 10 placing was a result way above average for Portugal. I would never have predicted that....

aef

This is a huge step back compared to last year in my opinion, I don’t like it at all unfortunately… it’s so cliche somehow. :1: point from me

Semra

Well, last year I even surprised myself, putting Portugal at the very bottom of my list. I would normally go for that portuguese tranquil sound, but there was something about Saudade... Portugal has brought a couple of gems to the competition over the years (although unfortunately it hasnt happened to often) - but for me definitely not in 2022. But I recognize the fact that last year 's top 10 placing was a result way above average for Portugal. I would never have predicted that....

I respect that. You probably felt the same way I feel about Lithuania this year. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something in the chorus just gives me a feeling of... I don't know what. A feeling I don't like. And I'm almost alone in feeling that way, I think (To Lithuanians; I liked Lithuania last year, don't be mad. It's not a bad song at all, objectively ;)

Decayingbooks

I was kinda bored and decided to check the portuguese top 50 viral on spotify, many songs for the nf are still in the top almost a week after the final, but, to my surprise, a lot of songs from eurovision are also trending:

#01 Mimicat - Ai Coração :pt:
#06 Edmundo Inácio - A Festa
#07 Voodoo Marmalade - Tormento
#12 Dapunksportif - World Needs Therapy
#14 Alessandra - Queen of Kings :no:
#15 Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha :fi:
#17 Cláudia Pascoal - Nasci Maria
#19 La Zarra - Évidemment :fr:
#21 Churky - Encruzilhada
#22 Esse Povo - Sapatos de Cimento
#31 Vesna - My Sister's Crown :cz:
#33 Neon Soho - Endless World
#34 SAL - Viver
#35 Mimicat - Tudo ao Ar
#41 Inês Apenas - Fim do Mundo
#44 You Can't Win, Charlie Brown - Contraste Mudo

As far as I'm aware Alessandra has been part of this top for almost a month, fluctuating arround the #30 place, before rising to #14. Marco Mengoni isn't in the top today, but he was last week.

On Youtube, Mimicat, as expected, is trending at #1 and Loreen at #31, both videos has been trending since sunday.

Not sure if the top could indicate how the portuguese public will vote in the semis and/or grand final, but I found the data interesting.

Last edited:

Decayingbooks

Mimicat did an interview for Posto Emissor, it seems that RTP already sent the info how they want it to be staged, the choreography will be similar, the energy and vibe will be similar aswell, but they are going to use the leds screen available in Liverpool to make it a modern cabaret show, the expression she used to describe it was: Chicago but directed by Woodkid.
Not sure what that means...

lacrymea

Mimicat did an interview for Posto Emissor, it seems that RTP already sent the info how they want it to be staged, the choreography will be similar, the energy and vibe will be similar aswell, but they are going to use the leds screen available in Liverpool to make it a modern cabaret show, the expression she used to describe it was: Chicago but directed by Woodkid.
Not sure what that means...
Well, Woodkid is mostly known for his Black & White music videos.

Hope we don't go B&W again. It worked for Black Mamba. Great. Done. Let's move on.

Mainshow

Veteran
Portugal, btw, got the NF from which I purchased the most tracks on iTunes individually.

(Bandua, Cláudia Pascoal, Edmundo Inácio, Lara Li, Voodoo Marmalade, You Can´t Win Charlie Brown).

It was a fantastic national final!

Decayingbooks

Well, Woodkid is mostly known for his Black & White music videos.

Hope we don't go B&W again. It worked for Black Mamba. Great. Done. Let's move on.
What I don't understand is that most of Woodkid directed videoclips, "Blue Jeans", "Born to Die", "Killer", "Sign of the Times", etc, are for low and mid tempo songs, icoracao is a high tempo song, using similar shots or framing(and making the thing b&w for the public at home) would make no sense whatsoever.
Has he directed any live performances that anyone is aware of?

Top Bottom