5 3.4%

10 6.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Decayingbooks

gigi_copp3

Wait... what if this is the Shum/In corpore sano of the year (unpredictable catchy song with artsy performance which bombs the televote)?

TB98

And Bolha almost took the place from Neon Soho. Jesus christ.
That's an exaggeration. It didn't. Like, I think Neon Soho would've qualified directly if it wasn't for the televote problems with Esse Povo. Bolha only had a combined 6 votes in the first round, while Neon Soho had 12. And in the bonus round, Neon Soho smashed it with a televote of 56%, opposed to Bolha, which didn't manage more than 17%. That's far from almost taking the spot from the other act.
But yeah, overall the results were pretty much left field and I really don't understand why the televote results were completely different from the final. I can understand the jury, since they were different, but the televote was...something.

Decayingbooks

But yeah, overall the results were pretty much left field and I really don't understand why the televote results were completely different from the final. I can understand the jury, since they were different, but the televote was...something.
I think the differences between the televote on the semis and the final is because the voting pool isn't the same and also what people are voting for isn't the same either, in the semi people vote for who should be in the final and in the final who should win and go to eurovision

Mainshow

Veteran
I think the differences between the televote on the semis and the final is because the voting pool isn't the same and also what people are voting for isn't the same either, in the semi people vote for who should be in the final and in the final who should win and go to eurovision

Even I, a hardcore Eurovision years, vote quite differently in the GF, e.g. a few diaspora votes, maybe my favourite entries are from the Big 5 countries or in the other semi.
Also, I´ve heard the songs for weeks when the semi finals happen but I haven´t watched the final performances yet. During Eurovision week, my Top 10 can fundamentally change, e.g. "Shum" was my "favourite" in 2021 ("Mata Hari" was) but the performance blew me away. I voted more often for :az: than :ua: in the semi (because I wanted my favourite to qualify) but in the GF, I voted way more often fro :ua: than :az: ....

Anthony Tesla

Portugal is always so underrated. Portugal is like that girl all boybands write songs about how beautiful and special she is, "but she doesn't even know it".

And this time is no exception.

This is a delightful surprise and a breath of fresh air! Dramatic without being too serious, and funny without being jokey, and representing some of what Eurovision is at its best: showcasing different styles of music you'd not usually seek for yourself.

IDK, maybe because other countries lowered my expectations so much, but I enjoy this: it's almost like a showtune, but a good showtune: the ones that you keep in your head days and days.

8 points.

mercachita

That's an exaggeration. It didn't. Like, I think Neon Soho would've qualified directly if it wasn't for the televote problems with Esse Povo. Bolha only had a combined 6 votes in the first round, while Neon Soho had 12. And in the bonus round, Neon Soho smashed it with a televote of 56%, opposed to Bolha, which didn't manage more than 17%. That's far from almost taking the spot from the other act.
Exactly :ROFLMAO: Almost

Semra

Imagine people having different opinions.
Believe me, I know. I have a quite alternative music taste myself so I'm used to being the odd one out.
My point is of course that Saudade ia such an inoffensive song. I can easily see people not loving it, it was the 'actively disliking' I found a bit surprising.

Top Bottom