5 3.4%

10 6.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
:5: for now. I don´t dislike the song but I can´t share the excitement at all and I still believe that :pt: is not even a "sure qualifier" if Mimicat doesn´t overthink her staging.
(I enjoy her performance and her spirit on stage, though).

jatojo

These genre songs (traditional folk, heavy metal, opera, whatever) often represent a high technical quality, but would I listen to them in other contexts? No. So that's why I rarely give them a rating higher than average. They tend to do fairly well with the juries, unless they are too odd.

Curiously, people who tend to describe pop entries as "generic", often praise this kind of songs, forgetting that they too are (sometimes even extremely) generic within the genre.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Coming from you, that is high praise indeed for a :pt: entry!

Indeed it is, I usually spend my time in this thread spitting venom and ruining everyones day.

An actual representation of my relationship with FdC:

JSSArcos

I liked Edmundo more, he would be my 12! But I'm very happy with Mimicat, this has grown on me a lot and I confess that I see it as a "safer" entry with potential.

I hope Edmundo comes back soon, he's amazing

Disappointed with the Portuguese people giving 0 points to You Can't Win, Charlie Brown, I hope they gained fans with this participation

It was a great festival, good job RTP (even though there is still a lot of room for improvement)

ollibox

Congrats to the winner! :)
Positive thing - as this is somewhat an ethno song, I like it a lot more than Spain's entry (y)
Negative thing - It MIGHT qualify from it's Semi, but I predict it would not end up high in the final, unfortunately.
Personaly - not my cup of tea. Still, a :3: in the poll for the courage to be totally different from all the other songs this year.

lasse braun

momently i think portugal has failed (if we talking about reaching the final in semi1).
mimicat is not bad but far away from 2021/22 winners in my opinium.
I comfort myself with...

p.s. that's eurovisionlife - sometimes you win,sometimes you lost ...krut...rumba...icelandduet...here and now.

Mrm

Veteran
Im devastated xcry

I will give :0: in the poll, till it sattles down a bit..:cry:

12Pointsgoto.....

momently i think portugal has failed (if we talking about reaching the final in semi1).
I comfort myself with...

p.s. that's eurovisionlife - sometimes you win,sometimes you lost ...krut...rumba...icelandduet...here and now.
This years FdC was never going to be on the same level as Maro or Black Mamba. Mimicat is still one of my favourite entires of this year though.

MooseShoes

I comfort myself with...

Love me, Boy
Don't you hold me tight
Just to satisfy
My eagle
(Or something like that)

Semra

What's this melancholic girl to do?
Spain and Portugal the other way around this year.
Spain's lyrics make me cry, so
For the first time in quite a while I'll rate Spain higher

That doesn't mean I don't like Mimicat, I do. But I'm not sure she'll get into my top 10. Edmundo or Charlie Brown would. Can't believe Charlie Brown didn't get points from the public? That was the biggest shock of the night for me.
Anway, congrats to all Mimicat lovers and sweet dreams xheart

ollibox

I comfort myself with...

How it was televote 0 points? Don't understand at all :eek:

TB98

One of my favs won, so I'm happy. Considering what we have in the first half, I think this could easily stand out. We'll see. I won't get my hope up too high cause I don't want to get disappointed. But good luck to Mimicat and pls work HARD on that staging.

Ezio

Veteran
For me this is Portugal‘s weakest entry since many years.

Mainshow

Veteran
For me this is Portugal‘s weakest entry since many years.
If we don´t count 2020, I think it´s my least favourite Portuguese entry since 2015 as well.

(to be fair, 2017, 2019 were part of my personal Top 10 and 2021, 2022 were really convincing live)
Hopefully, Mimicat will be a grower as well.

lacrymea

My problem with this is the style. She's fine, her voice is great, the song is cheerful... I think it's very well done in a style that I don't really appreciate. Don't even know how to rate it.

Top Bottom