5 3.4%

10 6.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
Come on, would you think that Ireland, Latvia, Croatia, Malta, Netherlands or even Serbia (yes, that song will be the fan flop of the year) stands more chances than us?
I do not have doubts about our Q chances sending either Mimicat, Edmundo or even YCWCB... the big issue here is about the result in the final.
And we have France and Switzerland voting on the semifinal. Sending Mimicat would lock 12 points from them.

No but I can totally see these countries standing more chances than Portugal easily:
1. Sweden
2. Norway
3. Finland
4. Israel
5. Moldova
6. Czechia

and yes, maybe even
7. Croatia (could easily sneak into a televoting Top 10)

I agree with you on :rs: , though - "diaspora" hasn´t saved a few Serbian entries before but the song is very original/progressive and there will be only "5 NQ´s" and I can´t picture Serbia not making it atm.

Personally, I think that there are only 2-3 spots "left" and no matter who you are going to send, it will be a battle (unless Czechia completely falls flat live).
Switzerland shouldn´t be underestimated, either - they would have qualified in 2012, 2013, 2017 (if we had the 100% televoting system).

Also, in a sea full of competitive, energetic songs with demanding performances, the most generic, bland and radio-friendly track (e.g. Ireland) could perform well... even in the televoting. - A little reminder: "Storm" (:ee: 2019) ended up being part of the televoting Top 3 :D

If you ask me, it will be very tough for countries to qualify (albeit the 6/7 I´ve mentioned above) - and yes, that included Portugal (unfortunately).

Last edited:

Ladynoir

I really like A Festa but I'm afraid about the bridge and ending not being powerful enough to mark viewers minds in may. One thing I want to say tho, it's that to me it doesn't feel like a "variant" of Salvador Sobral just because it's a slower and sadder song. Amar Pelos Dois has a sweet Disney Vibe that no other entry has reproduced since.

And as of Mimicat, I love her energy but I agree with what's being said, I don't think she'll be appreciated to her just value against other upbeat songs.

Also, what about Contrasto Mundo ? Idk about other international fans but I've seen so many fellow French eurofans loving this one. I also really like it ! The only issue is that there are a lot of other male groups this year. But it really has an energy I'm vibing with.

Mainshow

Veteran
Contrasto Mundo

I absolutely love it!

Personally, I think it´s better than Mimicat´s song but Mimicat´s performance is more Eurovision-esque (and therefore, I placed her higher). The arrangement of "You Can´t Win, Charlie Brown" is stellar - but I have no "feelings"/"thoughts" about its chances, tbh.
It´s somehow like "Hawaii" but only done perfectly right.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Come on, would you think that Ireland, Latvia, Croatia, Malta, Netherlands or even Serbia (yes, that song will be the fan flop of the year) stands more chances than us?
I do not have doubts about our Q chances sending either Mimicat, Edmundo or even YCWCB... the big issue here is about the result in the final.
And we have France and Switzerland voting on the semifinal. Sending Mimicat would lock 12 points from them.

Latvia and the Netherlands ARE qualifying.

mauve

Veteran
I will leave Sweden now and hope it will do the right choice and will now watch Portugal. Since I didn't have time to watch the semis unfortunately, I am excited to see the final. Good luck to all artists! xheartxcheer

AliceEsc

Time for Portugal. Let's see if I will be devastated or over the moon. Either way, I'll enjoy the show! Go Edmundo!

TB98

I'm just going to say, I'm going to stop making predictions this year and whoever ends up winning, good luck and get the best result possible. For some reason, I'm a bit dettached from Eurovision and FDC this year.

Top Bottom