5 3.4%

10 6.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

MopManMoss

Veteran
Well, technically speaking, Switzerland only qualified due to the juries last year. It came second to last with the televote. Agreed with The Black Mamba tho. But then again, it had a very classical approach and the staging was amazing. But we'll see.
Well yeah of course it qualified because of juries my point is that it was a shock to the vast majority of people last year when it really shouldn’t have been

Decayingbooks

Austria started trending in the portuguese Top 50 Viral on spotify:

#33 :at: Teya & Salema - Who the Hell is Edgar?
#40 :se: Loreen - Tattoo
#47 :fr: La Zarra - Évidemment

Wynnter

Very fast paced, energetic, fun, does not get boring, and takes some different turns at times. I like it! But I guess it's only my personal taste in music that gets in the way of this getting higher points. It isn't something that I would listen to again on my own, but if it played in a public place or the radio I would not mind it at all. Though it wouldn't be interesting enough to make itself stand out from whatever's happening at that hypothetical public place. I like it, but not enough. Sure, let's put it that way, lol.

Final score: :7: points

SAYAY

Portugal is hands down one of my favorite countries in Eurovision, because most of the time they just send whatever they like without maybe necessarily thinking about "how will this do in Eurovision" or "what does this song need to do well in Eurovision". So in many ways the Portuguese selection and entries in general has always seemed very genuine and authentic to me. And this one is no different. But I actually really like this one! It makes me feel like I am at some cool, secret club in Portugal in the 20s something (idk) and it makes me want to dance. I think this one could really stand out actually, although I do worry it might be a bit of a difficult song to fully grasp. But I like it :10: xcheerxheart

SpiritofKeiino

Showed this to my partner (a moderate ESC fan, watches it on the night but not the SFs or the run-up coverage). He thought it was a nice song and reminded him of his holidays, but that the staging NF looked cheap and tacky. Hopefully that improves for Liverpool

MopManMoss

Veteran
Very interested to see what the new staging is I actually quite liked the sofa at festival da Canção for some reason

Decayingbooks

They just published a video of the clothes on instagram.
The dress is better than the one she wore on the nf semi, but it's worse than the one in the final, also the clothes the dancers will be wearing are very simple, similar to the dancers of Destiny in 2021 but red.
I was worried about how they would choose to be dressed and for me it's a downgrade. 🙁

DanielLuis

It's really disappointing to see that after a few years of good results and with FdC improving every time on all aspects of the show, RTP still doesn't bother to give any sort of budgeting whatsoever for the actual performance at Eurovision.
It's pretty clear now that it seems that the staging is the same as FdC but just stripped down that the only reason that the sofa is not there is because they couldn't be bothered with it. How much would it cost to rent a sofa for 2 weeks, really?
Plus I feel like throwing away the LEDs for those lights is probably a mistake too. It all seems so dark? Doesn't really make sense with the song.
Hopefully the light effects are better than the photos so far show and the camera angles make up for the lack of props, otherwise I see this easily going NQ on the night

Decayingbooks

It's really disappointing to see that after a few years of good results and with FdC improving every time on all aspects of the show, RTP still doesn't bother to give any sort of budgeting whatsoever for the actual performance at Eurovision.
It's pretty clear now that it seems that the staging is the same as FdC but just stripped down that the only reason that the sofa is not there is because they couldn't be bothered with it. How much would it cost to rent a sofa for 2 weeks, really?
Plus I feel like throwing away the LEDs for those lights is probably a mistake too. It all seems so dark? Doesn't really make sense with the song.
Hopefully the light effects are better than the photos so far show and the camera angles make up for the lack of props, otherwise I see this easily going NQ on the night
I agree with you regarding the sofa, but it must be said that the portuguese delegation, after Mimicat won, had basically 2 days to send the info of how the song would be staged to EBU, in 2 days you can change stuff but you can't completely revamp it.

goncalovieira

Gold, gold, and gold.
However, the tiktok video the stage looks a bit empty (?) but I am sure that they are preparing an amazing job with camera cuts.

Skymnos

Most of the snippets shared on TikTok today are not showing the LED backdrops. That must be on purpose.
Since they need to be approved by each delegation before getting published, they probably want to keep it under wraps for the time being.

The sofa was scrapped because it would look tiny on such a large stage and minuscule next to tall LED walls.
I have not noticed any lack of investment in the staging from the broadcaster in recent years.

As for me, I think this is the best dress she ever worn on stage for this song.

Top Bottom