4 2.7%

5 3.4%

10 6.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Zeus

Dark Horse, like The Black Mamba. If it survives televote only Semi (and I believe they will) they will even do better in the final, because TBM scored due to juries mainly.
The Black Mamba were 5th with the televotes with 100+ points in their semi so that doesn't say everything.

Decayingbooks

Dino Alves will be the designer for Mimicat clothes for Eurovision. After that tragic national final dress.
It is not his first time in the contest. He was the stylist in 2006..
Bad news. Really bad news.
I liked the "dress" in the final, it was classy and slutty at the same, although it would have preferred if the bottom was a skirt instead of pants, particularly when Mimicat is horny during the third chorus.
I just hope he doesn't go for a puffy look like the ones on the semifinal and the one in Barcelona(that I just found out was part of his 2023 spring/summer collection), it creates a very unappealing silhouette and it is also distracting, I can imagine people rather than listening to the song, talking how she looks like a bath scrub.

Decayingbooks

This year I found out that the "Top 50 Viral" chart from spotify was a good way to predict how the public was going to vote in the nf, people searching for a song and clicking on it means engagement and engagement could mean people picking up the phone and voting for said song, and out of curiosity, since 21 of March, I've been recording their placement in the chart.
At the moment the portuguese "Top 50 Viral" has 2 songs:

#20 :se: Loreen - Tattoo
#48 :pt: Mimicat - Ai Coração

Loreen entered the chart at #1 on 21 of March and #20 is her lowest placement so far. She has been the only esc song in the portuguese "Top 100" of Apple Music, her highest placemente was #38 on the 25th of March and today is her lowest, #97. Her video also was trending on youtube after she won melfest, but I didn't recorded her placement.

Other songs that trendended in the "Top 50 Viral".

:fr: La Zarra - Évidemment; highest #13 from 21 to 25 of March, lowest #45, yesterday.

:fi: Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha; highest #14 from 21 to 23 of March, lowest #48, yesterday.

:cz: Vesna - My Sister's Crown; highest #35, 31 of March, lowest #49, 25 of March; It dropped out of the top 50 on 22 of March, but made a cameback on 24 of March, last time it was in the chart was on the 3rd of April at #37;

:no: Alessandra - Queen of Kings; highest #14, 17 of March(per a previous post I made in this forum), lowest and last time in the chart #43; Also it should be noted that Alessandra was trending in this chart arround #30 during the weeks of the portuguese nf.

:it: Marco Mengoni - Due Vite; The last time I saw him in the chart was at #50 on 23 of March, but during the portuguese nf weeks there were a couple of days that he was charting in the forthy somethings.

:es: Blanca Paloma - Eaea; The only time I saw Blanca Paloma in the chart was on the 19th of March at #50 and it was why I had the idea to start recording the placement of esc songs in the chart, but to my surprise she didn't came back.

I'm not sure if we can predict how the portuguese public will vote by looking at who has been trending the highest, people can change their minds with the lives performances and how the casuals vote can't be predicted, but I'm curious to see the results in may.

Iker

Veteran
While Portugal is not in my personal top 10 this year I can tell you that it has some of the best instrumentals this year!

AndroZeus

Falling deeper in love with this song each time I hear it. My #1 this year, so I hope she at least qualifies!

Chorizo

It's a nice addition to the lineup, contributing to the musical variety of the contest. 7 points.

Iker

Veteran
Portugal just leapfrogged the Netherlands into the top 10 of the bookies on semi-final 1.
It was coming. I think we'll pass at least Switzerland too before the rehearsals start.

I am surprised that bookies/people betting liked the chances of Switzerland that much. I really don't see people calling for it and there's no jury to save them this year.

SpiritofKeiino

I am surprised that bookies/people betting liked the chances of Switzerland that much. I really don't see people calling for it and there's no jury to save them this year.
I think Switzerland will NQ. There's no buzz about it, I've seen little love for it online, unless he delivers a shockingly good emotional performance that surprises the viewers, I think it's staying in the SF.

Decayingbooks

I think Switzerland will NQ. There's no buzz about it, I've seen little love for it online, unless he delivers a shockingly good emotional performance that surprises the viewers, I think it's staying in the SF.
The only info about Switzerland's staging is that is has Sabotage Jean-Baptiste behind it and there will be 4 dancers, but I don't see people get behind it, the only two other songs about the invasion of Ukraine are also in this semifinal and both Vesna and Let2 have a more compelling message than "Waterguns" and there's also Loreen in the competition, if people are into emotional stuff they probably will flock to Sweden and not Switzerland.

MopManMoss

Veteran
There was no buzz in the fandom for Switzerland last year or Portugal the year before that the fandom is often out of touch with reality

TB98

The only info about Switzerland's staging is that is has Sabotage Jean-Baptiste behind it and there will be 4 dancers, but I don't see people get behind it, the only two other songs about the invasion of Ukraine are also in this semifinal and both Vesna and Let2 have a more compelling message than "Waterguns" and there's also Loreen in the competition, if people are into emotional stuff they probably will flock to Sweden and not Switzerland.
Not Sabotage Jean-Baptiste...help. 💀🤣

AndroZeus

There was no buzz in the fandom for Switzerland last year or Portugal the year before that the fandom is often out of touch with reality
To be fair, Switzerland last year got 11 points in the SF televote and 0 points in the GF televote. And Portugal 2021 flopped with televoters in the GF.

TB98

Well, technically speaking, Switzerland only qualified due to the juries last year. It came second to last with the televote. Agreed with The Black Mamba tho. But then again, it had a very classical approach and the staging was amazing. But we'll see.

TB98

To be fair, Switzerland last year got 11 points in the SF televote and 0 points in the GF televote. And Portugal 2021 flopped with televoters in the GF.
I think the running order really hurt TBM in the final. They were 11th in a lot of countries with the televote. Same with Maro last year.

Top Bottom