Nothing more that I can say
Says it in a better way

I’ve tried, alright
But it’s killing me inside
Thought you’d be by my side always

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Now this is what Salvador meant with (a fan of) fast food music.

Everything genuine, well sung and less messy than the trashy trainwreck that was Albania = boring

And afterwards trashtalking and speaking about, eh, views and money..

Typical.
you can say everything about ronela, but that it wasn't genuine is something that you can't say :)

can we stop pretending that every song that has more than 100 bpm is a manufactured cultural industry disaster and #not #real #music, there is enough space for both styles

leave salvador's elitist speech in 2017, even him seems to be over it

Ajeje Brazorf

Views on youtube don't matter anything in the contest. An example: Brividi is a quadruple platinum song, it has 55 million views (official video only) but it is not the most popular song in the competition and won't necessarily win the all thing and in fact I didn't think it will win. Having a million views or 300.000 doesn't mean anything for the competition itself even, because you don't know which are the countries which listened to these songs the most. If Maro has 300000 views bit all of those views come from Nations who are participating in the Contest, that is a good thing for them regarding the competition, because it means they probably will end up having more votes.

Another example: UNO by Little Big has 239 million viewers on the official Eurovision channel yet there is no way they would have won, because those views are mainly from Russians, let's say the 80% of them. They are big in Russia, that's why... How do I know? From the names of people leaving comments on it, or the fact they use cyrillic characters (in some cases).

Laepo1

Views on youtube don't matter anything in the contest. An example: Brividi is a quadruple platinum song, it has 55 million views (official video only) but it is not the most popular song in the competition and won't necessarily win the all thing and in fact I didn't think it will win. Having a million views or 300.000 doesn't mean anything for the competition itself even, because you don't know which are the countries which listened to these songs the most. If Maro has 300000 views bit all of those views come from Nations who are participating in the Contest, that is a good thing for them regarding the competition, because it means they probably will end up having more votes.

Another example: UNO by Little Big has 239 million viewers on the official Eurovision channel yet there is no way they would have won, because those views are mainly from Russians, let's say the 80% of them. They are big in Russia, that's why... How do I know? From the names of people leaving comments on it, or the fact they use cyrillic characters (in some cases).

Same with 2017. Sobral has like 30M views and you have to add the three most viewed videos of his performances. Gabbani has 266M on his official video

Laepo1

well you put genuine in one side and ronela on the other side

both are genuine, just one of them didn't work out and it happens. it just doesn't make any of them less genuine xshrug

I praise Ronela's confidence and vocal prowess. But mentioning Albania was more to ruffle hijrio feathers than to criticize the song. I did enjoy it.

lacrymea

We just sank in the odds like crazy. Had to scroll a bit to get there. The heck happened?

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
We shouldn’t assume Maro hada bad score just because she was placed 3rd to perform. Czech Republic in2019 and Netherlands in 2016 performed 3rd and got 11th overall at the final.

GermanBango

I already had fears that the public wouldn’t be able to appreciate the fragility of the song but … oh well. We shall see what happens. I will love and vote for it no matter what.

Preuss

Gutted about the running order for Portugal, but I think they may get a decent televote score anyway from the countries that usually appreciate Portugal

popavapeur

I decided to vote for my top 2 - top 3 only this year this year (I mean let's save some money and give it to the Red cross to help Ukrainian refugees) and i'll be voting for Portugal, they deserve a nice result, It's my favorite ballad this year.

It wasn't really in the running for the win but we can hope for a great result anyway !

jeriswani

The theory of Portugal doing badly in the televote because of the tuning order placement doesn’t make sense to me. They gave malta a bad running order last year and it came second in the televote in the semifinal. This running order feels like to me it’s based on how long it takes for the staging to be sorted out. Apart from Ukraine being 11 which clearly is indicating that is who the EBU want/ is happy with winning the contest.

Top Bottom