Nothing more that I can say
Says it in a better way

Nothing more that I can say
Says it in a better way

I’ve tried, alright
But it’s killing me inside
Thought you’d be by my side always

Decayingbooks

I think I'm one of the few portuguese users in this forum that actually likes "Fome de Viagem", but regarding Inês chances of winning I think they are very small.
From a judges perspective I can see it scoring high.
The lyrics are very original and interesting by the virtue of rhyming words in different languages, like "fun" in english with "pan"(bread) in spanish.
The melody is inspired by the brazilian music genre called choro/chorinho and most musicians and artists in Portugal usually are fans of more old traditional brazilian music like choro or bossa nova.(also if you ever played Sid Meyer's Civilization VI you may have noticed some similarities with Brazil's theme song)
Inês voice is great and the fact that she can sing it perfectly like in the studio version should be admired as her song isn't easy to sing, having a lot of key changes.
From a public perspective I think "Fome de Viagem" is a lower common denominator type song, people will like it because it is fun and it has an intergenerational appeal for both old and young, with it working better with among an older public since the song and Inês's voice in particular is very similar to the old musicals produced in Portugal in the early XX century.
But, with that being said, I think it will only means that she will have a better result than people expected when the songs were first released, maybe getting a top 5, but, if for some reason she wins the jury vote it is virtually impossible that she can score higher than Aurea, Syro, FF, Maro or Quatro e Meia in the televote, she is an unknown singer and there are artists that only due to name recognition can win the televote.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
RTP is pushing MARO for the win, at least that’s what I get from the running order. Pongo & Tristany opening won’t give them first place, Syro is in the dead spot and Milhana follows him with a song that falls in the same vibe. And then MARO is in the middle of two songs that won’t win (although I do think Pepperoni Passion will be top4 in the final ranking).

Ezio

Veteran
After last year's tragic finale, which ended in a dramatic divorce between Portugal and me, I didn't follow this selection. So, I have to ask you: What's good?

Decayingbooks

People on Portugal can start voting now:

To the portuguese fans: If you still believe on Maro vote for her, she's gonna need every single vote to surpass Aurea.

goncalovieira

Ok. After this running order, there is still some hope about Maro.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
200.gif

Blacci being knocked out in the semi is a crime. I will not stand for this and shall not forget... UNLESS you send Ginger Ale.

GO GINGER ALE! Save (sort of) this atrocious Eurovision year. I will also accept Saudade, saudade.

Jonas was absolutely stunning. Something e haven't seen in Eurovision before. I think he had a very original, stunning and mesmerising performance.

I agree. I actually can't remember what I thought of his song pre performance but it was a joy to watch and really came alive well on stage. It felt different and for that reason I'm kind of confused as to why it didn't advance.

goncalovieira

Maro just published an amazing piano version of "Saudade, Saudade".
Check her Spotify profile.

kamc

Ok now that Pongo and Tristany have been killed off by the scheduling, I hope Maro can win it.
There’s a magical Sade-esque quality to her voice and song that is so soothing to listen to.

Datura

Please MARO change the staging completely and get that ticket for Turin, the song is just magical I can't stop listening to it xclap
i'm surprised she's all alone on stage, i think it works so great with all the singers and musicians like in this video, and this song needs or or profits by more people who connect with each other on stage imo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_T7irLRaQI
still the song is wonderful just with her aswell

goncalovieira

Seems that she is taking some of her friends.
Actually, there is a huge effort from her to promote the song.

i anixi

Can't really get all the fuss about Maro and Áurea. The first keeps mumbling incomprehensible words in different languages until she ends up by bumping into a not very inspired revamp of the great classic from Cesaria Evora.
The second intends to show off her vocals without bothering to enter a tune. Big let down from Áurea who should have worked much harder. Easily the worst song of the bunch from someone who's relying too much on her own popularity. Should she reach Turim, she would never get out of the semi.

Best song/package is no doubt "Amanhã" from Quatro e Meia. There's something particularly touching about a duet formed by two handsome straight looking men, telling each other how their one night stand is becoming something else and how anxious they are about the upcoming morning. A very subtly original act, if you choose to read it like that. The song is lovely too, it's got a melody well sung and it builds to a really emotional crescendo. It gets my hairs up. Why isn't anybody talking about it?

Corpo de Mulher, from the 2nd semi is also a very good, quality song that would not embarrass Portugal in Turim. That lady's got a presence as well as a voice.

Tristany and Pongo are interesting, but they didn't take advantage of that stage. They needed to have been more creative and the camera work didn't help. A let down.

Very surprised with the actual upgrade to the Fdc on all levels. It all kind of flowed easily becoming a real entertainment where before it used to plod miserably making it the most impossible bore.

Didn't think I would, but I'm now very looking forward to Saturday evening. Congratulations RTP!

mauve

Veteran
Is it really like a race between Aurea and Maro? "Why" is quite boring, and "saudate, saudate" is okay, but nothing more. I really love "Amanha" (I know it has no chance) and „Código 30“ would be refreshing!

lacrymea

Is it really like a race between Aurea and Maro? "Why" is quite boring, and "saudate, saudate" is okay, but nothing more. I really love "Amanha" (I know it has no chance) and „Código 30“ would be refreshing!
I actually feel this can end up with a surprise winner. Either Amanhã or FF. Just a gut feeling.

But I'm still rooting for Maro. I really love her song.

pavarotti

I can understand why they don't want Syro or the opener in the final to win - both are average to poor. Aurea's song is far too plain as well no matter her competence as a live singer.

Top Bottom