Nothing more that I can say
Says it in a better way

Nothing more that I can say
Says it in a better way

I’ve tried, alright
But it’s killing me inside
Thought you’d be by my side always

Decayingbooks

Just noticed that on youtube Aurea has reached a plateau and Syro is now the most viewed video of the nf with nearly 170k views, hopefully that will mean that Aurea won't have as much support from the televote as expected and that Syro or Maro will snatch the win

goncalovieira

Maro will publish the live version of "Saudade, Saudade" tomorrow. It was recorded in Barcelona.
She is really giving her best. xheart

FilipeGolias

Maro will publish the live version of "Saudade, Saudade" tomorrow. It was recorded in Barcelona.
She is really giving her best. xheart

Here it is:

I'm hoping she will have live backing vocals on stage with her. They add so much magic to the performance xheart

Btw, Maro's network of musical friends is just impressive: at her right-hand side is Spanish singer Sílvia Perez Cruz.

Mrm

Veteran
Here it is:

I'm hoping she will have live backing vocals on stage with her. They add so much magic to the performance xheart

Btw, Maro's network of musical friends is just impressive: at her right-hand side is Spanish singer Sílvia Perez Cruz.
I can not believe this.. xfaint

I'm stunned.. xlove xheart

goncalovieira

Oh my god...
Such a vibe. This song has so much potential, and from what I have heard, she is preparing something really good for Festival da Canção. xheart
I will give her my 10 votes.

Decayingbooks

Here it is:

Visually the girls around Maro singing reminds me of Dua Lipa's "New Rules" and them being with her on stage could help tell story that Maro is missing a lost relationship with someone (either because that relationship just ended and can't be rebuilt or because that person is dead), with the girls supporting her in a difficult time in her life.

Edit: I was skimming arround Maro's youtube channel and found out she has a series of collabs called "Itsa me, Maro!" with indie artists from arround the world, including Eric Clapton and I was like "What? How? Why?". I know that Neev from last year's festival da canção has a song with Seeb, the norwegian producers mostly know for the remix of "I took a pill in Ibiza" but I wonder how Maro and Eric Lapton ended up doing a collab.

Last edited:

onecertaintiago

She said in an interview that a producer friend, that knows Eric Clapton, showed him a video of Maro singing his song and he really liked it. She then asked him to sing with her for the series.

Schlagerman1

Saudade saudade is the only "Festival da Canção" song on Spotify's "50 Viral Portugal" list... Yesterday it was 34th, it has already climbed to 25th.
That makes me so happy to read. Cause the more I lisen to that song, the more I just love it. It is absolutely breathtaking. So thoughtful, so hopeful, so sad...a real mix of emotions and memories of people once lost run through my head. Perhaps the best song in the whole NF-season if you ask me, and even if it wouldn't win, I would still be very greatful for it. Though hearing this compete in Turin would be mindblowingly amazing. :D

Ianp16

Here it is:

WOW. Just wow. This absolutely blew me away. I had tears in my eyes because this was such a beautiful, authentic performance. Just wow.

This is already my winner of 2022 ESC season, even if it doesn't qualify (which would be criminal).

I hope if it does qualify that they can recreate this atmosphere, somehow, as I think that's what made is so special. Although it would be difficult on the ESC stage.

PLEASE let this qualify.

:12::12::12::12::12::12::12::12::12::12::12:

FilipeGolias

WOW. Just wow. This absolutely blew me away. I had tears in my eyes because this was such a beautiful, authentic performance. Just wow.

This is already my winner of 2022 ESC season, even if it doesn't qualify (which would be criminal).

I hope if it does qualify that they can recreate this atmosphere, somehow, as I think that's what made is so special. Although it would be difficult on the ESC stage.

PLEASE let this qualify.

:12::12::12::12::12::12::12::12::12::12::12:

Wouw there. First, it has to pass the toughest hurdle: winning FdC :p. She gaining a lot of momentum, but she's still not a shoo-in.

Decayingbooks

Wouw there. First, it has to pass the toughest hurdle: winning FdC :p. She gaining a lot of momentum, but she's still not a shoo-in.
She seems to have a lot of engament from the public(if the metrics on spotify and youtube are to be trusted) and her song will undubtly score high with the judges, Syro has more engagement in social media, but I think the judges will not score him as high as Maro.
Things may change after the live shows, but at this point she is the most likely winner of the portuguese nf.

FilipeGolias

She seems to have a lot of engament from the public(if the metrics on spotify and youtube are to be trusted) and her song will undubtly score high with the judges, Syro has more engagement in social media, but I think the judges will not score him as high as Maro.
Things may change after the live shows, but at this point she is the most likely winner of the portuguese nf.
I prefer not to take anything FdC-wise for granted :LOL:

Top Bottom