Says it in a better way

Nothing more that I can say
Says it in a better way

I’ve tried, alright
But it’s killing me inside
Thought you’d be by my side always

Mrm

Veteran
It's really growing on me this one. Very beautiful.

For now my chosen acts from FdC to Eurovision are:

1 - Pongo & Tristany: DÉGRÁ.DÊ
2 - SYRO: Ainda nos temos
3 - TheMisterDriver: Calisun
4 - MARO: saudade, saudade
5 - Norton: Hope

Let's see if it changes has the days go by.
Aurea is the biggest name? Right? You do not like her entry? :eek:

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aurea is the biggest name? Right? You do not like her entry? :eek:

I kinda like the song but I have other favourites that can do a lot better than her at eurovision. Yeah she is the biggest name, but I don't care about the names I only care about the songs and the staging potential they have.

Aurea will probably pull a Carolina Deslandes and be 2nd at FdC. Even being a well-known name I can't see her winning with this song.

Last year I believed The Black Mamba were the best option and they weren't the faves since the begining. I hope the same happens with DÉGRÁ.DÊ xD

Mrm

Veteran
I kinda like the song but I have other favourites that can do a lot better than her at eurovision. Yeah she is the biggest name, but I don't care about the names I only care about the songs and the staging potential they have.

Aurea will probably pull a Carolina Deslandes and be 2nd at FdC. Even being a well-known name I can't see her winning with this song.

Last year I believed The Black Mamba were the best option and they weren't the faves since the begining. I hope the same happens with DÉGRÁ.DÊ xD

I think ESC jury would kill "DE.GRADE" though.. :( xcry

One fan from Portugal on other site told me lyrics of this entry are political? xshrug

What are they talking about? xthink

What about Fado Bicha – “Povo pequenino” for you? :mrgreen: :lol:
They seem the most Portuguese out of all entries of 2022 FdC! Right? :D

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think ESC jury would kill "DE.GRADE" though.. :( xcry

One fan from Portugal on other site told me lyrics of this entry are political? xshrug

What are they talking about? xthink

What about Fado Bicha – “Povo pequenino” for you? :mrgreen: :lol:
They seem the most Portuguese out of all entries of 2022 FdC! Right? :D

I'm not so sure they would kill it. If the staging is VERY GOOD they wouldn't kill it. Some people say it's Conan Osiris vibes but I couldn't disagree more. Conan was very alternative and awkwardishh. I love him and the song but the staging was... awkward.

The lyrics of DÉGRÁ.DÊ aren't political, they are simply talking about racism and that people shouldn't be ashamed of their skin colour. They should be proud of their own uniqueness. At least that's what I get from it.

Fado Bicha is nice and they do have a nice fado twist. Most of the songs are pretty portuguese. All of them could be airing at some portuguese radio station right now. Fado Bicha might be the most traditional but I mean... To me DÉGRÁ.DÊ is actually VERY portuguese. We do have a lot of african influences and there's a lot of immigrants that came from Angola, Mozambique... To me it's our essence. It's part of us and our history.

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

lacrymea

This sounds really interersting too, I usually don't like bilingual, but this slaps.. love it..hope live can be good... :)

One of my favorites too. Instant love. And I usually don't like bilingual, but I don't really mind it here. It's well crafted.

FabiESC

My Ranking

01 Aurea - Why 8/10
02 SYRO - Ainda nos Temos 8/10
03 Pepperoni Passion - Código 30 6/10
04 Jonas - Pontas Soltas 5/10
05 Fado Bicha - Povo pequenino 5/10
06 The Mister Driver - Cali Sun 5/10
07 Cubita - Uma Mensagem Tua 4/10
08 Blacci - Mar No Fim 4/10
09 Diana Castro - Ginger Ale 4/10
10 Pongo & Tristany - Dégra.Dê 3/10
11 FF - Como É Bom Esperar Alguém 3/10
12 O Vampiro Submarino - Ao Lado de Mim 3/10
13 Milhanas - Corpo de Mulher 2/10
14 Kumpania Algazarra - A Minha Praia 2/10
15 Os Quatro e Meia - Amanhã 1/10
16 Os Azeitonas - Solta a Voz e Canta 1/10
17 Norton - Hope 1/10
18 Valas & Os Astronautas - Odisseias 0/10
19 Maro - saudade, saudade 0/10
20 Inês Homem de Melo - Fome de Viagem 0/10

Mrm

Veteran
What about Inês Homem de Melo - "Fome de Viagem"? lol :lol:

I really do not like it, smth is annoying about it.. :D

One fan from Portugal wrote me this about it:

‘Fome de Viagem’ is a very strange song; it’s about someone who is tired of being home (COVID lockdowns and so on) and just wants to travel and be happy. I am not a fan of all the language changes, but she could impress many voters, if she nails it live – the juries will probably ignore her.

njdevils94

Veteran
What about Inês Homem de Melo - "Fome de Viagem"? lol :lol:

I really do not like it, smth is annoying about it.. :D

One fan from Portugal wrote me this about it:

‘Fome de Viagem’ is a very strange song; it’s about someone who is tired of being home (COVID lockdowns and so on) and just wants to travel and be happy. I am not a fan of all the language changes, but she could impress many voters, if she nails it live – the juries will probably ignore her.
I like Fome de Viagem but understand your reasons for not liking it. :lol: Sounds like a Eurovision entry from the 50's and a hybrid of Primavera and Passe-Partout. Her bio lists her as a singer of world music which is a pretty rare genre in general.

• Like It

Mimmon

Veteran
Im amazed how I survived a week without hearing any new NF songs (exceptions ofcourse like UMK and Gebrasy/Ruta Loop) So I am looking forward after Lithuania nf watching listen and rank them....

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Blacci - Mar No Fim = 10/10
Diana Castro - Ginger Ale = 9/10
MARO - saudade, saudade = 9/10
Fado Bicha - Povo pequenino = 9/10
Pepperoni Passion - Código 30 = 8/10
O Vampiro Submarino - Ao Lado de Mim = 7/10
Inês Homem de Melo - Fome de Viagem 7/10
FF - Como É Bom Esperar Alguém = 7/10
Milhanas - Corpo de Mulher = 7/10
Os Quatro e Meia - Amanhã = 7/10 @Morocco2021 obviously put this group together himself
Pongo e Tristany - DÉGRÁ.DÊ = 6/10
Os Azeitonas - Solta a Voz e Canta = 6/10
Jonas - Pontas Soltas = 6/10
TheMisterDriver - Calisun = 6/10
Norton - Hope = 6/10
Kumpania Algazarra - A Minha Praia = 6/10
SYRO - Ainda nos Temos = 5/10
Aurea - Why? = 5/10
Cubita - Uma Mensagem Tua = 4/10

Very pleasant NF again as expected from Portugal. I found that this year it didn't drag quite as much as previous editions of the festival. Often the songs tend to blend into one but this time it felt like they had more room the breathe.. which is odd as it's more or less the same as usual.

I got goosebumps the moment Mar No Fim started. I really enjoyed some of the other songs here but that was the clear standout for me. It's ever so lush and haunting. Should be an event live. Ginger Ale actually had me grooving in bed with my morning cup of tea. What an ear worm. Saudade, saudade is just gorgeous. Lovely vibe to it. The kind of song that allows you to easily get lost. Povo pequenino is the most creative song in this national final and the risks taken pay off. Love those woozy alien synths that come in. It's a delightfully dynamic song.

• Hatrið

FilipeGolias

:love:
01. SYRO - "Ainda nos temos" (We still have each other)
02. Fado Bicha - "Povo pequenino" (Small-minded people)
03. Os Quatro e Meia - "Amanhã" (Tomorrow)
04. Pongo & Tristany - "DÉGRÁ.DÊ"
05. MARO - "saudade, saudade"
06. Cubita - "Uma mensagem tua"
(A message from you)

:cool:
07. Blacci - "Mar no fim" (Sea in the end)
08. Aurea - "Why?"
09. Jonas - "Pontas soltas"
(Loose ends)

:D
10. Milhanas - "Corpo de mulher" (Woman's body)
11. TheMisterDriver - "Calisun"
12. Pepperoni Passion - "Código 30"
(Code 30)
13. Valas & Os Astronautas - "Odisseia" (Odyssey)

:)
14. Diana Castro - "Ginger Ale"
15. Os Azeitonas - "Solta a voz e canta"
(Free your voice and sing)
16. Norton - "Hope"

:cautious:
17. Inês Homem de Melo - "Fome de viagem" (Hunger of travel)
18. FF - "Como é bom esperar alguém" (How good it is to wait for someone)
19. O Vampiro Submarino - "Ao lado de mim" (By my side)
20. Kumpania Algazarra - "A minha praia" (My beach)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
v7Pwvwf.gif

ok, I reacted.

I died and was reborn [10] 🙌 🥺 🔥 🥵
-

These are great, love them [8-9] 🌟
-lel seriously

Average, kinda like them [6-7] 🙂
Pongo e Tristany - Degra.De 7
Jonas - Pontas Soltas 7
Kumpania Algazarra - A Minha Praia 7
SYRO - Ainda nos Temos 7
Maro - Saudade, Saudade 6

Eh. Not good, not awful [4-5] 😶
Cubita - Uma Mensagem Tua 5
TheMisterDriver - Calisun 5
Os Quatro e Meia - Amanha 5
Milhanas - Corpo de Mulher 5
Blacci - Mar No Fim 5
Fado Bicha - Povo Pequenino 5
Norton - Hope 4
Os Azeitonas - Solta a Voz a Canta 4
FF - Como E Bom Esperar Alguem 4
Diana Castro - Ginger Ale 4

Bleh, don't get me started [3-2] 😒
Ines Homem de Melo - Fome de Viagem 3
O Vampiro Submarino - Ao Lado de Mim 3
Aurea - Why? 3
Pepperoni Passion - Codigo 30 3
Valas & Os Astronautas - Odisseia 3

Tragic mess [1] 🤢
-

Me with this nf:
oJJgc6H.png

Lemme start of nice, 5 of the songs I did quite like. They weren't bad at all, and had a lot of potential. Pongo e Tristany were easily the best for me, at least it stood out from the rest and I think it would be quite a unique entry for Portugal to go for. Any of the others in that category would be decent also. Now the problem, which for me is a recurring theme for me year after year nowadays. FdC is filled to the brim with boring, lifeless and just all out irritating songs. I felt like I had listened to the same song almost 20 times over and quite frankly I don't know why I bother listening because this NF is never really to my taste at all. There is some diversity here, but ofc the diversity is minor that it might as well not exist. Most, if not all of these entries have a similar vibe and a certain agenda. It's really become one of the overall weakest (and the weakest that i've listened to so far this year) NFs. I have nothing really to add other than I think the NF sucks except for the handful I liked a bit. Good luck Portugal ✌️

i anixi

Overall it's all un for me. A very uninteresting, uninspired, unambitious, unexciting lot. Heard it all before, was never impressed first time even. Not looking forward to hearing any of these so soon again. Maybe Pongo will take advantage of the live stage and make some kind of sense show wise? Let's hope so.

• Scream

Decayingbooks

For anyone curious, escportugal just published the ranking of views at 18h15 gmt of today:

1.º Aurea - "Why?" - 52 612 views
2.º Os Quatro E Meia - "Amanhã" - 40 442 views
3.º Syro - "Ainda Nos Temos" - 40 416 views
4.º Fado Bicha - "Povo Pequenino" - 36 030 views
5.º Maro - "saudade, saudade - 32 479 views
6.º FF - "Bom Esperar Alguém" - 31 704 views
7.º pongo & Tristany - "Dégrá.dê" - 29 881 views
8.º Diana Castro - "Ginger Ale" - 22 588 views
9.º Milhanas - "Corpo de Mulher" - 22 033 views
10.º Kumpanhia Algazarra - "A Minha Praia" - 19 920 views
11.º Os Azeitonas - "Solta a Voz E Canta" - 19 767 views
12.º Blacci - "Mar No Fim" - 19 749 views
13.º Inês Homem de Melo - "Fome de Viagem" - 18 865 views
14.º The Mister Driver - "CaliSun" - 18 621 views
15.º Cubita - "Uma Mensagem Tua" - 16 651 views
16.º Jonas - "Pontas Soltas" - 16 606 views
17.º Norton - "Hope" - 15 834 views
18.º Valas & Os Astronautas - "Odisseia" - 15 433 views
19.º Vampiro Submarino - "Ao Lado de Mim" - 15 396 views
20.º Pepperoni Passion - "Código 30" - 15 073 views

Ladynoir

Before starting, I just want to say that the FDC's design always slaps. It's just so beautiful, please give the designer a raise !

Now, let's talk about the national final in itself. You know what I love about it ? They just don't give a flying fuck about being eurovision friendly. Each song is a ride and even if sometimes I struggle to finish some of the songs, it's nice to listen to some music styles I would never listen to otherwise. Overall, I find the quality of this edition higher than the last one. I'm just a bit sad that there isn't as much fado as there usually is (I'm just a big fado lover, lol). But since I've liked more songs that I did last year, I'm cool with it.

My top (I will comment on my absolute favorite ones)

1 - Maro - Saudade, Saudade : this one feel like the lingering memory of a warm hug. It stires something strong in me xheart.
2 - Jonas - Pontas Soltas : the chorus ? Give me more of it. This is so intense and sophisticated !
3- Fado Bicha - Povo Pequenino : the rhythm is a vibe, the voice is strong, the lyrics are great, there is fado... what else can i ask for ?
4 - Pongo & Tristany - Degra.Dé : Y'all calling it a mess ? Please. You just don't get the style of this song and it's ok to admit it. this one makes me wanna dance until the end of the night. It's so modern and the message good ! Honestly I'd kill to see Portugal being represented by a song like this one day (maybe this year ?)
5 - Norton - Hope : it's the type of music I listen the most to outside of eurovision
6 - Syro - Ainda Nos Temos : very emotional but even tho I like it he was so hyped that I was expecting something a bit better
7 - Os Cuatro E Meia - Amanha : I knew this band before and I like them a lot. Simple but efficient, I knew they wouldn't disappoint.
8 - Blacci - Mar No Fim : dreamy, she has such a sweet voice (I wished the end would have been a bit stronger)
9 - Cubita - Uma Mensagem Tua
10 - Diana Castro - Ginger Ale
11- Milhanas - Corpo de Mulher
12 - Aurea - Why ?
13 - TheMisterDriver - Calisun
14 - Como E Bom Esperar Alguém
15 - Os Azeitonas - Solta a Voz e Canta
16 - Kumpania Algazarra - A Minha Praia
17 - Pepperoni Passion - Codigo 30
18 - Ines Homem de Melo - Fome de Viagem
19 - O Vampiro Sbmarino - Ao Lado de Mim
20 - Valas & Os Astronautas - Odisseia

I love 1 to 8, but 1 to 4 are so special to me that I would LOVE to see them represent Portugal this year. 9 to 13 are lovely, not my favorites but it's cool. I'm not vibing with the rest (especially the last one).

I know Aurea is very popular but I lowkey hope her name won't be the reason of her victory. The song is cute but there are so many great and much more original options in the selection.

lacrymea

I'm obsessed with Maro's song. Can't get that chorus out of my head. I think the song will be appreciated by the jury, but I don't see much hype among the Portuguese fans. People seem to be mostly excited with Aurea, Syro and Fado Bicha.

Ladynoir

I'm obsessed with Maro's song. Can't get that chorus out of my head. I think the song will be appreciated by the jury, but I don't see much hype among the Portuguese fans. People seem to be mostly excited with Aurea, Syro and Fado Bicha.
That's what I was fearing. :censored:
I'm surprised isn't Pongo part of the favorites too ? I mean, from what I style of the song is super popular on the radio. I'm kinda expecting the public to back it up (unless the general public doesn't vote for the selection like it's the case for the french national final)

Top Bottom