Says it in a better way

Nothing more that I can say
Says it in a better way

I’ve tried, alright
But it’s killing me inside
Thought you’d be by my side always

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Last year the portuguese judges gave a 12 to Bulgaria and Aurea falls into that kind of indie ballad, with the biggest fanbase of the competition it will be easy for her to win the contest.
The only way that it don't happen is if Syro beats her, that is also a indie ballad and he has a big fanbase, but me, personally, would rather see Portugal not send a ballad and trying something new like Pongo and Tristany, but Pongo and Tristany is the type of song that can fall flat with the wrong staging and the Conan Osiris vibes that it gives me can be a bad omen.
I have no idea what to think of "degra.de", it's telemoveis on crack in the same way foma de viagem is passe-partout on roids. i'll reserve judgement until i see it live. (having said that, europe probably won't get it and it'll bomb terribly)

I really like Syro's ballad and i would be satisfied if he won. Personally I'd prefer a more uptempo boppish song but that's too much to ask for in FdC.

EscGeek

Veteran
This could be something for @EscGeek ?

In the old days (pre 2020) a song like this would easilly be my fave, and most likely the only one i'd like, but RTP really upgraded this festival (or am i just getting older? :eek:)

My winner is Ines..xyaaay surprising or not, you guys be the judge.. i know i can be predictable af.. :lol:
It was a close race between my top 2, but Ines's song is more unique and i think it has that something extra.
(I liked Passe-Partout too, since we're comparing)

1-Inês Homem de Melo "Fome de viagem"
2-TheMisterDriver "Calisun"
3-Kumpania Algazarra "A minha praia"
4-Pepperoni Passion "Código 30"
5-O Vampiro Submarino "Ao lado de mim"

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Oh Portugal you'll never cease to amaze me ! A lot of really really good stuff here, but man, Pongo x Tristany is another level. It grabs you right from the start and keeps you focused during the whole three minutes, Pongo's arrival into the track is just FIRE. I just hope the live version will be great because i wanna see this kind of music SO MUCH in the contest.

My favourite tracks in the selection :
Pongo x Tristany
Os Azeitonas
Diana Castro
Fado Bicha (the very end is weird tho, but i really liked this track)
Syro (best ballad in the selection hands down)
Inês Homem de Melo

But tbh i wouldn't mind any of the tracks, there no single one i really dislike. Parabéns !

Zeus

Maro - Saudade, Saudade stands out for me. Not a big fan of the rest.

Decayingbooks

I have no idea what to think of "degra.de", it's telemoveis on crack in the same way foma de viagem is passe-partout on roids. i'll reserve judgement until i see it live. (having said that, europe probably won't get it and it'll bomb terribly)

I really like Syro's ballad and i would be satisfied if he won. Personally I'd prefer a more uptempo boppish song but that's too much to ask for in FdC.
Pongo's song is easier to get into and understand than Telemoveis was, but yea, I can see it not working and die in de sf. Also it is about racism and last year all the blm songs bombed, so having a message is not a plus.
"Fome de Viagem"(hunger/hungry for travel) can be a darkhorse it is weird, it is quirky, but it is a high impact song that disney fans and fans of musicals will love, as long as it has a great staging ant the singer can deliver the crazyness of the studio version on stage and I honestly don't know if she can do it.

CaraMia

So far, I think that besides Fado Bicha, I´ll settle for this to be my favourite
It's my absolute favourite as well. That instrumental just looks like Madredeus and Zeljko Joksimovic decided to do a collab. I have a strong feeling this is going to be the dark horse of this edition.
He's also my favourite. Who is the favourite to win though, who has got the biggest fanbase before the live performances?
Aurea and Syro (and out of these, probably Aurea).

Mrm

Veteran
My ranking based on studio versions:

1. Cubita – “Uma mensagem tua” 10/10 xheart
2. Pongo & Tristany – “Dégrá.dê” 10/10 xheart
3. Maro – “Saudade, saudade” 10/10 xheart
4. Aurea – “Why?” 10/10 xheart
5. Fado Bicha – “Povo pequenino” 10/10 xheart
6. Pepperoni Passion – “Código 30” 9/10
7. Milhanas – “Corpo de mulher” 9/10
8. Syro – “Ainda nos temos” 9/10
9. Os Quatro e Meia – “Amanhã” 8/10
10. Valas & Os Astronautas – “Odisseia” 7/10
11. FF – “Como é bom esperar alguém” 6/10
12. Jonas – “Pontas soltas” 6/10
13. Blacci – “Mar no fim” 6/10
14. Os Azeitonas – “Solta a voz e canta” 6/10
15. O Vampiro Submarino – “Ao lado de mim” 5/10
16. TheMisterDriver – “Calisun” 5/10
17. Inês Homem de Melo – “Fome de viagem” 4/10
18. Diana Castro – “Ginger Ale” 4/10
19. Norton – “Hope” 4/10
20. Kumpania Algazarra – “A minha praia” 3/10

Mrm

Veteran
Gooosh I want that African sound in Turin..

This would be smth extraordinary, fresh, new, different... xlove xheart

But Cubita’s entry fits to my taste way too much, not to be my no1, it is right up my alley... xbow

lacrymea

Gooosh I want that African sound in Turin..

This would be smth extraordinary, fresh, new, different... xlove xheart

But Cubita’s entry fits to my taste way too much, not to be my no1, it is right up my alley... xbow
I think it's about time Portugal sends something with African flavor, because it's an integral part of the local/commercial music scene for the past few years. It totally makes sense.

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
She was born on Angola, but her parents came to Portugal due to Angolan Civil War when she was still a child.
She was a vocalist for Buraka Som Sistema for a while, her most popular song with them is:
Thank you, awesome....I'm stunned....

LivingOrganism

Syro's song is a real masterpiece, it's modern and beautiful, I simply love the vocals. I also like FF, his song has something very romantic and magical to it. There are other good ones in the contest, but these two are definitely my favorites for now.

Mrm

Veteran
This sounds really interersting too, I usually don't like bilingual, but this slaps.. love it..hope live can be good... :)

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
This sounds really interersting too, I usually don't like bilingual, but this slaps.. love it..hope live can be good... :)

It's really growing on me this one. Very beautiful.

For now my chosen acts from FdC to Eurovision are:

1 - Pongo & Tristany: DÉGRÁ.DÊ
2 - SYRO: Ainda nos temos
3 - TheMisterDriver: Calisun
4 - MARO: saudade, saudade
5 - Norton: Hope

Let's see if it changes has the days go by.

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm
Top Bottom