Nothing more that I can say
Says it in a better way

Nothing more that I can say
Says it in a better way

I’ve tried, alright
But it’s killing me inside
Thought you’d be by my side always

Ladynoir

I don't think Syro getting the "death spot" means anything in a national final with only 10 songs competing. If he delivers, he has a chance to win.

I'm expecting Aurea to win the jury but I am crossing my fingers that the public will support Maro fully. If she doesn't win, I hope either Pongo & Tristany win or Syro. But Tristany really has to improve his vocals, he was totally off during the semi final while Pongo carried the whole song on her back.

Anyway, it's gonna be an interesting national final. The last one of the year, if I'm not mistaken ? Quite a great way to finish the national final season !

Jonkonfui

I want Corpo de Mulher to win... But i think it would do shit at Esc (unfortunately people dont have my exquisite musical taste) so send the De.grade thing... Dont send the Matrix guy.

Zeus

Really hope Maro will win this. Hopefully she changes her outfit (no yellow pls) and the staging (dimmed lights, more red)..

I guess the juries will give her a good score, televotes is the bigger concern for me.

i anixi

Really hope Maro will win this. Hopefully she changes her outfit (no yellow pls) and the staging (dimmed lights, more red)..

I guess the juries will give her a good score, televotes is the bigger concern for me.
Since we are in a changing mood, she should also take advantage of the moment and change her song too. And the lyrics, decide for one language for instance. She could go all the way and change her name as well! It could have been her parents unfortunate choice which would make it all right as it was no fault of hers, but I suspect it is her artistic name. Maro, indeed. Could it be more cheesy and pretentious than that? 🙄

Decayingbooks

I guess this won't be all that popular but I have a soft spot for "Fome de viagem". There's definitely something endearing about it.

I suppose it wouldn't be the best fit for Eurovision but I can't help liking it.
I think "Fome de Viagem" could work really well in eurovision, solely because it is a family friendly song that kids at home could find funny and older people may like as it sounds like an old musical. Not sure if that would mean that it would gain votes, but Denmark in 2019 had also a disney-esque song that ended up in 12th place in the final and, although people seem to not talk about it, Portugal won with a disney-esque song in 2017.

EscGeek

Veteran
Judging by the number of views on youtube, there's not much hype around "Fome de viagem".. xcry
Can i still hope for a miracle?

If not, i'll lower the bar: If it's between Syro, Maro and Aurea I'd pick Aurea but not as my favorite but more like as the lesser evil. :lol:

Zeus

Since we are in a changing mood, she should also take advantage of the moment and change her song too. And the lyrics, decide for one language for instance. She could go all the way and change her name as well! It could have been her parents unfortunate choice which would make it all right as it was no fault of hers, but I suspect it is her artistic name. Maro, indeed. Could it be more cheesy and pretentious than that? 🙄
Changed my mind, I now believe the only thing that really needs changing is your diaper.

goncalovieira

Spotify top 10 (via ESCPortugal)

1. Maro - "saudade, saudade" - 210 000 streams

2. Os Quatro E Meia - "Amanhã" - 93 884 streams

3. Syro - "Ainda Nos Temos" - 85 147 streams

4. Pongo & Tristany - "Dé.grá.dê" - 64 020 streams

5. Aurea - "Why?" - 52 892 streams

6. FF - "Como É Bom Esperar Alguém" - 39 042 streams

7. Diana Castro - "Ginger Ale" - 35 251 streams

8. Milhanas - "Corpo de Mulher" - 28 205 streams

9. Inês Homem de Melo - "Fome De Viagem" - 26 780 streams

10. Pepperoni Passion - "Código 30" - 18 613 streams

Ezio

Veteran
I can only listen to "saudade, saudade" with ease. I would give it 8 to 10 points right away. Last year's final was much more interesting but the result was a desaster.

goncalovieira

At least for me, this year is way more competitive.
We have 4/5 songs ready to Q in Eurovision.

Mattan

Pongo & Tristany and MARO are my personal favourites here, and because the former seem to be a vain hope, MARO it is. The song would easily be in my top 5, and hopefully it's something that Portugal would listen to - at least looking at the Spotify numbers, it seems to be.

Hamsterwheel

I am on the Maro train. I only want saudade type feelings come the eurovision contest, not at her not winning tonight! It will hit my top spot, so lots riding on this for me....

Last edited:

JSSArcos

It's the most unpredictable year. Anything can happen...

I think Maro will win the jury. but in televoting anything can happen.

prepared to vote 5x. in principle, it will only be for Maro. but let's see it live

Top Bottom