Nothing more that I can say
Says it in a better way

Nothing more that I can say
Says it in a better way

I’ve tried, alright
But it’s killing me inside
Thought you’d be by my side always

i anixi

Regarding Maro's songy, I really can't imagine how anybody would want a monocordic, hardly audible, bilingual tune to compete with another 40 others in the eurovision madness. Who would even notice it was there?
I can only imagine they are people harbouring ill wishes for Portugal's fate in ESC come May... There are however such individuals and not in so small a number. It's amazing...

Last edited:

kamc

Maro’s song is like an oasis of three minutes dreamlike calm in a chaotic world. It’s so appealing.
She needs to completely rethink that staging though. Maybe if she could recreate that group/buddy “singing together” feeling from the acoustic video or something.

Last edited:

DanielLuis

Regarding Maro's songy, I really can't imagine how anybody would want a monocording, hardly audible, bilingual tune to compete with another 40 others in the eurovision madness. Who would even notice it was there?
I can only imagine they are people harbouring ill wishes for Portugal's fate in ESC come May... There are however such individuals and not in so small a number. It's amazing...
This sounds like a comment taken straight from March 2017.

i anixi

This sounds like a comment taken straight from March 2017.
Right... Except that this has nothing whatsoever to do with APD. I had a sneaking suspicion people were confused though. Ever since 2017 everyone around here turned kind of alternative, with no clue as to what alternative actually is. APD at the time was pure magic indeed. This is just 3 minutes of nothing, bearing a sad remake of Cesaria Evora for a chorus. But oh well, each to their own...

mercachita

I'm fully Team Maro! Love the music, and I've been listening it all week. I really hope that she can make some changes on the stage, because I feel that it's the song with the most potencial and that needs to be shared with all our European friends.

Decayingbooks

Maro just confirmed on instagram.
She will make some changes about the staging.
To be fair in this post:

Maro says that: next saturday things will be diferent - more special.
That sadly, it isn't only the presentation that counts and for her to have a chance to bring "Saudade Saudade" to Turin, you should vote now.
That if people like her song and believe what she can prepare for eurovision to start voting.

There's no confirmation of any changes for next Saturday, there's a hint, but she is aware that the staging sucked and that her staging will be different on the esc stage.

Jonkonfui

Corpo de mulher is the best... Very beautiful song but tell her to wear something normal.

aef

I really hope for a Maro victory, I fell in love with her song. The live performance lifted this up a lot for me. So charming and calming.

Zonne147

Festival da Canção 2022 - My top 10

Os Quatro E Meia - Amanhã - 7/10
FF - Como é bom esperar alguém - 7/10

Aurea - Why - 6/10
Milhanas - Corpo de Mulher - 6/10
Syro - Ainda Nos Temos - 5/10
Pongo & Tristany - Dégrá.dê - 5/10
Maro - Saudade, saudade - 5/10

Diana Castro - Ginger Ale - 4/10
Pepperoni Passion - Código 30 - 3/10
Inês Homem de Melo - Fome de Viagem - 3/10

This ranking is unpopular for sure, but I want one of my top 2 songs to represent my country, which is quite unlikely, especially for FF, but I think almost anything can happen this year. Os Quatro E Meia have one or two songs that I like even more than Amanhã, as I have said here before, but the live performance was amazing, I love the buildup and their vocals. My other favorite is FF, something I'd never expected before. A beautiful song with a hauntingly beautiful melody, I love the strings, true that it could have a bit more going on, but I'm also living for his dramatic interpretation.

On the other hand, Aurea is a fader and it's not her fault, for sure. She was perfect as always, but I concluded that I don't like her as much as my top 2 songs. Syro and Maro are definitely in contention, but I just can't get into them, Ainda Nos Temos kind of grew a bit on me, it has a nice hook, but the melody just doesn't appeal as much as others here. I find Maro a bit boring as it feels that the song isn't going anywhere and the melody doesn't do anything for me. I find the whole thing quite monotonous, but I enjoy her unique and distinctive voice, and I see why this is some people's cup of tea.

It's hard to predict who's going to win FdC this year, in my opinion. I see lots and lots of possible scenarios, but I believe it will be one of Aurea, Syro, Maro, or Os Quatro E Meia. May the best win xcheer

i anixi

Is it really like a race between Aurea and Maro? "Why" is quite boring, and "saudate, saudate" is okay, but nothing more. I really love "Amanha" (I know it has no chance) and „Código 30“ would be refreshing!
What you describe exists, certainly, and it even occasionally comes to eurovision (hello Bulgaria 2020/21) but this is not it, no matter what this mad wave of support is making of it.

i anixi

Festival da Canção 2022 - My top 10

Os Quatro E Meia - Amanhã - 7/10
FF - Como é bom esperar alguém - 7/10

Aurea - Why - 6/10
Milhanas - Corpo de Mulher - 6/10
Syro - Ainda Nos Temos - 5/10
Pongo & Tristany - Dégrá.dê - 5/10
Maro - Saudade, saudade - 5/10

Diana Castro - Ginger Ale - 4/10
Pepperoni Passion - Código 30 - 3/10
Inês Homem de Melo - Fome de Viagem - 3/10

This ranking is unpopular for sure, but I want one of my top 2 songs to represent my country, which is quite unlikely, especially for FF, but I think almost anything can happen this year. Os Quatro E Meia have one or two songs that I like even more than Amanhã, as I have said here before, but the live performance was amazing, I love the buildup and their vocals. My other favorite is FF, something I'd never expected before. A beautiful song with a hauntingly beautiful melody, I love the strings, true that it could have a bit more going on, but I'm also living for his dramatic interpretation.

On the other hand, Aurea is a fader and it's not her fault, for sure. She was perfect as always, but I concluded that I don't like her as much as my top 2 songs. Syro and Maro are definitely in contention, but I just can't get into them, Ainda Nos Temos kind of grew a bit on me, it has a nice hook, but the melody just doesn't appeal as much as others here. I find Maro a bit boring as it feels that the song isn't going anywhere and the melody doesn't do anything for me. I find the whole thing quite monotonous, but I enjoy her unique and distinctive voice, and I see why this is some people's cup of tea.

It's hard to predict who's going to win FdC this year, in my opinion. I see lots and lots of possible scenarios, but I believe it will be one of Aurea, Syro, Maro, or Os Quatro E Meia. May the best win xcheer
I'm 100% with you mate! As a matter of fact I found myself enjoying FF's song against my own judgment and suddenly the expression guilty pleasure made sense for the first time, haha! I certainly am not a fan of that old fashioned way of singing, or of the way he sings some words as if he were a very old person from another age, and yet... There's something in it, a strong emotion that pulls you inside and makes you relate to the whole thing. I would be shocked, but I would not be unhappy if it won. Not gonna happen though... Still, "Amanhã" remains my absolute favorite and I could see it reaching top 10 in the eurovision final. Unfortunately it's not going to happen either and we're sure to go back to missing that final all over again... Aurea big star is in for a great humiliation out there, which is a shame as she is a very good singer with several good songs in her history.

Hamsterwheel

I think it's a strong line up this year, half of the entries will end up topping my overall rankings but I am desperately hoping for a Maro win. (Hello everyone, this is my first post aptly in what is usually my favourite NF, I have left another forum that seems to be dying a slow death)

I am still upset about Fado Bicha not qualifying but outside of that will be content with quite a few of the others winning (once I get over Maro not winning that is...xexcuseme)

i anixi

What you describe exists, certainly, and it even occasionally comes to eurovision (hello Bulgaria 2020/21) but this is not it, no matter what this mad wave of support is making of it.
I was answering kamc, lol. Can't understand how it ended up here :/

goncalovieira

Well, I am feeling way more confident about Maro. Even though, I think it will be a hard run between her and Aurea.

Decayingbooks

I think Maro has a chance of winning, although Aurea is the most viewed video on youtube she isn't the most liked nor the most commented, Maro is, the fact that Maro has generated more engagement may be an indicator that people will be more likely to vote for her. Also Maro is the first place on the "Viral50 - Portugal" on spotify and although there others songs from the contest in that chart, none of them is Aurea's song, reinforcing my speculation that Aurea will flop in the televote.
But I might be terribly wrong, this year is really hard to predic as there isn't a single artist that can win by landslide, but either Maro or Aurea seem to be the ones that can hit the sweet spot of both public and judges.

Top Bottom