Love is…
Love is…
Love is…

Love is on my side
Maybe not tonight​

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
When I had heard the songs from semi 1, I didn't care much about since there was no song that I liked ... now I watched all the songs that go to the final from semi 1, and I adore Valeria. Stunning.
So please, Valeria, Pedro or Neev for me.

crashworld

Veteran
I have never been so lukewarm or underwhelmed for a NF. I can conclude Portuguese music is just not for me.
Songs 5, 6, 7 and 10 in SF2 are actually alright for me, but still not strong enough for me to latch on.
It feels like more than 50% of the songs are very chill and laid-back, like your typical lounge/elevator music. Or music that your hear in those classy & posh restaurants/malls.

crashworld

Veteran
After listening to the studio version of the finalists on Spotify, these are my top 3:
1. Saudade
2. Joana do mar
3. Não vou ficar

But I still feel underwhelmed though coz there isn't a wide variety in the sounds, especially the ballads/mid-tempos, they do start to sound quite samey-samey after a while.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
As long as i have much favorites in this selection, i have to say that if i had to send one it would be Valéria.
Her performance takes my breath away at every listen, i somewhat think that the end of her song could be a major moment in Rotterdam.

Wouldn't mind Karetus x Bairos win the whole thing, even tho i'm still seeing in Saudade some kind of weaker Telemoveis copycat.
Wouldn't mind Carolina Deslandes neither, i'm not into the song but seems she's a pro and she knows what she's doing.
Everything but Fabia Maia please.

Decayingbooks

Carolina and Neev are trending on youtube, with Carolina with over 39k views and Neev over 34k(for comparison 24h after the semifinal Karetus had over 41k views).
I think Carolina, Neev and Karetus will be the top 3 of the televote.
At this point Carolina winning festival da canção is the most likely outcome, she has the most jury friendly song of the 3 and with her having the biggest number of followers on social media and with other big name singers like Jimmy P and Barbara Bandeira asking their followers to vote on her during the semifinal she could easily win the 12 from the televote.

VikingTiger

Actually seeing Neev live made me like the song more. It's still not my favourite, but I can certainly see why people like this. And he would probably do rather well in Rotterdam!
Karetus was a bit disappointing live though. Saudade needs something to lift whole act. Still my favourite though!
Carolina? I could live with her winning too .

MAD20

Karetus or Joana please. Not gonna say it too loud cause always I do it Portugal goes straight in the opposite direction. Still crying for Barbara Tinoco last year.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Carolina and Neev are trending on youtube, with Carolina with over 39k views and Neev over 34k(for comparison 24h after the semifinal Karetus had over 41k views).
I think Carolina, Neev and Karetus will be the top 3 of the televote.
At this point Carolina winning festival da canção is the most likely outcome, she has the most jury friendly song of the 3 and with her having the biggest number of followers on social media and with other big name singers like Jimmy P and Barbara Bandeira asking their followers to vote on her during the semifinal she could easily win the 12 from the televote.

I do have other favourites ("The Black Mamba" xheart) but Carolina winning wouldn't make my heart break. It still has way more quality than what we were used to send to eurovision. I just fear it won't have a lot of support and will struggle to qualify.

Sammy

Veteran
Carolina reminds me a lot of "o jardim", especially in the beginning. I doubt that would be a choice to get into the final.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Good fucking lord that SALVADUNCAN brat neev had better not win. I don't give two shits about Carolina, but if she can slay him I'm all in for it. GO FORTH AND CONQUER, MY SWEET PAINT-ON-FRECKLED, BRICK-DRESS-WEARING GREMLINESS.

Ideally though, 'Saudade' just wins. Provided Romeu finally realizes he's on a stage and should perform, rather than just sing with zero affect, mhm yes?

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Good fucking lord that SALVADUNCAN brat neev had better not win. I don't give two shits about Carolina, but if she can slay him I'm all in for it. GO FORTH AND CONQUER, MY SWEET PAINT-ON-FRECKLED, BRICK-DRESS-WEARING GREMLINESS.

Ideally though, 'Saudade' just wins. Provided Romeu finally realizes he's on a stage and should perform, rather than just sing with zero affect, mhm yes?
i love you

Decayingbooks

So, for comparison, at 23h30, last sunday I wrote down the number of views of the live performance videos in the semifinal and did the same this sunday, as a result i got the ranking:

1 - Carolina Deslandes - 70k
2 - Neev - 51k
3 - Karetus & Romeo Bairos - 41k
4 - Pedro Gonçalves - 27k
5 - Black Mamba - 20k
6 - Joana Alegre - 19k
7 - Valéria - 16k
8 - Sara Afonso - 16k
9- Eu.Clides - 16k
10 - Fábia Maia - 13k

Note: The 7, 8 and 9 can be interchanged as I only wrote down 16k last sunday.

I believe the televote will most likely be very similar, with Carolina, Neev or Karetus winning the competition, it will all depends in how the judges will vote.
Carolina is the most jury friendly of the three, Neev has the problem of singing in english but the regional judges can be a wildcard (in 2017 the ones from Algarve gave a 12 to Pedro Gonçalves who sang in english), Karetus are the ones that I can see scoring lower, it is a "weird" entry that lacks Conan's charisma, it will either work really well with the judges or will not.

JSSArcos

I think we will have the most surprising and interesting final in the last few years

The Portuguese community fans of Eurovision, want NEEV. In the facebook group and YouTube this is very visible

However, Carolina and Karetus, will have many votes from fans (even many of these, not being within the Eurovision)

Váleria can be a good surprise, on televoto, fado has been well voted in recent years, with Peu Madureira being 8 points in 2018. And the jury can vote very high on that.

I think the victory is in these four ...

Sara Afonso may be top 3 in the jury, but the televote will not give her more than 6 points
Black Mamba seems like a common place for televote and jury, 6 or 5 points in both

it will be an interesting and exciting year until the last second, looking forward to meeting the jury too

Top Bottom