Maybe not tonight

Love is…
Love is…
Love is…

Love is on my side
Maybe not tonight​

Last edited by a moderator:

Carian

Just here to say that Black Mamba is Ana Soklič's favorite entry to ESC this year. When asked in an interview on the ESC page, she shot without second thought: BLACK MAMBA, Portugal (and she did not mention anyone else xwave).

So, Slovenia approves Black Mamba hahaha. Good luck Portugal in your semis!

EscGeek

Veteran
Just here to say that Black Mamba is Ana Soklič's favorite entry to ESC this year. When asked in an interview on the ESC page, she shot without second thought: BLACK MAMBA, Portugal (and she did not mention anyone else xwave).

So, Slovenia approves Black Mamba hahaha. Good luck Portugal in your semis!

*Sudden realization*

Lea Sirk went to :pt: and her fave was :nl:
Ana Soklič went to :nl: and her fave is :pt:
:p

A-lister

Veteran
I'm really sorry but this is so elevator music, it's a bit frustrating because I actually find the guy's voice interesting and in a more interesting composition then maybe I could get behind this.

I wouldn't be surprised if the juries get behind, but I think it's too bland and forgettable to stand out in the crowd. Just being able to sing live isn't enough if you don't have a good song to back it up with.

Zeus

Did you like Ride the Sun (posted it earlier) @A-lister?

That intro.. This would have been my #12 for sure.

A-lister

Veteran
Did you like Ride the Sun (posted it earlier) @A-lister?

That intro.. This would have been my #12 for sure.

#12?

It's better, darker, more influences by 60s progressive rock, but still not there for me.

He sounds quite different here though.

Ladynoir

Wait

RTP?

Directed this????????

What is going on
I swear, I don't know what the delegation ate this year but they're making sure we're also eating a full meal with this staging.

The television snipet is even better thant what I had imagined. I'm kind of mad that they're stuck in the middle of all these ballads, especially right before Bulgaria (that has an amazing staging too). I don't understand why Finland wasn't put between both but oh well.

I'll drop a vote or two for them during the semi final, hoping it'll reach the final. I trully believe it's deserved this year.

midnightsun

Veteran
In the ESCunited interview Jendrik was asked if he had to switch his song and perform another (of the other contestants), which it would be - and he said Portugal. He said he likes the song and added (because one always wonders since he‘s so quirky) that he also writes a lot of slow songs. He thinks „Love is on my side“ is nice! :love: (<- I agree with him)

Decayingbooks

I've just found out that The Black Mamba's keyboard player, Gui, aka Yanagui, produced the recently relesead song "Cleopatra" and it slaps.

hijirio

Veteran
What's with the hype for Portugal this year?
I mean ok, the staging is nice (even tho they don't even have any props or anything special?), but after all it was everyone's ded bottom before the rehearsals, why is it now 19th to win the whole thing?
Looks so fishy to me.
Very sus.

lacrymea

What's with the hype for Portugal this year?
I mean ok, the staging is nice (even tho they don't even have any props or anything special?), but after all it was everyone's ded bottom before the rehearsals, why is it now 19th to win the whole thing?
Looks so fishy to me.
Very sus.
They're actually 17th (16th yesterday).
I don't see anything fishy about it.
The staging worked and elevated the song. They're seasoned professionals and it shows when you compare them to other acts. Rehearsals happened and there was a shift. It happens every year.

What's so suspicious?

Shadowfuxcs

I still consider their staging to be one of the worst, I don't like the colour scheme, I am not convinced by the choice of going big and showing all of the stage, and the moment where he is chasing that oversized figure on that runway is more comedic than emotional because of the way she walks. And the she just... disappears. The juries will go crazy about it anyway.

DanielLuis

They're actually 17th (16th yesterday).
I don't see anything fishy about it.
The staging worked and elevated the song. They're seasoned professionals and it shows when you compare them to other acts. Rehearsals happened and there was a shift. It happens every year.

What's so suspicious?
And it's not like Portugal was bottom of the odds before that either. We hovered around 20th-25th throughout the whole pre-season.
It's not like the fan bubble's reaction to a song after it's selection is a surefire sign of how the song will fare in the contest

i anixi

I wonder whether we shall be semi 2's Belgium come Thursday.
It was quite a classy performance for what was really just an average song. Still, average as it is I believe it is better produced than ours, it is properly finished and doesn't sound like it has lost steam and run out of ideas half way through as ours does. On the other hand, Tatanka's vocal quality, divisive as it is, will make it stand out in a way Belgium did not.
I'd like us to go through, which is something I sadly don't say every year of our entry. This is an okay song, our best shot out of FdC I'd say.
I just feel they could have done so much more with it, composition wise. It promises so much as it starts and then it just kind of swirls off, feeling a bit flat, a bit too short, somewhat lacking in the end.
We're borderline, anything may happen. I will be happy if we end up in the final, it is very important for our future selections and consequently for our future in this competition, but not too disappointed if we don't.

Top Bottom