Maybe not tonight

Love is…
Love is…
Love is…

Love is on my side
Maybe not tonight​

Last edited by a moderator:

DanielLuis

Gonçalo Madail said today that it is too early to make a decision about 2021, as they still need to hear the guidelines and suggestions from the Reference Group.
However, I think the most likely thing is that they'll hold a new FdC edition in 2021. They would probably invite Elisa, or automatically qualify her to the final, though

Mimmon

Veteran
Gonçalo Madail said today that it is too early to make a decision about 2021, as they still need to hear the guidelines and suggestions from the Reference Group.
However, I think the most likely thing is that they'll hold a new FdC edition in 2021. They would probably invite Elisa, or automatically qualify her to the final, though
I actually see that FdC happening and inviting her to final...

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully that would be the case. it's the least they could do, really! Especially considering Elisa has already said she would love to go in 2021 again
Yes I think that would be a case. FdC has been gathering a lot of attention both ffom artists and the public. So I think that would be a good solution. But with a direct access to the final. Not like Estonia, where they are making him go through the semi again.

crashworld

Veteran
Yes I think that would be a case. FdC has been gathering a lot of attention both ffom artists and the public. So I think that would be a good solution. But with a direct access to the final. Not like Estonia, where they are making him go through the semi again.

I agree. I feel that's the only right thing to do for countries with NF - to invite the 2020 winners and have them compete in the finals if they decide to go with the NF routes in 2021.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree. I feel that's the only right thing to do for countries with NF - to invite the 2020 winners and have them compete in the finals if they decide to go with the NF routes in 2021.

I doubt Marta Carvalho (the composer) will be back. She posted on Instagram something like: " I quit this experience with a lot of gratitude..."

So I think she won't be back.

crashworld

Veteran
I doubt Marta Carvalho (the composer) will be back. She posted on Instagram something like: " I quit this experience with a lot of gratitude..."

So I think she won't be back.

The composer may not be back but Elisa could still continue without her. Elisa just need to find another team to write a song for her. Unless Elisa is sticking to the composer.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
N
The composer may not be back but Elisa could still continue without her. Elisa just need to find another team to write a song for her. Unless Elisa is sticking to the composer.
No idea how RTP is going to deal with the situation now and I think they won't have any info in the next month's. Portugal is in state of emergency due to the Coronavirus and everything is running in minimum services with a lot of people working from home including tv jornalists :s

Decayingbooks

Looks like tradition will continue for Portugal...

It seems that rtp will hold a national selection in 2021 or Portugal will withdraw...
Still there's no confirmation from the portuguese broadcaster so we will have to wait

Decayingbooks

LOL why would Portugal even withdraw in first place

Lack of budget.
We are unsure how the coronavirus will affect the portuguese economy in the long term and the portuguese broadcaster if funded solely by the government, so a withdraw will not be a surprise.

Top Bottom