Last edited by a moderator:

DanielLuis

A-lister

Veteran
In the semi Portugal got 239 points

Judges 128
Televote 111

Source: eurovisionworld
Go to eurovision.tv -> Rotterdam 2021 -> Selecte the semis/final and go to the Detailed Voting results
You can see how many points each country got and which points they gave in both components

https://eurovision.tv/event/rotterdam-2021/second-semi-final/results/portugal

Thank you darlings :love:

Oddly I checked both these and couldn't find, but maybe I was too quick !

cegs5

Qualifying being 5th in televoting and 4th with the jury... I’m happy with that.

For Portugal qualifying is an achievement and doing it fairly well in both sections is even better.

A-lister

Veteran
Qualifying being 5th in televoting and 4th with the jury... I’m happy with that.

For Portugal qualifying is an achievement and doing it fairly well in both sections is even better.

But where were the juries' love when Portugal sent the awesome "Telemóveis"? xshrug

It's a bit discouraging to see them jump onboard with this entry, but not when Portugal sent something daring and original in their own language... typical jury behavior if you ask me.

cegs5

But where were the juries' love when Portugal sent the awesome "Telemóveis"? xshrug

It's a bit discouraging to see them jump onboard with this entry, but not when Portugal sent something daring and original in their own language... typical jury behavior if you ask me.

would you have preferred the jury sinking a clear televoting qualifier?

I’m with you about the role of juries generally, but specifically about this entry, their qualification cannot be questioned, they did well in both televoting and jury during the semifinal.

A-lister

Veteran
would you have preferred the jury sinking a clear televoting qualifier?

I’m with you about the role of juries generally, but specifically about this entry, their qualification cannot be questioned, they did well in both televoting and jury during the semifinal.

Well it hasn't stopped them with other entries? xshrug

I refer more to the love it got from the juries in the final though, it's just so typical that the juries would of course show up to show some love for this but didn't in the past when Portugal had more interesting entries xshrug

Oh well... I just hope this won't result in more conservative English language jury-bait from Portugal in the upcoming years..

Decayingbooks

As a die hard fan of Conan Osiris I must say that for me the main problem is that the staging in eurovision was worse than in the national final and I blame it on Conan Osiris being a very young and inexperienced artist, he basically started singing live a year before and all his concerts where him and the dancer, nothing more.
On december 2019 he did a concert with more dancers and with stagings that would make success at eurovision, but 2019 was too soon for him, maybe one day he will be back and blow everyone away.

NeoTen

If you would rate musicality, they'd be top 3.
It probably didn't get helped by the running order in the final. They should be proud though. So keep those teen girls away from the national selection, please. ;)

Miloutchi

I might be a tad upset this didn’t do better, but I guess it was not surprising. :(

Ianp16

For Portugal this is a fantastic result! So happy. I wonder how it would've faired if it was sung in Portuguese though?

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
A huge thanks to The Black Mamba for representing us! I believed in this song since the beginning! xlove

Obrigado aos The Black Mamba por nos representarem tão bem, com tanto profissionalismo, talento, beleza e emoção! xheart Votada ao fracasso e ao desdém desde o primeiro momento, sempre acreditei que fossem além das previsões e da falta de apoio. Adorei a música desde o primeiro momento. E um 12º lugar, de entre 26 finalistas e 39 participantes, é excelente! A par do orgulho mencionado, só nos deram motivos para continuar a acreditar que lá estamos a fazer alguma coisa e não apenas a vermos os outros passarem. Em inglês ou em português, odiado ou amadado, melhor que ignorado ou "com palmadinha nas costas".

The best of luck in your future career! xcheer

NeoTen

Ehm... nope

Still elevator background music to these ears with a pretty unpleasant melody, but each to their own of course...

Yeah, I just liked his non-modern vocal approach and the fade to gray in the first half, that's what I meant, comparing it to Belgium - who I find failed to compliment a slightly boring song through staging - at least Portugal attempted to entertain you. But different taste and all indeed. xshrug

Top Bottom