Maybe not tonight

Love is…
Love is…
Love is…

Love is on my side
Maybe not tonight​

Last edited by a moderator:

Decayingbooks

most of these are not plagiarism imo. Except Sandro and maybe Natalia..
To be fair people use plagiarism to much, plagiarism means there's an intent to copy a song, but unintentional similarities do happen and also people can just buy the rights of the intrumental and create a new song with it(that was the case with Rihanna's song "Work").
As per the rules, in Eurovision every part of the song should be original or have been made public not before September of last year, so using the intrumental of another song is against the rules, but, lest be honest, EBU kinda don't care, a country will only be disqualified if the copyright holder of the copied song sues before the contest begins and that is a big if.

Iker

Veteran
To be fair people use plagiarism to much, plagiarism means there's an intent to copy a song, but unintentional similarities do happen and also people can just buy the rights of the intrumental and create a new song with it(that was the case with Rihanna's song "Work").
As per the rules, in Eurovision every part of the song should be original or have been made public not before September of last year, so using the intrumental of another song is against the rules, but, lest be honest, EBU kinda don't care, a country will only be disqualified if the copyright holder of the copied song sues before the contest begins and that is a big if.
This x 100. Has that ever happened that some country (I mean their entry) got DQ'd for that in the past? I can't recall such an example but then I have only started following contest closely in 2006 and on the internet (message boards, wiwibloggs etc.) since 2016 probably.

midnightsun

Veteran
There had been rumours in the past about plagiarism and dq’s but none of them ever happened if I recall correctly. As I said, Sweden 2001 covered the complete Belgian song from 1996 and they even admitted it... no dq... what else should be worse? 😁

lasse braun

i liked the song from the first second - did not need 3-4 repeats or so - so quality and beautiful,cool staging and very unique music style in the field too.
i am sure that the jurys will give high points,especially if real musicans sitting there,so i can not really understand the momently poor odds for semi 2.
:12: from me (1 of 5 maximums this year) ! xcheer

harey

I quite like the song but I don't like the singer's voice, too high pitched to create a smooth atmosphere. I would compare it to Carousel because it's more about the atmosphere it creates and many people would easily find it boring.

Iker

Veteran
I quite like the song but I don't like the singer's voice, too high pitched to create a smooth atmosphere. I would compare it to Carousel because it's more about the atmosphere it creates and many people would easily find it boring.
I have the same exact thoughts about it. It is delusional to expect it to Q even from that seemingly less competitive semifinal. If juries were to go gaga over some random & rather dull song I'd rather bet on Amen by Vincent Bueno than on this.

Ianp16

Now all songs have officially been released I'm now absolutely convinced this will do A LOT better than many people are expecting. If it doesn't qualify I will cry. It's the most beautiful song of ESC 2021, in my opinion. Many friends have also commented that they really like it, and lots of them don't really watch eurovision like I do.

I'm gonna put my neck out and say it could be the second ever top 5 for Portugal 🇵🇹, IF the voting public get behind it. The juries I'm convinced will appreciate this entry in a sea of soft-rock and campy pop bangers.

I'm gonna get laughed at when this is a NQ...

giphy.gif

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now all songs have officially been released I'm now absolutely convinced this will do A LOT better than many people are expecting. If it doesn't qualify I will cry. It's the most beautiful song of ESC 2021, in my opinion. Many friends have also commented that they really like it, and lots of them don't really watch eurovision like I do.

I'm gonna put my neck out and say it could be the second ever top 5 for Portugal 🇵🇹, IF the voting public get behind it. The juries I'm convinced will appreciate this entry in a sea of soft-rock and campy pop bangers.

I'm gonna get laughed at when this is a NQ...

giphy.gif

Touchê.

giphy.gif

Fluke

I think this is going to do better than expected. It's gonna be hard to make the final, but possible, either way i don't see it coming near last.

crashworld

Veteran
Many friends have also commented that they really like it, and lots of them don't really watch eurovision like I do.

Then you better convince them to watch the semi-final 2 since UK can vote. If not, no point saying they like it but they don't watch and vote. Lol.

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

This is just boring, the singer has a good voice and with a more interesting song there would be some potential, but I'm not feeling this dated "middle age white man's 80's blues-rock elevator background music" at all. I think the juries might push it upwards though, it seems like it could be down their alley, to me this is a bottom 3 though.

blue00eyes

A good voice? For me it's freaking nasal and annoying. The song is just boring. Easily bottom of my ranking.

A-lister

Veteran
A good voice? For me it's freaking nasal and annoying. The song is just boring. Easily bottom of my ranking.
Each to their own, but yes the song is boring indeed and bottom material for me too.

Ezio

Veteran
In my F*** Marry Kill game 2021, this is the song I want to kill

hijirio

Veteran
This is a joke entry that is not even funny. His singing is so annoying. Dullness of the melody is a reminiscent of Latvia 2019. Everything about it is very WRONG. This is the strongest contender for ded last of the semi.

#NEXT

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • This is a really nice song, overall.
  • He has some weird vocals, but I'll take them.
THE BAD:
  • This song might put some folks to sleep. Not me, though.
THE VERDICT:

This is a nice song with some quality production. It reminds me of those 60s and 70s soul records. If it had a little more rhythm, it wouldn't be out of place in a Muscle Shoals recording session. It's not your typical Eurovision sound, but I'm glad it is a sound here. 8 points

Top Bottom