7 3.3%

8 3.8%

5 2.3%

5 2.3%

12 5.6%

35 16.4%

• Total voters

tuorem

S!sters [MENTION=16440]Mainshow[/MENTION] [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] [MENTION=16089]anaraqueen[/MENTION] .... Let us pray for the troubled souls here on earth that are quite evidently in search of "a light to guide their way and keep them safe when oceans rage" (Nina 5:16).

Please show compassion to those whose beliefs are being tested and "help them fly" (IVAN 5:16) on their way to repentance, for everyone with a pure heart deserves to reach "Telemóveisvana" (Portuguese enhanced version of Nirvana).

Let us not falter, "keep the faith" (Tamara 2:17) and spread His Holiness Conan's teachings among the disorientated truth-seekers surrounding us. Amém.

IndelibleEqualAdouri-size_restricted.gif

ESC94

You guys don't have to like everything that is "different" to realize that the juries tank songs that are not commercial pop or commercial ballads.

The main problem of Telemóveis is that RTP is lazy and don't want to spend anything on staging. if "being unlikeble" would make singers flop in the semi, Salvador Sobral wouldn't have won and Ingrosso wouldn't have been top 10. :rolleyes: and the opposite also applies: if being likeable would mean being successful, claudia pascoal wouldn't have been last. slaya sirksus wouldn't have been bottom 5. the list goes on.

Well, I guess everyone has their own definition of "likable". Salvador for example was kinda cute for me, but Conan on the other side was from the very beginning this kind of person you don´t want to start an argument.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Well, I guess everyone has their own definition of of "likable". Salvador for example was kinda cute for me, but Conan on the other side was from the very beginning this kind of person you don´t want to start an argument.

I don't know if the language helps me in this case but it always was the opposite to me :lol: conan is a guy i would be friends with and salvador would be a guy that i would fight at least twice a day

ESC94

I don't know if the language helps me in this case but it always was the opposite to me :lol: conan is a guy i would be friends with and salvador would be a guy that i would fight at least twice a day

Just to make things clear: I didn´t approve of everything Salvador said and his winning speech was also a bit respectless towards the other artists, but until this point I kinda liked him.

HayashiM

Veteran
Anaracute the heroine, Conan the nice friend and Salvador the villain xheat Where the telenovela at? xpopcorn

At the bald fat buddhist monk Hayashi who dragged Salvador the villain out of everyone's sight for a cup of tea in an underground temple, in order to have a philosophical discussion about feelings sometimes taking form of fireworks. Meanwhile, Anaracute the heroine shares an amicable drink of her choice with Conan the nice friend. It being Christmas time, everyone chooses to just worship their own idol. Of course, while all recent quarrels are about to fade into oblivion, next season's battles, loves and intrigues contours slowly begin to shape up on the horizon...

tuorem

I was planning to make good use of my 9000th post here, but then got carried away writing nonsense elswhere xfacepalmso let me just haul this thread out of the abyss to celebrate my nine years (and 40-ish days) of membership on the forum. xcheer

I got into the contest in 2009 and do not regret it one bit, for it made me experience a wide array of emotions, from fun and joy to annoyance and pure emotion, while broadening my views on music. Not to mention I keep precious memories related to my late godmother, with whom I used to watch the shows and make personal rankings until she passed away in 2017.

I seize this opportunity to say thank you to the entire ESC United community (our superstars and less known members alike), as I think you all created a space where following the event year after year and exchanging opinions was a delight imo. I consider myself lucky to be a part of it.

And finally, my main intent was to pay tribute to Conan Osiris and "Telemóveis" (which I unilaterally renamed "Tuoremóveis" a while ago), which I can safely say is my favourite Eurovision entry of all times as of now. I have a bunch of songs that are very close to my heart, including "Suus" that will remain a true gem of mine, enhanced by Rona's life-changing heartrending performance during the first semi final in 2012. At the moment, I have to side with the mystical journey Conan took me on, after the Portuguese stunned me with the deep whimsical realms of "Amar Pelos Dois" and "O Jardim". I raved about it several times in the past already, so once more won't hurt: I never grow tired of the brilliance of this musical statement that, like a changeable weather, clears up and darkens through a myriad of layers that speak to me in an almost transcendental spiritual-like fashion. I cannot unfeel the occult energy the composition radiates, a sort of undescribable ominous quality to it that directly connects to my soul. "Telemóveis" is one of the reasons why I will forever be awestruck by the power of music: when a piece enables you to explore your inner self and strikes a chord you never thought existed, it hardly can get any better than that imo.

Conan, if you ever read this, thank you so much for putting such music out there for the world to enjoy. Works coming from a personal place can hit other people hard and resonate within them in unexpected ways. Music is magic.

Since I had made a religious-inspired fake to represent my Portuguese holy trinity (see my signature) at the time, I'll end this tribute on another bombastic representation of Sir Osiris, because why not? :LOL: Deities and Muses should be revered properly.

Y6WTRrp.png

Last edited:

ESC94

I was planning to make good use of my 9000th post here, but then got carried away writing nonsense elswhere xfacepalmso let me just haul this thread out of the abyss to celebrate my nine years (and 40-ish days) of membership on the forum. xcheer

I got into the contest in 2009 and do not regret it one bit, for it made me experience a wide array of emotions, from fun and joy to annoyance and pure emotion, while broadening my views on music. Not to mention I keep precious memories related to my late godmother, with whom I used to watch the shows and make personal rankings until she passed away in 2017.

I seize this opportunity to say thank you to the entire ESC United community (our superstars and less known members alike), as I think you all created a space where following the event year after year and exchanging opinions was a delight imo. I consider myself lucky to be a part of it.

And finally, my main intent was to pay tribute to Conan Osiris and "Telemóveis" (which I unilaterally renamed "Tuoremóveis" a while ago), which I can safely say is my favourite Eurovision entry of all times as of now. I have a bunch of songs that are very close to my heart, including "Suus" that will remain a true gem of mine, enhanced by Rona's life-changing heartrending performance during the first semi final in 2012. At the moment, I have to side with the mystical journey Conan took me on, after the Portuguese stunned me with the deep whimsical realms of "Amar Pelos Dois" and "O Jardim". I raved about it several times in the past already, so once more won't hurt: I never grow tired of the brilliance of this musical statement that, like a changeable weather, clears up and darkens through a myriad of layers that speak to me in an almost transcendental spiritual-like fashion. I cannot unfeel the occult energy the composition radiates, a sort of undescribable ominous quality to it that directly connects to my soul. "Telemóveis" is one of the reasons why I will forever be awestruck by the power of music: when a piece enables you to explore your inner self and strikes a chord you never thought existed, it hardly can get any better than that imo.

Conan, if you ever read this, thank you so much for putting such music out there for the world to enjoy. Works coming from a personal place can hit other people hard and resonate within them in unexpected ways. Music is magic.

Since I had made a religious-inspired fake to represent my Portuguese holy trinity (see my signature) at the time, I'll end this tribute on another bombastic representation of Sir Osiris, because why not? :LOL: Deities and Muses should be revered properly.

Y6WTRrp.png

Congratulations for 9000 posts!! I´ve got a long way to go until I reach that number, but I´m working on it. ;)

Ezio

Veteran
The best song of all time of all nations.

Top Bottom