Composer:

Conan Osíris

Lyricist:
Conan Osíris

Lyrics
conan-osiris-portugal-eurovision-e1552881504294.jpg

Fluke

Re: PORTUGAL 2019

Lol, not a single post? Got a feeling they won't even be in it for a while - after that result, they're not exacly encouraged and they probably don't want to win again anyway....

Sean

Admin
Staff member

I'd hope for Diogo Picarra as a realistic option, so long as he hasn't damaged his reputation in Portugal.

Beatbombers were unique too, maybe they could be tempted to bring Portugal something different in 2019?

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Lol, not a single post? Got a feeling they won't even be in it for a while - after that result, they're not exacly encouraged and they probably don't want to win again anyway....

Being a host kinda gives you a wildcard anyway, look at Austria when they hosted, look at Ukraine... for a country like Portugal who weren't even too familiar with Eurovision as a whole I don't think it'll stick with them that much.

rikylouis14

Portugal will participate! I´m from Portugal, they made 25$ with ESC, RTP also stated in a program that can make ESC again if there´s any problem with Israel and EBU.
They also said that are planning Festival da Cançao our national final.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

Portugal is not Sweden. Portuguese people can easily live without Eurovision and even joke about the bad results. Only fans take it seriously If Portugal withdrew, most of the population wouldn't even notice it. Again, I can't understand why the satisfaction of seeing negative aspects about Portugal/Portuguese threads or songs. Last year must have been something hard to swallow for many people, that's what it seems.

rikylouis14

Portugal is not Sweden. Portuguese people can easily live without Eurovision and even joke about the bad results. Only fans take it seriously If Portugal withdrew, most of the population wouldn't even notice it. Again, I can't understand why the satisfaction of seeing negative aspects about Portugal/Portuguese threads or songs. Last year must have been something hard to swallow for many people, that's what it seems.

True, even eurovision being popular here , people still joking about it.
Some person made a video of Claudia saying “I won’t take the last place” we’ re pretty calm with ESC

Alaska49

claudia had no business being last place in the final and the staging should have been better, but musically portugal has been on the right track - this year was the first festival da canção that wasn't mostly horrifying. clean some issues of attitude up (music IS a bit of fireworks, accept it) and i see no reason for portugal to not keep a level of competence and qualification capacity like austria did after winning (and placing last with their host entry too)!

rikylouis14

Portugal confirmed today their participation in ESC 2019 by Festival da Canção (national final) saying "Every year a new chapter" with a new logo and they also liked a person that said "2019 needs to be historic"

joancamo

Last 2 years Festival Da Cançao has been great, better that 2015 and before, they should keep doing in that track.

rikylouis14

I think Portugal should send Barbara Bandeira, she’s really young, talented and successful in Portugal. Her father is atui Bandeira (Portugal 1999)

Sammy

Veteran

I‘m praying for an uptempo-song from Portugal. Someting in the spirit of Michel Teló.

Romeo

This may be the first time this has ever been said in history but... I'm actually looking forward to the Portuguese National Final

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Please not another funeral. :'D Portugal bring something different and fun from the previous years. Still waiting for justice for the robbery of Suzy at esc, and also Catarina Pereira in the NF. Mea Culpa a hit.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

Please not another funeral. :'D Portugal bring something different and fun from the previous years. Still waiting for justice for the robbery of Suzy at esc, and also Catarina Pereira in the NF. Mea Culpa a hit.

Portugal do things the way they want, and I appreciate that. I'm sure we'll have plenty of up-tempo pop "bangers" from other country. I want Portugal to keep doing them.

Top Bottom