11 4.6%

8 3.4%

5 2.1%

7 3.0%

25 10.5%

• Total voters

Fluke

Re: PORTUGAL 2018

Those clips Dark posted with Mastiksoul and Amor Electro are exactly what i thought Portugal should send if they want to go modern - laid back vocals, not so heavily dramatic (as they always are otherwise) but with a contemporary sounding backing. Just not anything with that pretentious, theatrical vocal style that they always go for, regardless of genre otherwise - i know it's a very common thing in Portuguese music, but it's exactly what turns so many off from it.

lacrymea

Those clips Dark posted with Mastiksoul and Amor Electro are exactly what i thought Portugal should send if they want to go modern - laid back vocals, not so heavily dramatic (as they always are otherwise) but with a contemporary sounding backing. Just not anything with that pretentious, theatrical vocal style that they always go for, regardless of genre otherwise - i know it's a very common thing in Portuguese music, but it's exactly what turns so many off from it.

It's actually very common in Festival da Canção and what people seem to think is "ESC appropriate" - heavily dramatic songs, as you put it. The portuguese music scene nowadays has very little to do with that.

Maybe with Salvador's win people here start to gradually move away from that mindset and embrace other styles in the competition that usually were thought as not suitable for Eurovision.

Alaska49

JSSArcos

For me Fernando daniel, with a good good music, he has a fantastic voice, (two videos of the voice 2016) (he was a winner)

DanielLuis

I want an established well-known artist this year that could give us a decent result in the final and, combining that with our hosting, help establish Eurovision's rising popularity in Portugal

JSSArcos

I want an established well-known artist this year that could give us a decent result in the final and, combining that with our hosting, help establish Eurovision's rising popularity in Portugal

Let's see, but I think with the savior's victory, this can change the mentality of Portuguese artists a lot and I think we will have several singers to participate, (at least I hope)

DanielLuis

RTP confirmed that our national final, Festival da Canção 2018, will take place in Guimarães, in the Multiusos de Guimarães, one of the venues bidding to host the 2018 contest.

JSSArcos

I think very well. Since the 2018 Eurovision will be in Lisbon. xclapxclapxclap

DanielLuis

RTP has also confirmed that form now on the host of FdC's final will always be in a different city every year! RTP has finally embraced the Eurovision spirit!

Also, the amount of songs in each semi-final will increase from 8 to 10. The format will be the same though, as RTP has invited composers who will write the songs and select the artists they prefer to sing them.

JonnyWest

What kind of nordic broadcaster planning is this xheat I'm impressed with RTP's work so far, planning everything so early and with a plan for the next 4 years, good job ! :)

DanielLuis

RTP has revealed this week how the 20 entries that will compete in FdC will be selected:

17 of the entries will follow the same format used in 2017 - RTP will invite some of the most proeminent composers in the country to write a song and invite a singer to perform it.
As winner of FdC 2017, Salvador Sobral will get to select a composer himself.
The 19th composer will be selected via a contest held by Antena 1, one of RTP's radios, that targets composers and authors without published works.
The final composer will be selected by open selection. Anyone can send an entry for RTP to consider.

tuorem

RTP has revealed this week how the 20 entries that will compete in FdC will be selected:

17 of the entries will follow the same format used in 2017 - RTP will invite some of the most proeminent composers in the country to write a song and invite a singer to perform it.
As winner of FdC 2017, Salvador Sobral will get to select a composer himself.
The 19th composer will be selected via a contest held by Antena 1, one of RTP's radios, that targets composers and authors without published works.
The final composer will be selected by open selection. Anyone can send an entry for RTP to consider.

Haha, King Salvador! :lol:

All this sounds too good to be true tbh. I thought Portugal was simply snubbing the Swedish hosting again in 2016, but they actually metamorphosed during their break :eek: Ukraine is shook!

I don't know what happened but it happened! Honestly, I cross my fingers for another high quality entry to represent you on home soil, and I would be thrilled to see you achieve a high placing next year (Azerbaijan 2012-style) :)

DanielLuis

Haha, King Salvador! :lol:

All this sounds too good to be true tbh. I thought Portugal was simply snubbing the Swedish hosting again in 2016, but they actually metamorphosed during their break :eek: Ukraine is shook!

I don't know what happened but it happened! Honestly, I cross my fingers for another high quality entry to represent you on home soil, and I would be thrilled to see you achieve a high placing next year (Azerbaijan 2012-style) :)

Imagine how Portuguese fans are feeling :D I just hope this isn't a one time wonder.
Hopefully the win will encourage our composers to try harder in the next years leading to the increase of the overall quality of the NF. A good result next year would certainly help that!

ScarlettGirl

Off-topic but we will participate in Junior Eurovision this year :eek:

Effect of the Salvador victory :lol::lol:xlove

I bet RTP was thinking: "Let´s win all them eurovision trophies!!" :lol:
I am kinda glad Norway isn´t taking part though, I don´t like the way JESC has turned out, but I am not going to comment why here in this thread. :D I hope you do well there too :D

DanielLuis

RTP has revealed that the list of internally selected composers for FdC 2018 has been finalized! The only slots open are those left for the open submission contests.
RTP is working very hard! This really shows how their mentality has changed, even with the extra work of producing the actual Eurovision itself, the work for the selection of our entry is already very well advanced and we are still 5 months away from the start of the NF!

Top Bottom