8 3.4%

5 2.1%

7 3.0%

25 10.5%

• Total voters

Mrm

Veteran
Re: PORTUGAL 2018

I have listened to all snippets..I can't say much based on snippets only...I need full entries, but quality is quite high it seems..

I can already say that Joana Barra Voz sounds FABULOUS! :eek: xbow xheart xlove

Mrm

Veteran

If Joana Barra Voz – “Anda Estragar-me os Planos” is as good in full as the snippet is and if she is good live…it can be my favorite NF entry for 2018! It’s beyond AMAZING snippet.. :eek:

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think all of them are pretty good quality. But that doesn't mean they are good. We have a few that are obvious veeeeery snoozy (a pretty snoozy semi-final I must say. Can't wait for the second one).

However there are a few that I really really like!

Janeiro is my absolute fave! He has a wonderful voice and the song just pulls you in.
Diogo Clemente (FINALLY a good fado kind of song). Beautiful!!
Benjamim with "Zero a Zero" is also pretty good. I actually listen to this types of songs everyday so I'm very happy with having one on FdC. And it's actually the one with most views on Youtube!
Mallu Magalhães has a sweet song but I wouldn't send it to eurovision.
Maria Amaral has an amazing voice! I also like it! A LOT!

At least these 5 songs are way better than last years first semi!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I think this is going to be my favourite NF of the year. It's really hard to have strong opinions though at the moment as most of the snippets didn't even seem to reach a chorus.

"Zero a Zero" stands out as seemingly the only super bright and uptempo number. That timeless breezy 70s sound is actually kind of hip and happening in the indie sphere at the moment. I'm pretty sure i'll be falling in love with this one.

"Só por Ela" is gorgeous. Give me more now please.

"O Som da Guitarra é a Alma de um Povo" seems like my kind of Beatle-esque ballad with a Portuguese touch, and so i'm really liking it. For better or worse it does sound like it was grabbed from another era, but this kind of stuff is timeless to me. I've a feeling it could end up my ultimate favourite.

Those three really piped my interest from the snippets but I didn't dislike anything at all. I think you can pretty much pick what you want from this particular bunch and probably cake walk into my top 10 this year. I do wonder perhaps is this NF is too.... well I can't even say too one sided because it actually only has one side. But then I think to myself how some people would feel if there was a selection with just hot pops. They'd be living for it. So i'll live for this. Thank you Portugal....... although surely some pop songs must be coming the following week?

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think this is going to be my favourite NF of the year. It's really hard to have strong opinions though at the moment as most of the snippets didn't even seem to reach a chorus.

"Zero a Zero" stands out as seemingly the only super bright and uptempo number. That timeless breezy 70s sound is actually kind of hip and happening in the indie sphere at the moment. I'm pretty sure i'll be falling in love with this one.

"Só por Ela" is gorgeous. Give me more now please.

"O Som da Guitarra é a Alma de um Povo" seems like my kind of Beatle-esque ballad with a Portuguese touch, and so i'm really likeing it. For better or worse it does sound like it was grabbed from another era, but this kind of stuff is timeless to me. I've a feeling it could end up my ultimate favourite.

Those three really piped my interest from the snippets but I didn't dislike anything at all. I think you can pretty much pick what you want from this particular bunch and probably cake walk into my top 10 this year. I do wonder perhaps is this NF is too.... well I can't even say one sided because it actually only has one side. But then I think to myself how some people would feel if there was a selection with just hot pops. They'd be living for it. So i'll live for this. Thank you Portugal....... although surely some pop songs must be coming the following week?

I'm not sure we will have "pop" songs but I'm 100% sure we will have some with a more "modern" twist. Diogo Piçarra and Isaura will bring it I'm sure. Capicua seems promising as well!

And yeah I agree... This is a one sided semi final, but what to say about Greece last years and the years before?

And its way better to have a semi-final like this than the ones we used to have a few years ago!! :?

Mrm

Veteran

[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

I KNEW IT! xbow
I knew you will adore this NF when i heard the snippets earlier today :D

What do you think about my ultimate fave snippet: Joana Barra Voz – “Anda Estragar-me os Planos”

Such a pity this marvelous NF is not held the salt mine.. :(

Mrm

Veteran

I'm not sure we will have "pop" songs but I'm 100% sure we will have some with a more "modern" twist. Diogo Piçarra and Isaura will bring it I'm sure. Capicua seems promising as well!

And yeah I agree... This is a one sided semi final, but what to say about Greece last years and the years before?

And its way better to have a semi-final like this than the ones we used to have a few years ago!! :?

"Patati Patata" as well..what a funny title! :lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Yeah, I really like it being like this. I'm just thinking about other people and how they will feel, but maybe I shouldn't:lol: Most Eurovision national selections go the opposite extreme end of offering no music like this at all. I'm going to really enjoy this semixheart

Mrm

Veteran

I only fear a bit if these acts are good live enough for GEMS like these..

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

I KNEW IT! xbow
I knew you will adore this NF when i heard the snippets earlier today :D

What do you think about my ultimate fave snippet: Joana Barra Voz – “Anda Estragar-me os Planos”

Such a pity this marvelous NF is not held the salt mine.. :(

I'm predictable I guess when it comes to things like this, eh? “Anda Estragar-me os Planos” is quaint, lovely, warm. It sounds like something i'd listen to after a long day with a glass of wine whilst staring out my window into the black of the night. I like it. I like them allxheat

Ezio

Veteran

OMG, this selection is orgasmic xshock

This is sooo goooddddd, oh myyy goodddd. Can we just send in all those entries and replace bland and plastic songs from other countries with them?

Totally my cups of teas. I could get behind each act..

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

Most of those songs are impossible to judge of short snippets. We need the full 3 minutes...and that's good. It means they are complete and songs and not cut into several sections. Some of them do sound promising.

Portugal are doing them as usual and not letting fans influence them. Good. This could be a low-key strong as hell selection, and I look forward to the live performances.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member

"Patati Patata" as well..what a funny title! :lol:

I'm not sure it will be THAT good xD I don't have high hopes for that. But oh well... I guess we have to wait for the 19th to find out! :)

Mrm

Veteran

I'm not sure it will be THAT good xD I don't have high hopes for that. But oh well... I guess we have to wait for the 19th to find out! :)

and what does that mean? If means anything at all.. :lol:

JSSArcos

Making of" Trofeu Festival da Cancao, 2018 :lol:

[video=youtube;D-EkJM6TYk0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=25&v=D-EkJM6TYk0[/video]

Just for curiosity :D

Mrm

Veteran

I think the FdC takes some ideas from San Remo, regarding trophy, design of the site, pictures of artists, approach to the genre and music..and I don't say this in negative way..quite contrary... :)

JonnyWest

I think the FdC takes some ideas from San Remo, regarding trophy, design of the site, pictures of artists, approach to the genre and music..and I don't say this in negative way..quite contrary... :)

I wish we had something like Sanremo in my country :(

Mrm

Veteran

It doesn't mean anything at all :lol: Maybe they'll give it some meaning with the context of the lyrics

Hmmm now it makes me curious... I can not wait for that!! xyaaay :D

Mrm

Veteran

[MENTION=6762]DanielLuis[/MENTION]

I typed Patati Patata on yt and I got some Portuguese programme for children.. :lol:

Top Bottom