14 5.9%

11 4.6%

8 3.4%

5 2.1%

7 3.0%

25 10.5%

• Total voters

Realest

You can thank Salvador for this Result. He destroyed your Countries Reputation. I guess Spain, Switzerland and France gave all the Points.

Gordon_Shumway

I want to give a hug to all fans of this beautiful, amazing, wonderful entry. xhug
Place 26 for this masterpiece is FALSE beyond ridiculous and while I write this I get angry and very sad at the same time.
I may find not much sleep tonight: on the one hand I am so happy for my own country's fourth place, on the other hand I am upset about this injustice against Portugal.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
This one last and Salvador won with record? Joke. No matter that I love 'Amar Pelos Dois' i still have that fake winner feelings xshrug

Well Portugal is coming back to the ground.

Mrm

Veteran
My friends who watched with me ADORED Portugal..me too..and what a quality…to be second to last with juries! TRAVESTY! SHAME!! ESC jury is garbage!! I want to PUKE on them! Bastards! :mad: xslap
I don’t care if I swear, I’m to angry! :mad:
France, Portugal and Bulgaria should be number one, two and three with jury if there is any justice..
Sweden number 2 with jury, I puke over them.. :(
Our jury gave 12 to Sweden! :(

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The problem with this song is that it's the furthest away I think we've ever had from a Eurovision entry. It's a beautiful song but it's not a Eurovision song. I was saying this to [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] the other day. It feels like an album track from an indie record. It's not instant. It doesn't have a pop structure. There's no hook there to grab onto. There's a vibe and it's a vibe that lingers softly with you. It's the kind of song i'd think about on a rainy afternoon. I'm still not "crazy" for this song like I would be with usually my big Eurovision favourites, but it is right at the top of my list of very best songs of the year. It's something that proved just too difficult for Eurovision, and I imagine my first reaction to "O jardim" which was basically "hmmm this is ok" is probably what happened throughout Europe. Comparisons to "Amar Pelos Dois" I think are absolute mute, as they are totally different songs, different compositions, different structures, different vibes, different packages, different genres, different performers, different messages. "Amar Pelos Dois" was strangely instant for a large chunk of the fan base. "O jardim" is a beautiful choice for a host entry as you have nothing to worry about, but seeing it last is a sad thing, I must confess. I voted a few times for Portugal but sensed a position in the 20s coming sadly. The girls should be proud still of their beautiful and poignant performance.

Seeing my bad boy Salvador tonight brought back all the memories of last year. I'll never forget your win, and good luck to any country who wants to try and snatch Amar Pelos Dois' spot as my number 1 Eurovision entry of all time. It will be extremely hard.

A tonne of love to our Portuguese friends on the forum, and thank you for such a special Eurovisionxheart Let's not wait 50 years for your next win.

Mrm

Veteran
[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

All three interval acts, with Salvador, Sara Tavares and company and the first one with fado singers were the best interval acts EVER! xbow

Thank you Portugal for these GEMS! xlove xheart

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

All three interval acts, with Salvador, Sara Tavares and company and the first one with fado singers were the best interval acts EVER! xbow

Thank you Portugal for these GEMS! xlove xheart

That Salvador/Caetano performance made my heart stop. It was staggering.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
This one last and Salvador won with record? Joke. No matter that I love 'Amar Pelos Dois' i still have that fake winner feelings xshrug

Well Portugal is coming back to the ground.

He wasn't a fake winner. He was the winner. :) Countries like Portugal or Finland or other usually unlucky countries might also suprise sometimes. Portugal might be back to the ground, as you say but with a record to be broken and a great hosting, with 2 fantastic weeks where I've seen ESC fans having lots of fun. If you are referring to his heart condition, I didn't see him manipulating people nor being nice nor playing the victim for being seriously ill (I'm sure you've heard that he had a heart transplant). I do not like the way he expresses his opinions even a bit, but he never pretented to be something else he isn't. You can call him everything but a hypochrite.

As for Claudia, it doesn't matter how much some people liked this song. I saw this coming. It's not an easy song and it got lost amongst the others. If I were someone from another country, I would have probably forgotten the song.

SirPeterGriffin

Humilianting and non-deserved result. Even uk did better for crying out loud. Oh well, back to reality...the grudge against Portugal is still a lot.

bouncybobcat

I'm sad, they didn't deserve last place. It's going to be a song I always remember and I love the way it was done. I was worried that it would get lost though, so I'm not surprised... for me it feels like you really need to pay attention to it, and when you do, it works beautifully, otherwise you won't even notice it. I'm glad the crowd supported them after the show.

Himan

I loved the song. If I was a jury member i would've put it first, but i'm not, so. It got overwhelmed by the Brittish hate guy and chickens with fire I guess.

Sammy

Veteran
I can see the frustration and as Austrian I know how it feels when you are hosting and becoming last. Personally I never liked the song, I couldn't connect with it and I was rather surprised by the huge support among fans. Everyone I asked outside the ESCbubble didn't even bother to listen to the end of the song, when I tried to play it to them. I know, this is not representative, but in the end it was obviously the right impression I got.

bouncybobcat

I was watching with two other people, and I actually don't think it even made enough of an impression for them to say it was boring. They just took no notice and were surprised when I said that I liked it. I can definitely see their and your point of view, even though I love it.

mauve

Veteran
I didn't like the song either, but it definitely didn't deserve last place. But among my friends, nobody cared about the song either. To them - and also to me - the song was a bit boring. A problem, I think, is that there was no true highlight in it.

lolita

It is unfairly ingnored both by public an juries, but I will continue to listen to this amazing, emotional song even after ESC, and I love Claudia's voice so much! xheart Performance was so beautiful, I really love it.

Top Bottom