Contact us

Portugal PORTUGAL 2014 - Susy - Quero Ser Tua (Como A Lua É Do Luar)

How do you rate the entry?

39 17.2%

10 4.4%

13 5.7%

24 10.6%

18 7.9%

21 9.3%

13 5.7%

12 5.3%

17 7.5%

10 4.4%

50 22.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Portugal.png

dizzydjc

Re: PORTUGAL 2014

Here's hoping they will come back stronger than ever.

DanielLuis

It seems the 2013 ESC will possibly be broadcasted by RTP after all! At least the final it seems!
My hope for our return already next year is growing higher and higher!

Jim

I hope for Portugal to return! xpray

GRE

It seems that the first good news for the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 are on their way. According to escportugal.pt.vu, Portugal is about to return to the contest next year. The withdrawal this year was due to the privitization plans of RTP something that didn’t happen anyway. The RTP executives are working on the country’s return to the Eurovision Song Contest. Although RTP will not air the semifinals this year they are thinking seriously to broadcast the grand final on May 18th which is anyway a prerequisite for a broadcaster to participate next year.

Nicholas123

It seems that the first good news for the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 are on their way. According to escportugal.pt.vu, Portugal is about to return to the contest next year. The withdrawal this year was due to the privitization plans of RTP something that didn’t happen anyway. The RTP executives are working on the country’s return to the Eurovision Song Contest. Although RTP will not air the semifinals this year they are thinking seriously to broadcast the grand final on May 18th which is anyway a prerequisite for a broadcaster to participate next year.

xyes. Portugal always has a soft spot in my heart. This country is terribly underrated in ESC.

dezbee2008

I hope they come back. Their song in 2012 was my favorite.

Verjamem

Portugal send interesting songs, so it's very good that they rather come back in 2014.

Impressive

Banned

To be honest I rarely like Portuguese entries (2009 and 2011) also 2012 national final was criminally boring to me but how much countries, that much fun at Eurovision. I hope they will be back and bring Eurovision fun by Portugal back xheart

NikkiBoy

I'm 99.9% sure - :pt: Portugal will return!

mono

i really hope we come back next year. watching eurovision without esc it's actually a little bit hard for me. if we actually comeback i hope its with an internal selection with a great song. usually our national final is full of bad stuff and we just send the best of the worst instead of the best of the best. we did have very good entries but they were very underated (2003, 2008, 2010, 2012, just to name recent ones).

Personally i would love to see Amor Electro or Luciana Abreu (the girl from 2B in 2005) with something very, very, strong.

Krishoes

Amor Electro for Portugal would be amazing!!!

I think that, beyond the tastes, Portugal is a great nation and I wish it will be in every future edition of the Eurovision 'cause it has a kind of music very special and different from other nations.

mono

thanks krishoes ;) and i agree, we do have a very special kind of music.

amor electro will release a new album this year and the first single this month. having them on eurovision it's not that far, since one of the member of the group wrote a song to last years national final (terribly interpreted by Joana Leite). It's just the matter of them having the time and RTP wanting them on stage. fingers crossed!

A-lister

Veteran

I hope Portugal comes back! They're one of the few genuine countries left.

Sure, I can't say I've been a big fan of most Portuguese entries during the last decade or so, but I still appreciate them bringing their local language to the contest.

Also there have been obvious cases where Portugal have been highly underrated aswell.

mono

RTP just annouced that they are going to broadcast the three shows! it looks like we are really going to be back next year :p IMO opinion RTP would never broadcast all the shows if they didnt wanted to comeback.

Jim

RTP just annouced that they are going to broadcast the three shows! it looks like we are really going to be back next year :p IMO opinion RTP would never broadcast all the shows if they didnt wanted to comeback.

Great news!!! :p

Top Bottom