WorldVision Mod
Staff member

POL_województwo_pomorskie_flag.svg

y9fv.jpg

age3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
Dziekuje bardzo / Thank you guys! Your comments blew me away (and made me smile). I'm deliriously happy you two appreciated that entry so much! - Behemoth has become one of my latest discoveries and I couldn't resist submitting it. I've been flopping with very successful Polish pop entires (look at 2 out of 3 entries from Mazovia) and therefore, I just wanna send something I truly believe in/adore and share some Polish music from our 16 voivodeships.

"Bartzabel" is also great. Actually, it was my back-up entry ;)

Mainshow

Veteran
Personally, I think it's a misleading term. It refers to a historical region which isn't eligible to participate in Worldvision. I wanted to get the historical version of "Silesia" but it got rejected, also NUTS regions aren't allowed either.

We should stick to the political unites of current voivodeships now, otherwise people simply gets confused + it's against the rules.

dogmeat

Tack you all. No, it's only been 6 years ;)

Personally, I think it's a misleading term. It refers to a historical region which isn't eligible to participate in Worldvision. I wanted to get the historical version of "Silesia" but it got rejected, also NUTS regions aren't allowed either.

We should stick to the political unites of current voivodeships now, otherwise people simply gets confused + it's against the rules.
The region is defined by its administrative borders for the purpose of the game.
It's Poland's government fault for misnaming its provinces xD If you want confusing, there's also a "Western Pomerania" province located in central Pomerania, and it borders Germany's "Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania".

At the end of the day it's just a name. I don't think most people care. Nobody ever had a problem with the name Pomerelia. Whatever you call it, is fine by me, whether it's Pomerelia, Pomerania or Northern Macedonia.

dogmeat

Okay, so our entry for WV 120 was a country rock project of Behemoth's leader, Nergal. It combines typical dark atmosphere of his music with a country-like sound.

WV 120
Me and That Man - Cross My Heart and Hope to Die

WV 121 Laboratorium Pieśni is a group of singers who arrange folk songs from all around Europe, in a traditional Slavic singing technique called "white voice".

WV 121
Laboratorium Pieśni - Sztoj pa Moru

As for WV 122, it's gonna be a contemporary classical song by a beautiful and talented pianist and composer. Stay tuned ;)

Top Bottom