Contact us

Poll: Your favourite "I'm sorry, zero point" song

Ezio

Veteran
Which is your favourite "zero pointer" from the televoting of all times?

Here are your options:

2003 :uk: Cry Baby
2004 :ch: Celebrate
2009 :cz: Aven Romale
2012 :fr: Echo
2013 :es: Contigo hasta el final
2015 :at: I'm yours
2016 :cz: I stand
2017 :at: Running on air
2017 :mt: Breathlessly
2018 :is: Our choice
2019 :at: Limits
2019 :de: Sister
2021 :cz: Omaga
2021 :nl: Birth of a new age
2021 :de: I don't feel hate
2021 :es: Voy a quedarme
2021 :uk: Embers

Honorable mentions from the jury department:
:sm: 2017, :es: 2017, :il: 2019

Shout out to :lv: for most last places in a semifinal

Austria, I am rooting for you! :love:

Last edited:

MAD20

Germany 2015, Czech Republic 2016 and (unpopular opinion) UK 2021.

Franco

Ann Sophie!xheart
2015 :de:

Totally upside-down scoreboard.

hawadharma

If :cz: Aven Romale was an entry in 2021, it might get some points for its originality and quirkiness :D

Sabrewulf238

Definitely :cz: 2016, I Stand.

Honourable mentions go to I don't feel hate and Limits. (also Black Smoke!)

I liked Omaga from this year as well but the live performance kind of ruined it a bit.

musicfan

I was totally addicted to :uk: 2003 prior to the contest, and I think their car crash on stage was kinda epic and hilarious. They scored one point for each note they sang in tune.
Weren't there technical problems for much of that contest? To have a song you like ruined by that surely is something to be annoyed at rather than finding funny. Latvijas Televīzija (LTV) have somehow got away with it as most aren't even aware.

Ezio

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran
Weren't there technical problems for much of that contest? To have a song you like ruined by that surely is something to be annoyed at rather than finding funny. Latvijas Televīzija (LTV) have somehow got away with it as most aren't even aware.
Well Latvia was the poorest country as of this date to ever host the big ass Eurovision. If you sue them, what would you get out of it?

Brandt

Unironically, I actually love :de: Sister, as well as :de: I don't feel hate, and :de: Black Smoke.

I also voted for :fr: Echo back then, but I probably would not with my taste of music today.

Honorable mention: :sm: 2017 xheart

Ianp16

Probably :uk: 2003 but if it was sung in key and I didn't have to see the performance.

:cz: 2021 was also a hit with me but that's mainly because I want to have Benny's babies...

:de: 2015 was a quality entry, not really a song I would listen to but I thought it really did not deserve joint last, definitely in a year of, in my opinion, mediocre.

Ezio

Veteran
Please stop mentioning :de: Black Smoke in this thread. It has not received zero points from televoting.

Shadowfuxcs

"Limits" was my number #1 in 2019 and as a studio track one of my favorites songs from esc ever. Though I didn't like the staging or the choices she made in her singing so the result wasn't surprising.

(but I'm still bitter about how the fandom tore Paenda apart for chosing to go with such a song and then hyped Victoria with her thematically very similar songs)

tuorem

Please stop mentioning :de: Black Smoke in this thread. It has not received zero points from televoting.
I mentioned it in my post too before removing it... :LOL: I forgot it was a victim of the weird calculation system.

In hindsight, Ann Sophie had the royal treatment: firstly she was the default choice in the NF due to the Kümmertgate, and then she ended up with zero points despite getting points from both juries and televoters... No wonder the EBU did not keep that system.

nudiecrudi

The three big fat 0 deserved this year were UK. Germany and Spain.
I was rooting for Germany before the rehearsals but then totally felt down.
I don't mean these artists didn't deserved to be appreciated with points.
The countries deserved the 0 not the artists.
All these countries have the economical means and music heritage to organize decent national selections instead of choosing randomly the first who passes by. Does these singers have a career outside ESC?
I know JNewman is a song writer but is he famous as an interpreter?
What about Jendrik and Blas?
I know they could be some kind of famous but are they considered real and strong local artists?
I don't know much about the other big 4.but I can speak about Italy. From 2011, all our representatives are well established artists with strong careers.
Just a few days ago Emma and Il Volo had concerts at Arena di Verona, and you don't sing there if you aren't a famous artist. Diodato has a long career as a song writer, singer, winner of prestigious prices, and also he is the artistic director of La Notte della Taranta, a very well known and appreciated music festival in Italy. Marco Mengoni is one of the most appreciated and acclaimed Italian singers, many tours sold out. Mahmood is considered the best of the new and contemporary Italian generation of songwriters and singers. Gualazzi, Gabbani, Zilli, Meta Moro and Michelin all are very active and their music is very appreciated by the Italian public.
And I'm not talking about Maneskin. Do I?
I mean non of them was only-an-ESC-singer.

Ezio

Veteran
Blas is a star in Spain and I knew him long before Eurovision 2021. He had several number 1 albums with his boyband, but then also as a soloist. Best Spanish act in 2013.

Top Bottom