Contact us

Poland planned debut in ESC 1975?

Poland

How do you think it could be true that Edyta Górniak could not be the first Polish representative at Eurovision? I mean that TP, the former incarnation of TVP, could have considered the start of my country in 1975.
According to legendary rumors, Anna Jantar was supposed to represent us in this debut with the song entitled "Mój, tylko mój (Mine, only mine)" but in the end TP had to recognize the superiority of the broadcaster from Yugoslavia (debut in ESC 1961 but communist with my country) which the EBU chose instead of Poland.

tomos2019

That would have actually been good, one of the advantages I have to give newer contests is the geographical diversity and I am not a fan of Ding-a-dong so would have been happy to see it potentially beaten! That region of Europe like Poland, Ukraine being the exception, Hungary, Slovakia etc seems to be a bit underrated for my liking sometimes too.

EscGeek

Veteran
It's weird, but this song by Anna Jantar sounds exactly like eurovision 1975 :lol: xleft

That would have actually been good, one of the advantages I have to give newer contests is the geographical diversity and I am not a fan of Ding-a-dong so would have been happy to see it potentially beaten! That region of Europe like Poland, Ukraine being the exception, Hungary, Slovakia etc seems to be a bit underrated for my liking sometimes too.
Just like how Ukraine could have made their debut in 97

lilka

How do you think it could be true that Edyta Górniak could not be the first Polish representative at Eurovision? I mean that TP, the former incarnation of TVP, could have considered the start of my country in 1975.
According to legendary rumors, Anna Jantar was supposed to represent us in this debut with the song entitled "Mój, tylko mój (Mine, only mine)" but in the end TP had to recognize the superiority of the broadcaster from Yugoslavia (debut in ESC 1961 but communist with my country) which the EBU chose instead of Poland.
The situation of Yugoslavia was a bit different, that's why they were chosen.
I don't think this would have been possible for us as russian servants.

Top Bottom