60 29.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
Polsat is good for "Taniec z gwiazdami", "Twoja twarz brzmi znajomo (YFSF)" and so on. And that's it. They know how to make a good entertainment show, but have no idea about producing good music.

So they're good at international franchises, it doesn't say much since these shows are kinda like running a McDonalds restaurant, you already have the package ready.

Question is would they be good at something like Eurovision?

lilka

I don't think so, but my compatriots here may of course disagree.

Yoozek

Polsat is good for "Taniec z gwiazdami", "Twoja twarz brzmi znajomo (YFSF)" and so on. And that's it. They know how to make a good entertainment show, but have no idea about producing good music.
Tvp did not produce "River". They just f* up the 3min show around it.

lilka

I have just heard that today is a celebration of Ich Troje's 25th career anniversary transmitted by Polsat! Well, I do not listen to them anymore (I did as a kid in the early 00s) but I have lots of memories from my childhood. After hearing that, I looked for some videos of Michał Wiśniewski talking about his ESC memories and when he was asked if he would go again he said that he never says "no". He also says that he was a little disappointed, but the 2 times he went to ESC he met some artists that he liked very much and that managed to change his way of thinking about the contest, like Fabrizio Faniello, Oleksandr Ponomaryov, Andrey Danilko (aka Verka Serduchka) or Anna Vissi (he was absolutely right especially about the last one :cool:).
I personally would prefer not to see him representing us again... :ROFLMAO: Luckily enough, he said that he probably wouldn't represent Poland the next time.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Michał Wiśniewski

He can represent Germany, though. He even got the German citizenship, speaks German and NDR would be clearly happy to see someone of "international potential" to save us from getting last again.

lilka

Oh, you are free to steal him from us! :p

A-lister

Veteran
He can represent Germany, though. He even got the German citizenship, speaks German and NDR would be clearly happy to see someone of "international potential" to save us from getting last again.

He's awful, why would anyone even consider? Ich Troje was literally one of the worst groups :lol:

lilka

He's awful, why would anyone even consider? Ich Troje was literally one of the worst groups :lol:
In Poland, if you were a kid aged 11 in 2001 (like me) or even a little older and all the more if you were younger - he was a god. :ROFLMAO:

Mainshow

Veteran

Honestly, it would be an upgrade to S!ster, Jendrick, Levina, Ann-Sophie, Jamie-Lee and Malik Harris (regarding points/Eurovision success).

A-lister

Veteran
Honestly, it would be an upgrade to S!ster, Jendrick, Levina, Ann-Sophie, Jamie-Lee and Malik Harris (regarding points/Eurovision success).

He'd just be an addition to the list of bad entrants :lol:

If that's the best Germany could do, I would rather withdraw...

Mainshow

Veteran
He'd just be an addition to the list of bad entrants :lol:

If that's the best Germany could do, I would rather withdraw...
Dunno.
At least, he comes up with his own entry, has a distinctive voice and some sort of artistry - we haven´t had a German entrant ticking all these boxes for a while.

Speaking of "what Germany could do at Eurovision" - we should have withdrawn back in 2015.
But why should we fans be "punished" by not being able to vote for our favourites when it´s simply just our broadcaster who lacks originality, artistry, creativity, (national) pride, taste, credibility and the ability of reflecting on their own mechanism.

I´m desperate and hopeless. At this point, I honestly prefer to see Michał Wiśniewski represent us rather than having to encounter and witness what our broadcaster will come up with after all national finals post-2013.

lilka

Oh yeah, he does have a... distinctive voice :p

A-lister

Veteran
Dunno.
At least, he comes up with his own entry, has a distinctive voice and some sort of artistry - we haven´t had a German entrant ticking all these boxes for a while.

Yeah, he definitely has a distinctive voice... not a good one though :lol:

Artistry? I think we exaggerating a bit here :lol:

Speaking of "what Germany could do at Eurovision" - we should have withdrawn back in 2015.
But why should we fans be "punished" by not being able to vote for our favourites when it´s simply just our broadcaster who lacks originality, artistry, creativity, (national) pride, taste, credibility and the ability of reflecting on their own mechanism.

I´m desperate and hopeless. At this point, I honestly prefer to see Michał Wiśniewski represent us rather than having to encounter and witness what our broadcaster will come up with after all national finals post-2013.

We're kinda in the wrong thread for this lol, but I do hear your frustration, but if the "best" you could do is Michal then it's really not a step up by any means...

However Germany managed to revive themselves in Eurovision with Lena, maybe it's possible again... but yeah that needs to be a good entry first and foremost...

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
I'm honestly not opposed to the idea (even though I don't really like his music).
At least, we would be getting some points from Poland and the Polish diaspora (probably more than 6 televoting points this year or 0 points in the previous two editions).

"Artistry" somehow fits, though. I don't really like what I hear or see but unlike most of our recent entrants, he knows about his own style, what to show, how to sound and how to come up with his own material. Such honest, genuine and authentic combination has been very rare lately.

So yeah, Polska give us Ich Troje, proszę.

lilka

It's disturbing, but I have just realized that not having listened to their songs since ages, I can still, woken up in the middle of the night, sing Wstań, powiedz, nie jestem sam i nigdy więcej już nikt... xfacepalmAnd not only that...

It's like Miłość, miłość w Zakopanem, polewamy się szampanem (...) by Sławomir but even more intense :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Sławomir would be an inconic entrant to show Europe en masse.

TVP, pls make this happen!

RomanFromRussia

Would love to see some indie stuff like Kwiat Jabloni, The Dumplings, Ofelia or Rakovicky.

I do understand, it may not finish high or be understood well, but this is polish la classe which deserves to be shown to wider audiences.

Mainshow

Veteran
Would love to see some indie stuff like Kwiat Jabloni, The Dumplings, Ofelia or Rakovicky.

I do understand, it may not finish high or be understood well, but this is polish la classe which deserves to be shown to wider audiences.

How on Earth do you know such great acts? I absolutely love Kwiat Jabloni and The Dumplings!

Top Bottom